Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 807 808 [809] 810 811 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370984 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12120 on: June 04, 2014, 12:02:07 am »

Zombie Dragons ate me.

What I loved best about this boss fight isnt that they are dragons.  Or zombies.  Or that there are two of them.  Or that they get their own unique music.  Its that they are zombies that cant even crawl they are so putrid.  Their attacks are okay, perhaps each only has 3.

Anywho Im doing a normal playthrough and Im still wearing basic mage's gear @lvl 23.  So not only am I 'underleveled' quite a bit, I am wearing a cloth robe I found on lvl 4.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #12121 on: June 04, 2014, 12:14:01 am »

It's fun to chip people away slowly with my dual bleed/poison claws when they turtle.
However it's not fun when they use weapons that have more damage(all of them) and dodge all of my attacks.

Dark Souls II

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12122 on: June 04, 2014, 01:39:25 am »

Zombie Dragons ate me.

What I loved best about this boss fight isnt that they are dragons.  Or zombies.  Or that there are two of them.  Or that they get their own unique music.  Its that they are zombies that cant even crawl they are so putrid.  Their attacks are okay, perhaps each only has 3.

Anywho Im doing a normal playthrough and Im still wearing basic mage's gear @lvl 23.  So not only am I 'underleveled' quite a bit, I am wearing a cloth robe I found on lvl 4.

Easily one of the toughest bosses in the game. Ugh >.<
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12123 on: June 04, 2014, 01:48:15 am »

Damn everything that has the overwhelm ability.

All you need is a handful of enemies that share this attack and you will never be able to get off of the ground as they take turns knocking on your ass.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12124 on: June 04, 2014, 02:11:31 am »

Or that they get their own unique music.
They don't. They share it with later bosses.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12125 on: June 04, 2014, 03:47:42 am »

Damn everything that has the overwhelm ability.

All you need is a handful of enemies that share this attack and you will never be able to get off of the ground as they take turns knocking on your ass.

Anything that stuns interrupts Overwhelm and Grab.
For example, the wolves right at the start, that all have overwhelm: if someone gets overwhelmed, swap to Alistair and make him Shield Bash the opponent. If Alistair's on cooldown, swap to Ser Jory and use Pommel Strike. If they're both on cooldown, you'll have to sit there and wait out Overwhelm. (Thankfully it's pretty much a monster only ability, meaning you're only gonna see Overwhelm on Bears, wolves, bereskaarn, blight wolves, giant spiders, corrupted spiders and similar. Grab is used by ogres, and when you encounter your first one it's a guaranteed kill on the grabbed person unless you can free them with a stun.)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #12126 on: June 04, 2014, 03:53:18 am »

Zombie Dragons ate me.

Is that the GBA one?! If so, then please take this with you: <3

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12127 on: June 04, 2014, 10:26:41 am »

You have died. Do you wish to retry? [Yes/No]

You have drowned. Do you wish to retry? [Yes/No]

You have died. Do you wish to retry? [Yes/No] x6

Died because Donald was too damn lazy to heal me, despite ample MP for doing so. Twice.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12128 on: June 04, 2014, 10:27:46 am »

Zombie Dragons ate me.

Is that the GBA one?! If so, then please take this with you: <3
The first of three, actually. Personally I preferred it to the others.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12129 on: June 04, 2014, 11:13:54 am »

Yuppers.  I liked it best of all the gba ones too.

Beat the dragons with the power of timing and ill advised holy water and Thunderbird's str boost.  Then, on the way back to the save room, a specter pops up in front of the door!  Sigh.  They do 25 damage to my rather frail body, its not fair they are infinite in numbers and can pop up wherever they want.
 >:(

Castlevania
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12130 on: June 04, 2014, 11:43:15 am »

Yuppers.  I liked it best of all the gba ones too.

Beat the dragons with the power of timing and ill advised holy water and Thunderbird's str boost.  Then, on the way back to the save room, a specter pops up in front of the door!  Sigh.  They do 25 damage to my rather frail body, its not fair they are infinite in numbers and can pop up wherever they want.
 >:(

Castlevania

Circle of the Moon was one of the more interesting Metroidvanias on the GBA, but it lacked a little polish. I still prefer AoS due to polished game mechanics and controls, but it's too easy. HoD had an awesome entrance theme, but I believe that was it. Easily one of the most lacking Metroidvanias.

Vol Dragonfire to the face.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12131 on: June 04, 2014, 07:51:44 pm »

I sent a plane into orbit with a kethane scanner and found a decent amount of kethane on the continent north of the Space center.  I rig up a plane with conventional engines a couple kethane tanks, and a drill and fly it over to the site pulling a perfect landing.

I plant a flag marking the site and drill til the kethane tanks are full.  I have some difficulty taking off again, but didn't think anything of it, blaming it on the uneven terrain.  When I get back to KSC do I see the mistake. The plane is now very front heavy.  It flies but I load many quicksaves trying to land the thing.  It can't stay level enough to touch down softly anywhere under 200m/s, and 200m/s is fast enough that the plane flips and bounces when landing.

After the 12th or so try I manage to land in the grass near the tracking station, (the idea of landing the flying brick on the runway is absurd at this point) I congratulate myself and carefully taxi the plane back to the start of the runway where my kethane storage tank is, empty the plane's tanks and look to check out my progress towards filling the tanks.

Spoiler: Screenshot (click to show/hide)

It was at that point where I died inside.  After converting the kethane into liquid fuel to refill the jet I actually did all that for a kethane profit of a little over 1000.

KSP Kethane mod
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12132 on: June 04, 2014, 08:52:11 pm »

Finally got summoned after forty minutes of sitting around the bonfire in Anor Londo. Successfully managed to help someone beat the bosses. Happily spent my hard-earned humanity to turn human again, and trotted off towards the boss room so I could summon help myself.

Immediately after aggroing the second enemy in my path, my controller froze up and I watched helplessly as I was slaughtered in seconds. Back to zero!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #12133 on: June 04, 2014, 10:09:28 pm »

Yeah... Anor Londo is the part of the game I found myself saving those for. You probably won't need as many later, unless you intend to farm.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12134 on: June 04, 2014, 10:24:06 pm »

Yeah... Anor Londo is the part of the game I found myself saving those for. You probably won't need as many later, unless you intend to farm.

You'll get a TON of humanity towards the end of the game, especially if you play through the additional content. I've beaten every boss except Kalameet and Gwyn, and I've started my NPC-murder spree in preparation for NG+. Sooooo much humanity.

In related news, Kalameet is still a bitch, even when he has an arrow sticking out of his back that prevents him from flying.

Derk Serls.
Pages: 1 ... 807 808 [809] 810 811 ... 1575