Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 801 802 [803] 804 805 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371228 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12030 on: May 24, 2014, 06:18:26 pm »

Died somewhere in the dungeon, muscle-memory'd myself into hitting "Release spirit" instead of waiting to get rezzed. Spent the next ten minutes trying to catch up with the rest of the group, end up getting killed by mobs that we missed in little nooks and crannies.

World of Warcraft.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12031 on: May 24, 2014, 09:40:39 pm »

Remember kids, if you look up how to xenobiology because you forgot to pick Cargo Technician as your preferred profession, always do so outside of the slime pens.

SS13
Black lives matter.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12032 on: May 25, 2014, 01:44:58 pm »

Tried to take the shortcut through havel's tower to get to the bonfire under the fire drake.  Couldn't hurt Havel, so I decided I would try to outrun him.  I got stalled by the hallow soldier at the door out and havel flattened me while I was trying to get past it.

Then I decided that that is a Terrible Idea, since I can't kill the hollow soldier before havel catches up to me, and decided to run into the tower, collect my corpse then outmaneuver Havel and leave back the way I came in.

Havel is hiding next to the door and became uncharacteristically quick.  He flattens me the moment I stepped inside well before I could get my corpse, goodbye humanity and souls.

Dark Souls 1
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12033 on: May 25, 2014, 10:50:30 pm »

I was too high-level for Ashenvale from the minute I arrived, so I had nothing to do there. I started looking for a way into Mulgore, hoping to troll some low level Tauren for a while. Instead I ended up in the Southern Barrens, where I got destroyed because I wasn't meant to be there until a while later.

World of Warcraft.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12034 on: May 26, 2014, 11:41:58 am »

I'm a friendly neighborhood Soviet combat engineer. I blow down the door to the ammo bunker, find a lonely StG-44 with a bayonet, and continue walking to see this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Then I get killed by one of the many, many grenades the Germans are throwing to try and destroy it. Totally worth that golden situation, though. Red Orchestra 2.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 12:25:48 pm by Jacob/Lee »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12035 on: May 26, 2014, 11:46:43 am »

How? Just how? Also, I have many fun memories of that map, defending against wave after wave of Germans in that ammo bunker, with my comrades at my side. I also have memories of getting completely crushed by the Germans too, but that isn't too unusual in RO2.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12036 on: May 26, 2014, 01:42:26 pm »

How? Just how? Also, I have many fun memories of that map, defending against wave after wave of Germans in that ammo bunker, with my comrades at my side. I also have memories of getting completely crushed by the Germans too, but that isn't too unusual in RO2.
The unshakable resolve of Russia's finest, comrade.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12037 on: May 26, 2014, 10:42:25 pm »

It was 93 degrees fahrenheit out, so I took off my gear that I had accrued over the past two weeks of playing this guy. I kept a 9mm on me because safety first. I killed a couple of zombears that came along, and then a moose headbutted my torso

« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 04:51:46 pm by joemoben »
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12038 on: May 27, 2014, 04:44:25 pm »

After a moderately successful round (which included the murder of a Jason Sanders and nobody accusing anyone of being rogue) of being a moderately incompetent borg (which included buckling myself into a chair and then running out of power and getting lost while transporting plasma) serving his rogue AI master, I exploded spectacularly in Robotics, most likely due to the suspicious crew members present and their access to the robot-splodey panel.
SS13
Black lives matter.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #12039 on: May 28, 2014, 01:16:18 am »

I'm a friendly neighborhood Soviet combat engineer. I blow down the door to the ammo bunker, find a lonely StG-44 with a bayonet, and continue walking to see this:

Then I get killed by one of the many, many grenades the Germans are throwing to try and destroy it. Totally worth that golden situation, though. Red Orchestra 2.
How does one play RO2 correctly (and by that I mean minus the buggy bugs :x)
I can't finish the last mission of the german campaign due to those bugs (ie You've died! Respawn? > Respawns as a guy within the ground, usually near a trench but NOPE. Stuck in soil :v Can't suicide or grenade self...)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12040 on: May 28, 2014, 01:29:51 am »

From what I've read, the single player campaign is really not worth playing through. Red Orchestra 2 had rather bad optimisation upon release along with bugs.

The optimisation is... better, though the new Rising Storm maps don't play well for me while I can play all of the original maps. It is really a multiplayer game.

From my playing, you need to be patient. Go prone and crawl, run and dive into craters, take cover whenever possible and don't stick your head up if you know there's enemies in front of you. Squad leaders help advance through smoke grenades (the enemy can't shoot what they can't see). I really did think it captures what combat would be like. Everything's going well than suddenly you're shot because you moved ahead just a bit too far or went around that corner without knowing there was an enemy there.

As a rifleman, you're guns good for sniping but really you need to push forwards. Take note of where the next patch of cover is (Rocks or a hole, walls can be shot through if they're thin) and move forward when there's cover fire. Lob grenades when you're near entrenched enemies and charge in soon after. Stay near you're squad leader as he gets new spawns on top of him, you don't want to venture out alone so stay with a group.

Edit: One things I've found useful is if you are sniping from a window, stand back from the sill. About a meter back from the window, don't take cover right under the window. The further back you stand, the less you're exposed to additional enemies other than the one you're aiming at.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 01:32:09 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12041 on: May 28, 2014, 11:49:40 am »

Not quite a death, but my first game got a 1.75 average score. Apparently zombie + RPG is a "terrible combination".
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12042 on: May 28, 2014, 12:10:05 pm »

Multiple attempts at stopping a Soviet convoy. Said convoy consists of a lead tank, two trucks, and a BMP behind.

You'd think the first real mission(techincally 3rd/4th, depending on choices) would be easier, but each time someone would get killed(replacements suck), the BMP would blow away most of the squad, or the BMP would be destroyed, the trucks stopped, but the tank would somehow get away, resulting in the mission not updating properly.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12043 on: May 28, 2014, 12:15:41 pm »

Not quite a death, but my first game got a 1.75 average score. Apparently zombie + RPG is a "terrible combination".

Explains Dead Island.  *Ba-dum-tss*

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12044 on: May 28, 2014, 02:40:28 pm »

Explains Dead Island.  *Ba-dum-tss*

*clap*
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 801 802 [803] 804 805 ... 1575