Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 780 781 [782] 783 784 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372030 times)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11715 on: April 29, 2014, 01:10:19 am »

Diablo II with the Median XL Ultimatum mod

...I may have found a new reason to try Diablo II again.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11716 on: April 29, 2014, 02:11:16 pm »

I head into the basement of the comic book store to save the game. I see Beatrice there, so I go to talk to her. One slipped finger instead results in some inappropriate grabbing, followed by a knee to the crotch, followed  by being thrown out of the store.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11717 on: April 29, 2014, 05:15:35 pm »

The necromancers in the Catacombs. God damn, I've killed three of the bastards, but the fourth is behind a lot of skeletons, and the ones closest to him regenerate. I can reach him, but it's fifteen minutes of careful advancement, followed by a minute of rushing the dude trying to get four fireballs on target, so I can take out the skeletons and have them stay dead.

Dark Souls
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11718 on: April 29, 2014, 05:23:46 pm »

You're probably more of a vet than I am, but my recommendation is to get the Occult Club from Anor Londo, delevel it to a +5 Divine Club, and whoop Skeleton ass. That's what I did my last run, anyway. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11719 on: April 29, 2014, 05:29:24 pm »

I thought I had to ring both bells to get to Anor Londo? I've only rung the belltower one. The gargoyles were surprisingly easy after I applied some gold pine resin to my longsword.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11720 on: April 29, 2014, 06:24:49 pm »

... There isn't a bell through the Catacombs.  In fact, it's easier and better to go to the Catacombs after Anor Londo is finished.  Try some other directions first, there's bound to be one that's not filled with reviving skeletons.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11721 on: April 29, 2014, 06:28:19 pm »

What, you mean I've been underleveled for this place? Fuck. It's gonna be a bitch to get out of there. Still, guess I saved my future self some trouble. Sorta.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11722 on: April 29, 2014, 06:53:23 pm »

...Yeah. The other way down is beneath the Firelink bonfire. And I don't mean jumping in the well. Which you can do but there's nothing down there.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11723 on: April 29, 2014, 07:08:39 pm »

I was downloading a save file for one of my vidjagaems through use of my Action Replay. It seemed to be going well, but when I tried to transfer it to my memory card via USB, the screen froze.

Thinking nothing of it, I put in MGS2, hoping for something in my Extreme Playthrough™ to post in this thread.

"Load Failed"

I reset the console, and went into the browser, everything appeared to be jolly and fine.

I tried other games, most of them didn't work. For some reason, my Free McBoot installation was uncorrupted and loading fine 100%, even though it has quite a few components.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11724 on: April 29, 2014, 07:10:48 pm »

The New Londo ruins? Damn. Thanks for saving me some trouble guys. I suppose I would have eventually got it, but that would cost quite a few SAN points.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11725 on: April 29, 2014, 07:11:34 pm »

The other bell is in Blighttown, not beneath Firelink in New Londo... unless you mean using the Master Key shortcut to skip most of Blighttown, which is fine and much better honestly. :P Assuming you don't have the Master Key, you have to go back to the church where you fought the Belfry Gargoyles, and head out the front past the three Baldur Knights to get the key on the corpse. That key will open the locked door near where you met Solaire so you can go to Lower Undead Burg and fight the Capra Demon for his key to the Depths, which once you defeat the boss there you'll get a key that will take you to Blighttown.

If you already know all that, sorry, just trying to help Kisame. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11726 on: April 29, 2014, 07:17:29 pm »

.... Well shit. Thanks.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11727 on: April 29, 2014, 07:21:12 pm »

So remember that rant I went on about how I thought Dark Souls was a poorly designed game?  Well as it turns out entering the graveyard fighting the skeletons, then fighting the larger skeleton, entering the catacombs, then running past the infinitely reviving skeletons and floating head things, killing the necromancer, going through the catacombs fighting boosted skeletons with weird spin moves, reaching the next elaborate lever thing, and then rage quitting because your Zweilander breaks, there's no way to repair it, and all the enemies now take like a million hits to kill...yeah turns out that wasn't how the game developers intended for newbies to proceed through the game.

The weird thing is I looted almost all the items in the area, and yet somehow didn't realize there were other ways to advance.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #11728 on: April 29, 2014, 07:36:34 pm »

I was actually thinking of mentioning that when I saw that post, but to be blunt. I think anyone dense enough not to get the hint after actually reaching the catacomb kinda might be beyond help.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11729 on: April 29, 2014, 07:45:53 pm »

There's a ton of ways to make it through the game. Some are just more needlessly frustrating than others. :P

I just finished the game for the first time a few days ago, and I never touched the catacombs until I'd beaten the entire rest of the game. (Which I kind of regret, since there's good stuff in there and I'd been strong enough for a while).

If you're playing spoiler-free like I was, you really need to pay close attention to what NPCs and item descriptions say and if you want to avoid getting lost and/or missing interesting things. The difficulty curve is fairly gentle (...to a point) if you approach things in a reasonable order.
Pages: 1 ... 780 781 [782] 783 784 ... 1575