Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 795 796 [797] 798 799 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371687 times)

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11940 on: May 14, 2014, 06:14:55 pm »

Oh most definitely.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11941 on: May 14, 2014, 11:08:48 pm »

Played Starcraft again after several months, beat the mission I was on in the Terran campaign. The next mission is New Gettysburgh. I send some Marines to see what could be on the tiny platform just north of my base.

Turns out it's a ton of Zerg that I'm not supposed to attack. They have no problem wiping out all my starting troops and SCVs. Time to restart...

Starcraft.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #11942 on: May 15, 2014, 07:02:17 am »

My hobbit rogue died to a crow. Apparently crows are pretty strong for early game monsters.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #11943 on: May 15, 2014, 07:14:58 am »

Repeatedly in the first few areas, because for some reason my rogue is producing 3000% more aggro then the heavy fighter and the war dog. Before any attacks actually happen. Everything just charges me and only me the moment it sees the party.

I'm starting to think the PC version is much more hardcore then the console version. Or I'm encountering a less then hilarious bug.

Dragon Age: Origins
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11944 on: May 15, 2014, 08:00:33 am »

Repeatedly in the first few areas, because for some reason my rogue is producing 3000% more aggro then the heavy fighter and the war dog. Before any attacks actually happen. Everything just charges me and only me the moment it sees the party.

I'm starting to think the PC version is much more hardcore then the console version. Or I'm encountering a less then hilarious bug.

Dragon Age: Origins
O_o
Origins? Really? Use Taunt for the fighter (and/or make him charge up first while you stay behind) and get him the heaviest armor.
And no, the PC version is cheesy easy. I beat it on the hardest difficulty with my archer-rogue. :))
But that depends on how you do it ;D

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #11945 on: May 15, 2014, 12:40:20 pm »

That's the weird thing, I had Barkspawn and Sten in my party, Sten in heavy chainmail, while I stole Alistair's splintmail getup for myself.
That might've had something to do with it, but even now that I put Sten in the Warden Commander armor and replaced Barkspawn with Alistair in the heavy chain I'm STILL having this problem, though to a lesser degree.

Hell, I've even been wearing an amulet that reduces aggro this whole time and its still somewhat of an issue.

Mind you my rogue is mainly a backstabby melee guy instead of an archer, and when he pulls out the bow they tend to focus on him less, but I STILL get one or two that bum rush towards me.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #11946 on: May 15, 2014, 02:12:17 pm »

Randomlocke run of Pokemon Zeta.
First Gym Leader, my party was a Seedot(12), a Sealo(13), and a Kabuto(7):
Suicune - KO'd without loss by Bide and Nature's power
Articuno - Took out Seedot, but KO'd by Encore abuse
Diancie - 1 hits both Sealo and Kabuto......

3 legendaries.... just my luck.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11947 on: May 15, 2014, 09:07:46 pm »

Hell, I've even been wearing an amulet that reduces aggro this whole time and its still somewhat of an issue.
Better to just double check if it's REDUCING the aggro...
Odds are you are right, but I still think you should check again.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11948 on: May 16, 2014, 05:43:41 am »

Got my tail rotor stuck in either a tree or a building right next to it and then my helicopter flailed around for a while until it impacted to ground and killed me.

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11949 on: May 16, 2014, 03:08:21 pm »

First ever successful flight to the Mun using a ship I designed. Unfortunately, I couldn't slow down quick enough.

Alas, poor Jebidiah, you died the way you lived; laughing like a goddamned moron oblivious to the fact that everything around you is disintegrating in a violent fireball.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #11950 on: May 16, 2014, 03:40:36 pm »

In my sleep-deprived haze I decided it would be fun to play Little Inferno again. After 15 minutes, my computer started overheating. (It's not even warm in my apartment.)

(I know it's not exactly a death, but it does seem like the game is trying to attack me in the real world, so maybe I should go to bed.)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11951 on: May 16, 2014, 05:16:22 pm »

Little Inferno
I would not be surprised if that game tried to kill someone.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11952 on: May 16, 2014, 05:54:11 pm »

"The Hammer Falls". So far, attacks on my base had been fairly minimal; Goliaths, Ghosts, Marines + Firebats. Nothing that bunkers and siege tanks couldn't keep out.

Then, out of nowhere come four siege tanks and half a dozen Goliaths. My pitiful bunkers are blown up with all the marines inside. I send my would-be attack force out to meet them. They all get blown up. Raynor decides to join the fun. He gets blown up, failing the mission. I never even scratched the tanks.

Starcraft.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11953 on: May 16, 2014, 06:13:08 pm »

First ever successful flight to the Mun using a ship I designed. Unfortunately, I couldn't slow down quick enough.

Alas, poor Jebidiah, you died the way you lived; laughing like a goddamned moron oblivious to the fact that everything around you is disintegrating in a violent fireball.
My first Mun landing involved crashing sideways into the surface and turning my spacecraft into a blackened smear.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11954 on: May 16, 2014, 06:29:33 pm »

Shot down a small UFO. All my guys have lasers (plasma clips are still being researched; I wanted the armor first) and power suits. Skyranger is fully loaded with 14 high-ranked men, elite guys who've been with me for over a year now. Got a guy with a small launcher and stun bombs, my two strongest have heavy lasers for taking down Reapers, Cyberdiscs and stubborn mutons.

No problem. I can handle this.

Guys step off. Kill two Ethereals. Sweet, love these guys, even when I had rifles they'd still die in one shot. Start moving in.. UFO is mostly undamaged. Must be a lot in there.. Then suddenly: MIND CONTROL. No problem, it's happened before. Just gotta move a bit faster..

Everyone got fucking mind controlled. Half my operatives died, the others were MIA. It was only several missions later that it occurred to me that maybe Ethereals' psy abilities had infinite range. It seems to be the case, that they're mind controlling one of my guys and using the newly acquired LoS to dominate the rest of my team from afar.

Note to self: nuke all small UFOs from orbit. It's the only way to be su- *NUKE HAS BEEN MIND-CONTROLLED* FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Pages: 1 ... 795 796 [797] 798 799 ... 1575