Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 790 791 [792] 793 794 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372131 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11865 on: May 07, 2014, 05:16:20 pm »

Oh, that really sucks, Kisame. :-\
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11866 on: May 07, 2014, 05:19:36 pm »

Yeah, I kinda died a little on the inside. Got him the next go round anyway.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11867 on: May 07, 2014, 05:22:15 pm »

Gratz. ^^^

Up next is the FPS killer called Blighttown. Good luck, and pack plenty of Purple Moss/Blooming Purple Moss!
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11868 on: May 07, 2014, 05:33:23 pm »

And if you didn't get the Spider Shield, do so.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #11869 on: May 07, 2014, 05:50:46 pm »

Turns out I'm an idiot by trying to spec as a Horse Archer and tackling anything harder than looters or a very small band of deserters/bandits. A Sassanid start can turn to Hard Mode quickly if you don't play smart. Desert Bandits. Not even once.

Mount & Blade: Warband
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11870 on: May 07, 2014, 08:01:01 pm »

Come back with some Khergit friends and soon you'll be selling desert bandit gear for beer money.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11871 on: May 07, 2014, 09:21:44 pm »

Khergits are wonderful early game troops to get. That's why I always end up starting in Khergit territory every native playthrough. That and motherfucking horse archers.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11872 on: May 07, 2014, 09:34:42 pm »

Those stupid sassarands are the most OP thing in the vanilla game, imo.  Every heavy mounted cataphract I see means a dead elite for me and more reason to stock a pike/xbows/bolt/bolt kit during defensive sieges.

Also Rhodoks ftw.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11873 on: May 07, 2014, 09:47:23 pm »

Nooooords. If only the huscarls were smart enough to not lower their shield just as a couched lance nears their face.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11874 on: May 07, 2014, 09:51:00 pm »

Blah, Nords are badass but for gods sakes they are so slow on the world map, that was the main reason I picked Khergit. My 100 horse archers could easily catch 50 Nords. :P

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11875 on: May 07, 2014, 09:54:12 pm »

I got shieldbashed to death.  It seems that the rumors are indeed true that a shield is the highest DPS weapon in the game.  Checking my log the one time they used their sword they hit me for 50.  Every hit from their shield hit me for around 170 and they could bash with their shield faster than swinging their sword.  Not only that, because their shield was up all my attacks did reduced damage, and all of my charge attacks got interrupted because interrupts are what yer actually supposed to use that for.

Yet another notch to the list of badly balanced crap about this clearly untested game.

Elder Scrolls Online.

(Tangentially related to the conversation since my opponent was wearing a nord helmet.)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11876 on: May 07, 2014, 11:00:46 pm »

After waiting for XCOM to download for five days, I finally get to play. Annnnd watch my soldiers die because of misclicks. I lost the Heavy I got from the tutorial, and a Recruit, all because my mouse double clicked when I pressed the key once. Almost lost an Assault too.

XCOM: Enemy Within. Thinking of picking up the Long War mod, but I'll try to finish vanilla first.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #11877 on: May 08, 2014, 12:35:47 am »

Having just been ambushed by an enderman I had apparently looked at, I start running back towards my gear, which was quite far away. I get there with little difficulty and jump down a ledge to continue exploring... only to die again. That's when I learned the mod I was using doesn't respawn you at full health.

Minecraft with Terrafirmacraft installed.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11878 on: May 08, 2014, 12:19:08 pm »

The very first enemy in the game runs up to me and lands a crit with his machete. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11879 on: May 08, 2014, 03:55:37 pm »

My first mission on Slient Hunter IV, everything went really well and we were on the way back to base. Then just before I got to base, the game started running badly and I couldn't slow time compression in time. We crashed into the port. Fuuuuuuuuuu-

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is my life in Silent Hunter V. Of course, I'm running about 23 mods on there as well. I found that manually adjusting the compression values so that it renders at 512 compression reduces crashes, but it's probably different for SHIV.
Pages: 1 ... 790 791 [792] 793 794 ... 1575