Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 798 799 [800] 801 802 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371410 times)

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11985 on: May 19, 2014, 05:38:12 pm »

Got cocky and challenged a whole room filled with (sorta) ninja guardians. But seeing as this game doesn't comply with the Inverse Ninja rules...well...lots of bloody stabbing & slashing happened.

Screenie~
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11986 on: May 19, 2014, 05:39:15 pm »

That's a pretty great screenshot though, you should be proud!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11987 on: May 19, 2014, 05:40:25 pm »

Is that 10 million souls? How do people get all these souls?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11988 on: May 19, 2014, 05:44:02 pm »

EIGHTY FOUR HUMANITY?!?!?!? What. How. How long did you have to grind to get those.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11989 on: May 19, 2014, 05:46:50 pm »

He probably invaded people and killed 'em. I think that gives you their total humanity and souls. I've never invaded so I dunno.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11990 on: May 19, 2014, 05:55:46 pm »

EIGHTY FOUR HUMANITY?!?!?!? What. How. How long did you have to grind to get those.
Is that 10 million souls? How do people get all these souls?
It's not a big deal. On each instance of New Game+ soul drops from enemies increase. Also PVP nets you whatever humanity and souls the dude was carrying.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11991 on: May 19, 2014, 06:17:03 pm »

Not quite a death I guess but whatever.

I have a continent to myself, I am 'murika so I decide that this is a sign and I take over most of the continent.

Then Egypt decides to settle the one tiny little tile on my continent that is not under my thumb.  This means war.

It evolves into a huge bloody war spanning 3 continents as my massive navy destroys the Egyptians everywhere I see them.  There is the odd 10 turn long peace as I occasionally trade peace for one of their cities that I could take anyway or a boatload of money, but for the most part 'murrika is at war with Egypt from muskets to nukes.  I have a significant upper hand technology wise against the Egyptians the entire time.  I am top of the scoreboard by a good 500 points.  Egypt is below everyone else by over 1000.

Then frikking Russia who has been quiet the whole game and the only country that was perfectly happy of me nuking Egypt back to the stone age pulled a space victory out of their collective asses right after I got a foothold on the Egyptian mainland.

Sneaky Russians, I bet they planned that whole thing.

Civ 4
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11992 on: May 19, 2014, 06:17:18 pm »

Oh. Whew. I thought you had been grinding for a few hours.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11993 on: May 19, 2014, 06:54:44 pm »

Shit, the zone of play's centered RIGHT AT ME, I better hide somewhere where people won't think to look.

...I guess the green metal box right next to the dish will be a nice place to lie low.

Nothing good here... Oh! I have an idea! How about I put a claymore right in front of the door, so that when someone tries to get in...

...Ok, just gotta sit here until someone opens the door, and hope it kills them.

...What does "touch up the claymore" m-*BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!*

19 dead, 6 to go!

Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11994 on: May 20, 2014, 06:13:40 am »

It's 'touch off' not 'touch up'.
Touching up a claymore would be very different and probably illegal.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #11995 on: May 20, 2014, 07:53:54 am »

Stupid freaking metroids keep draining my health and then the cannons in the boss room finish me off.
*sigh*... Time to farm again...

Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11996 on: May 20, 2014, 09:34:22 am »

Accidentally turbo-sped against the rear end of a capital ship. Toasty.

X3:AP

Were you using the Auto-Pillock too?

Anyway my last death was on the field of battle in Normandy.  Then I realize I hadn't changed my chosen successor to my infant son and my dwarf cousin (who had a couple of counties in Wales) is now the King of Ireland. The joys of elective monarchy.

Nah, lag made the brake button work a little bit less responsive. An understatement, if I might add. :/

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11997 on: May 20, 2014, 09:55:12 am »

I am meant to destroy a Harkonnen base with nothing but quads, trikes, and a small non-renewable supply of infantry. Meanwhile, the Harkonnens have a seemingly infinite supply of rocket troopers and quads that stop any attack before it even gets off the ground. Every serious attempt ends with me being slowly whittled down. I have the feeling I'm missing something, even though I've built everything I'm allowed to build in this mission.

Dune II.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #11998 on: May 20, 2014, 12:49:18 pm »

I am meant to destroy a Harkonnen base with nothing but quads, trikes, and a small non-renewable supply of infantry. Meanwhile, the Harkonnens have a seemingly infinite supply of rocket troopers and quads that stop any attack before it even gets off the ground. Every serious attempt ends with me being slowly whittled down. I have the feeling I'm missing something, even though I've built everything I'm allowed to build in this mission.

Dune II.

What's the objective? Is there a way to kite the enemies via AI abuse? Can you just run in and blow stuff up and not care about losses? Maybe run straight in for the barracks first?

ComputerWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11999 on: May 20, 2014, 03:19:00 pm »

Decided to take a look at Prospector. Died multiple times; first to a gas field, then from getting my ship impounded by of a 3 credit debt, afterwards exploded a bunch of times taking fuel straight from a giant thingy planet, and finally got in a fight with an anti-piracy ship but crashed into space junk before any actual fighting could take place.

I think I'll stick to ASCII Sector for now. <.< The economy's more complete, and henceforth more appropriate for the merchant-style gaming I like to do.

Aye, but when you play a fighter, only doors will know fear in your presence.
Pages: 1 ... 798 799 [800] 801 802 ... 1575