Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 809 810 [811] 812 813 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370708 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12150 on: June 07, 2014, 04:13:18 pm »

Can't build up suitable defences fast enough. I can get a ground perimiter but then don't have time for anti-air so my infrastructure at the rear gets destroyed and I run out of energy and can't get it to the front and die.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh man, that map was insane. I lost a couple times before I managed to get a foothold and drive the creeper back.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #12151 on: June 07, 2014, 04:26:38 pm »

Can't build up suitable defences fast enough. I can get a ground perimiter but then don't have time for anti-air so my infrastructure at the rear gets destroyed and I run out of energy and can't get it to the front and die.

THERE'S A NEW ONE?!!

I played that game for DAYS each time it came out on Armor Games or Kongregate or Newgrounds.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12152 on: June 07, 2014, 05:05:01 pm »

Yeah, I've been playing and map-making for a few months now.
Play the fourth map on CW3:Abraxis on Kong. The idea of flip emitters was one of mine; I'm quite glad that Virgil ascended it to semicanon.

Meanwhile...
I lost a bunker of Colony Prime.
(CW2)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?n
« Reply #12153 on: June 07, 2014, 05:10:54 pm »

FUCKING MACHOPS

Machops are my mortal enemy at this point, from Rock Tunnel in Blue and now I meet one at the end of Union Cave in Crystal. My entire party was exhausted, so there was nothing to do but wait for every Mon to be low kicked into oblivion. How do you even kick a plant, a sentient flying rock and a ghost in the nards? I'm assuming that that's what Low Kick does, anyway.

Pokemon Crystal.

If a common monster can totally destroy me in about five hits through shields and health potions, maybe I should take it as a sign that I'm not quite ready for Un'Goro Crater. Back to dungeon grinding, ugh.

World of Warcraft.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #12154 on: June 07, 2014, 06:21:51 pm »

Yeah, I've been playing and map-making for a few months now.
Play the fourth map on CW3:Abraxis on Kong. The idea of flip emitters was one of mine; I'm quite glad that Virgil ascended it to semicanon.

Meanwhile...
I lost a bunker of Colony Prime.
(CW2)
You are now my favorite person.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12155 on: June 07, 2014, 07:16:13 pm »

The idea of flip emitters was one of mine; I'm quite glad that Virgil ascended it to semicanon.
Are those the ones that move around, where the shield is introduced? They kind of necessitate shield spam (which I don't mind so much because I love shields but still).
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12156 on: June 07, 2014, 08:12:09 pm »

Nah, the moving emitters were around back in beta. I got the game a month after the main release; but before it went on steam.
The flip emitters are the ones that can spew creeper or anticreeper depending on which they're sitting in. THAT one was mine.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12157 on: June 07, 2014, 08:27:46 pm »

FUCKING MACHOPS

Machops are my mortal enemy at this point, from Rock Tunnel in Blue and now I meet one at the end of Union Cave in Crystal. My entire party was exhausted, so there was nothing to do but wait for every Mon to be low kicked into oblivion. How do you even kick a plant, a sentient flying rock and a ghost in the nards? I'm assuming that that's what Low Kick does, anyway.

Pokemon Crystal.

Low Kick is basically a sweep to knock them off their feet. Doesn't have a fixed power, its power ramps up against foes that are heavier. Machop's low kick would freaking destroy Geodude (the sentient flying rock, i assume), because super effective + quite heavy. I don't know how your ghost is actually even being hit by it, unless the Machop used Foresight - without using Foresight first, Ghost is immune to Fighting type and Normal type.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12158 on: June 07, 2014, 08:36:42 pm »

Did a quick custom battle, got locked into a three-way FFA with seven pikemen formations, three heavy cav, and four skirmishers. I set up a semicircle with pike walls, use the skirmishers to harass the Romans coming from my left, and used who survived that attack and the heavy cav to repel enemy cavalry trying to flank. I lost ~150 units out of my 700 but won the battle. "My" death comes from when my general decided it was a good idea to chase routing enemies out of the phalanx. When I found him and ordered him back, he made it about halfway before being cut down by hastati.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12159 on: June 07, 2014, 08:53:24 pm »

I run into a tile filled with strange statues trapped in "pain and fear", looking like "human flesh had been turned into stone," in an area menacing with a "strong threat".  Wonder if the game is trying to tell me something.  Then the game asks me if I want to investigate further.  I say "Yes."  Two turns later, five more statues now decorate the area...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #12160 on: June 07, 2014, 10:21:03 pm »

Trying to co-op with ShoesandHats at the Dragon Shrine, but kept getting summoned by other people. I stuck with people, though, being a dutious sunbro, and helped someone get all the way to the boss. Not wanting to fall to the usual fate of summoned help, I decided to wait behind the fog door until the dragon finished its initial fire attack, but apparently that can hit you through the fog door.

Dark Souls II
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12161 on: June 08, 2014, 05:38:00 pm »

I hit a wolf with a fireball spell at point-blank range, and the game decide that I'm the one who should by charred to a burnt skeleton. Or maybe my companion hit me in the back with a fireball at the exact same time, that's happened far to many times as well(although this particular has actually been fairly good about that, since she usually just summons).

FUCKING MACHOPS

Pokemon Crystal.

Low Kick is basically a sweep to knock them off their feet. Doesn't have a fixed power, its power ramps up against foes that are heavier. Machop's low kick would freaking destroy Geodude (the sentient flying rock, i assume), because super effective + quite heavy. I don't know how your ghost is actually even being hit by it, unless the Machop used Foresight - without using Foresight first, Ghost is immune to Fighting type and Normal type.
I didn't know about the weight bit, but yeah, Ghost-types are supposed to be immune to Fighting-types, without Foresight or Odor Sleuth. I found out about Foresight the hard way myself once, when my Absol got hammered by a Psychic attack. I also discovered that Future Sight(and possibly Doom Desire) also ignores type immunity.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12162 on: June 08, 2014, 08:51:31 pm »

FUCKING MACHOPS

Pokemon Crystal.

I didn't know about the weight bit, but yeah, Ghost-types are supposed to be immune to Fighting-types, without Foresight or Odor Sleuth. I found out about Foresight the hard way myself once, when my Absol got hammered by a Psychic attack. I also discovered that Future Sight(and possibly Doom Desire) also ignores type immunity.

I belive they deal typeless Psychic and typeless Steel respectively - their users get Same Type Attack Bonus from it, but they don't hit as if they were those types.

Funfact: due to the fact that most pokemon get fatter when they evolve, a fully evolved mon with the same Defense as a pre-evolved mon (incredibly unlikely to happen) would probably get hit harder by Low Kick.

As to Low Kick: In RBY, Low Kick had a power of 50, and a 30% flinch chance. Not too bad, but weak.
In GSC, it was same as above, but its hitrate was improved from 90% to 100%.
It was only as of Gen III that its power became variable, where it can range from 20 power (against 0.1 to 9.9kg heavy mons) to 120 power (>200kg), eg Snorlax or Wailord.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 08:53:55 pm by Reudh »

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12163 on: June 08, 2014, 09:53:45 pm »

Of all the zones I've been to, Tanaris has got to be the most depressingly empty one of them all. I have seen absolutely nobody since I got there. Also I'm slightly under leveled for the area, so I occasionally get mobbed by the fauna. hooray for ice barrier not being that effective anymore!

World of Warcraft.

Edit: Also, wiped many times on Stratholme before the instance group just gave up.

Be lucky.  :o

Every time I'm their; I get constantly mobbed by hordes of Horde PC's...

The horror... ._.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12164 on: June 09, 2014, 01:22:12 am »

-snipped-
I seemed to remember having a Haunter in my team, but I guess I didn't? I must have put it back in the PC when I had last wiped in Union Cave. TBH I really don't pay much attention to what's going on once it's obvious that I'm losing/winning, I just mash A until it's over.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 01:26:08 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 809 810 [811] 812 813 ... 1575