Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 787 788 [789] 790 791 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371954 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11820 on: May 05, 2014, 10:04:50 pm »

Fountain poison shouldn't instakill. It should only lower max HP and deal great damage. How much was your health?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11821 on: May 05, 2014, 10:05:42 pm »

I was starving, prayed, and was told that I felt good. I was still starving. If I have to see DYWYII? one more time... ::)

Nethack.

PPE: There are some instakill things that you can find, but that's usually from things that lower vital stats below 0.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11822 on: May 05, 2014, 11:09:40 pm »

Fountain poison shouldn't instakill. It should only lower max HP and deal great damage. How much was your health?

My max was only 15, I was still low level. Apparently I had accidentally killed my kitten at some point.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11823 on: May 05, 2014, 11:12:37 pm »

At least it wasn't Elona. Oh wait, that would've ended in death as well.

What is it with these games and making wells deadly? There was a well in Divinity 2 that was quite happy to let you live. All it asked for was you to chuck as much money down it as you could.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11824 on: May 05, 2014, 11:13:08 pm »

Sigmund.

Crawl.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11825 on: May 05, 2014, 11:14:29 pm »

That damn Sigmund.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11826 on: May 05, 2014, 11:19:40 pm »

Sigmund.

Crawl.

I quit Crawl after getting killed by him the umpteenth time. :|

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11827 on: May 05, 2014, 11:20:37 pm »

I haven't even played it, and even I know about that guy.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #11828 on: May 05, 2014, 11:22:11 pm »

I was about to kill a certain boss in Dark Souls 2, the one in the area where you get invaded fucking constantly. They were giving me SO MUCH TROUBLE and there are practically no summon signs there. Just as I was about to kill them, MY FUCKING CONTROLLER DIES. I've never wanted to punch something more in my life. I ended up punching my own fists out of frustration.

I recommend running from him. If you're sneaky enough, you should be able to spot him before he spots you. You can also skip the floor he's on, too.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11829 on: May 05, 2014, 11:22:31 pm »

I haven't even played it, and even I know about that guy.
I've played Dungeons of Dredmor. Guess what - there's a powerful named boss on floor 1 named Sigmund.

That bastard's killing inexperienced players in other games.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11830 on: May 05, 2014, 11:28:21 pm »

Sigmund.

Crawl.

I usually make it to at least the Lair of the Beasts, but this time I was trying a spellcaster instead of a tank.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11831 on: May 06, 2014, 12:26:42 am »

I was about to kill a certain boss in Dark Souls 2, the one in the area where you get invaded fucking constantly. They were giving me SO MUCH TROUBLE and there are practically no summon signs there. Just as I was about to kill them, MY FUCKING CONTROLLER DIES. I've never wanted to punch something more in my life. I ended up punching my own fists out of frustration.

I recommend running from him. If you're sneaky enough, you should be able to spot him before he spots you. You can also skip the floor he's on, too.

I wish I could efficiently run away, but half the time he goes invisible and catches up. Then he kills me. The only time I managed to kill him was when I played as the Missionary of Beogh, having so many orc followers to tank him. :<

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11832 on: May 06, 2014, 12:27:25 am »

I was starving, prayed, and was told that I felt good. I was still starving. If I have to see DYWYII? one more time... ::)

Nethack.
That probably means you had a trouble other than hunger, and the prayer fixed that instead.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11833 on: May 06, 2014, 02:47:56 am »

After some fifteen-twenty minutes, I've finally gotten Mr. Freeze on the ropes. Since I screwed up the chance for a Ledge Takedown and the Reverse Ledge Takedown is beyond my ability, my only option for the finishing blow was a Drop Attack. I made a few mistakes earlier, so even with full ballistic armor upgrades, I'm at four health bars left - and since this is New Game+, it might as well be one.

So I lure the ice man in a roundabout path that puts him just below one of the railings, and wait for him to walk by. My mistake was crouching behind it. In the heat of the moment, I forgot that trying to jump a railing while crouched will actually make you leap over it and hang off of it, as opposed to doing it while standing, which causes you to perch on top of it in perfect position for a Drop Attack.

Needless to say, old Victor jumped at the opportunity in front of him, and blasted old Bats full automatic in the back while he hung from a rail like a dipstick.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11834 on: May 06, 2014, 03:20:28 am »

I wish I could efficiently run away, but half the time he goes invisible and catches up. Then he kills me. The only time I managed to kill him was when I played as the Missionary of Beogh, having so many orc followers to tank him. :<
You see Sigmund?
You run like heck towards upper stairs.
You run to OTHER downwards stairs/emergency stairs.
You pray and get OUT OF THAT FLOOR AS QUICK AS YOU CAN.
Repeat due to Sigmund being slow.

...Dear goodness be with you if you try to fight him early. :P
Also, seriously. Keep on playing. Sigmund is like your 'grown-up Stone Soup' badge. You'll grow stronger, then you can get up there and beat him! \o/
Pages: 1 ... 787 788 [789] 790 791 ... 1575