Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 799 800 [801] 802 803 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371426 times)

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12000 on: May 21, 2014, 04:31:15 pm »

The roboticist called me to the Research break room, saying someone was looking for him. after I finished my meeting with the heads of staff ((everyone got death alarms!)) I pick up the three diona's waiting outside, there all adorable! I then went into the meeting place, walk in, asked what he wanted, he promptly stun gloved me, and my two dionas started keeping his shit down, long enough for me to flash him, I then call for sec and try to run with the diona's, By then I was at Crit red health ((IPC's don't feel pains!)) After get to the research door, Here he comes with his surgical saw of doooom! One final cut on my head and my body just blew to bits, and my Screen((where my Positronic brain is stored!)) is stolen! The evil roboticist, with my head, goes into Morgue, casually slurps up the new body, and chucks my head into the coffin. Cue the captain, my fair three dionas ((Chi, Katterpod, and a nameless one)) trying to find my fallen head. ((My IPC name was F.A.L.L.E.N!Cue the life alert jokes!)) and a fair five minutes later, they are in the morgue, all the morgue containers are open, but my coffin is the only one not opened, then the Captain opens it and runs for whatever reasion, Chi picks my head up, brings it to robotics. Robotics cuts open the monitor and stuffs it into a CYBORG! THEY COULD OF PUT THE HEAD BACK ON AND HAVE ME ROLL OUT!((IPC's loose all there limbs when they die, Defaulting to rolling around)). Cue me picking all my broken peaces into a body back and into the shuttle.

Ill go on.

The next round, after a long round of Xenobiology ((I have Widdle golems!)) I walk out, a scientist was being muuurdered! By another one! I say stop that! Cue him stun batoning me and my hoard of nymphs(( Katter pod CHi and one with a human-ish name)) disarm him to hell, but this time I was in crit for reals, cant move, but cant die due to time.So I was like, No problem, Ill live. after the murderer running away and the nymphs dragging me to science, the roboticist((different one and different round)) put me on surgery table, turns on his welder, and accidentally murders me.
How you ask?
He wasn't on help intent and I was a scratch away from turning into (repairable) bits. Cue the welder causing the feather that brakes the camels back.
Ten minutes later, I am fully repaired, all limbs replaced and shiny too! From then on the round continued until the murderer scientist pops out and suicide bombs me.((Unrepairable, gibbed.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12001 on: May 22, 2014, 01:06:55 am »

Fifteenth level gug killed from full health (over 200 hp) in one turn by a small kobold :-\

Furyband
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12002 on: May 22, 2014, 03:18:02 am »

Fell off a tall tree, missing the puddle of water by one block.

Minecraft (still lags like hell, but it's more manageable now.)
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #12003 on: May 22, 2014, 03:44:12 am »

have you tried installing the Optifine mod?

It gives large FPS boosts, and the option to tweak things even more if necessary.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12004 on: May 22, 2014, 03:48:44 am »

I would try, but it would invalidate my modpack setup for multiplayer. (not that I really care about it, but the real reason is that it's tiring :P)
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12005 on: May 22, 2014, 05:05:26 am »

My Optifine works along well with multiplayer. Apparently the people there lag a lot but I didn't experience any engine lag with Optifine on.

So yeah I doubt Optifine cause compatibility issues.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12006 on: May 22, 2014, 06:09:48 am »

Damn last boss ( I assume, haven't beaten the damn thing yet) of transistor; keeps killing me :(
Tried respeccing but it doesn't seem to do much, I'll have to keep trying new builds tomorrow.
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12007 on: May 22, 2014, 09:58:47 am »

Gave in and bought the WOW battle chest. Proceeded to draw the attention of every thistle bear in the area with an AoE frost spell. 6v1 doesn't work out in favor of the lone mage.

World of Warcraft.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12008 on: May 22, 2014, 10:21:19 am »

Smashed the forum admin's television. Oh, and said admin was in the form of a giant, blue, man-eating land-shark-thingy. And ten seconds ago had threatened to refer to me as a bedtime snack, with all attendant dangers.

Fifteenth level gug killed from full health (over 200 hp) in one turn by a small kobold :-\

Furyband
...Why do I read that as Furryband?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12009 on: May 22, 2014, 12:40:27 pm »

I can trace the splinter of my group of alliances (and the backstab that broke my little AP-cheesin' heart) back to refusing to Dow on Montezuma to protect me from the one army that could have stopped my German Army of Horse-bowmen: Russian bronze.  Now I'm committed to a game of popularity, and nobody likes me.
  And Russia still eyeballs me.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12010 on: May 22, 2014, 05:40:11 pm »

Turns out that a kevlar trenchcoat and time dilation powers do not, in fact, make one immune to bullets.

RIP, cyborg-wizard guy.  :(

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12011 on: May 22, 2014, 05:46:41 pm »

I prefer sitting in the shadows (underground/waiting until night) and shooting them/throwing rocks. I haven't played in a while, so maybe they were finally changed and made capable of firing at the player, even through darkness.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12012 on: May 22, 2014, 06:20:26 pm »

Yes. Well. I ran out of bullets. And rocks.

Annoying thing is I'd actually taken a couple surprise turret blasts to the face earlier on without losing more than 1/5 health from it, so I thought I was at least bullet resistant. Except this time it took me from nearly full health to dead in a single turn.

Oh well. C'est la mort.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12013 on: May 22, 2014, 06:34:23 pm »

Yes. Well. I ran out of bullets. And rocks.
Throw everything. Random trash you have on-hand, your gun, your shoes, your underwear. Throw it all.

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12014 on: May 22, 2014, 06:34:56 pm »

An orc had a wand of disintegration.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 08:05:40 am by lijacote »
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.
Pages: 1 ... 799 800 [801] 802 803 ... 1575