Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 782 783 [784] 785 786 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371623 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11745 on: April 30, 2014, 07:02:33 am »

-snip-
So you lost everything?
Not everything, just most of everything. Some gamesaves weren't affected, though I think I know what caused the AR to freeze up now. It still means I lost all my dogtags on MGS2 and will need to beat the game again if I want to play on extreme.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11746 on: April 30, 2014, 01:59:51 pm »

Playing KSP with only vanilla and not using the rocket pad.

Managed to finally get a cargo plane into orbit.  I've managed to get spaceplanes to orbit before but never capable of getting to orbit well enough to drop something off once it gets there.

The Failure Lifter MkII failed to live up to it's name.  It successfully got into orbit and dropped off the beginnings of a refueling space station while only needing to take a fourth of the fuel it was delivering to stabilize the orbit.  There was much cheering back at mission control, the cargo was dropped off and Jeb fired RCS to deorbit, conveniently coming in near the Space center with plans to glide to a safe landing.

Unfortunately it turns out the cargo was more or less integral to the weight stability of the plane so not only did it go into a flatspin when it entered the atmosphere it went into a vertical flatspin, and with no fuel remaining for correction.  Jeb will be missed.

KSP
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

ghostetler88

• Bay Watcher
  • Stick a Soth in it!
    • View Profile
    • The Epic Gamers
« Reply #11747 on: April 30, 2014, 02:03:39 pm »

My whole party got slaughtered three times by a horde of orcs and gnolls attacking the stronghold where we began our quest.

I'd forgotten how much the early game liked curb-stomping the poor defenseless 1st-level parties.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A Let's Player appears! He menaces with spikes of mediocrity and failure. Beware his terrible puns!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11748 on: April 30, 2014, 03:03:21 pm »

Not a death so much as a ragequit, but I managed to get the last three treasures from the Perplexing Pool with about three seconds before day end. Unfortunately, I had planned to do the Submerged Castle that day, as well as the Shower Room. Because of that plan, I had decided to leave my twenty yellows over by the electrified gate blocking one of the treasures, as they would warp back to base as soon as I entered the Submerged Castle with my 80 blues. I remembered the yellows just in time to watch them all get horribly devoured and crushed during takeoff. Cue reset.

Pikmin 2.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11749 on: April 30, 2014, 06:16:12 pm »

Killed again by another player in Dark Souls 2. I was pulled into another player's world because covenant shenanigans.

He(?) had set a few traps for me, and I was quickly overwhelmed by all the mobs targeting me.

The only thing he actually did was shrug when I died.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11750 on: April 30, 2014, 07:21:49 pm »

Liquid cheats in the final jeep chase. There were plenty of times I hit him when he wasn't flashing, and he just didn't get hit.

Metal Gear Solid. I got it the next time. Best credits ever.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11751 on: April 30, 2014, 07:24:35 pm »

Killed again by another player in Dark Souls 2. I was pulled into another player's world because covenant shenanigans.

He(?) had set a few traps for me, and I was quickly overwhelmed by all the mobs targeting me.

The only thing he actually did was shrug when I died.
Hey, at least he was kind enough to pull you in to his world, so it doesn't cost you anything when you die.

There's another covenant elsewhere with much, much nastier location-based shenanigans.  :o

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11752 on: April 30, 2014, 07:55:50 pm »

Aloser.

I looked online and apparently if you don't know she is coming its a trainwreck.  She's like 4 levels higher than you, and the experience gradient is quite steep in the game.  She one-shotted every character I had.

Here:  apparently they redid the whole thing for the psp, which I haven't played:
As an aside, this battle was a nightmare in the original version due
to instant permanent death, and the fact Arycelle could conceivably
one-shot the main character if you weren't careful. Arycelle is
toned down a fair bit, but still as deadly as ever.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 08:15:01 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11753 on: April 30, 2014, 08:05:34 pm »

Thinker. Clockwerk. Rubick. Sniper. Dazzle.

This lineup is pure, unstoppable pain.

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #11754 on: April 30, 2014, 09:20:55 pm »

dota 2. after the last 5 matches someone on the other side picking axe, my best hero, and killing us, i pick axe myself. then razor is an asshat, feeds, insults us, and calls gg 16 times, before sitting in base and feeding courier after courier to them. Invoker that round wasn't much better, insulting us all, and then goign on about razor and 'mud people'

fucking hate dota at lot as of late..

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11755 on: May 01, 2014, 02:06:02 am »

The solution to my archerer problem?  Several hours of automated training and shamelessly throwing away a few lives.  With my characters one level below Aloser's, with the exception of my leader, we had god damage and good to-hit chances.

So add several painful deaths onto that other Tactics Ogre death.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11756 on: May 01, 2014, 02:11:41 am »

Two more invader related deaths for Dark Souls.

The first I was pulled into another player's world again, and we killed each other. Stalemates end with the aggressor being considered victorious, it turns out.

The second is a bit spoilery.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11757 on: May 01, 2014, 03:13:34 am »

Joining Dark Souls so late into the game's lifespan has turned PvP into a (often near instant) death sentence for me.  I've been invaded twice; one time they killed me with a single spell, the second time they killed me with a single combo.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11758 on: May 01, 2014, 10:41:42 am »

I got kicked in the shins.

You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11759 on: May 01, 2014, 12:48:24 pm »

Did the shin-kicker call you a ripoff artist beforehand?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 782 783 [784] 785 786 ... 1575