Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 779 780 [781] 782 783 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372233 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11700 on: April 27, 2014, 12:18:52 pm »

The Catacombs.

Dark Souls.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11701 on: April 27, 2014, 12:29:29 pm »

My highest-level soldier, a badass cornstalk-munching hillbilly with combat armour and an assault shotgun, died in a sudden, fiery blaze of death when I encountered a new, unexpected kind of enemy. Everyone with a medikit was running towards him, but they were too late and I had them turn back before they burned to death as well.
I summoned up the force of will not to savescum, and pressed on with a heavy heart. :( Malcolm, you will be missed.
Now I need to decide on someone new to take up using the mighty shotguns...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11702 on: April 27, 2014, 12:36:52 pm »

Trying to play KSP after a long hiatus without using any vertical launch rockets and no addons.  So everything is vanilla spaceplanes.

My first spaceplane is a SABRE powered thing with a fancy looking wing setup that I didn't think would work but was remarkably successful.  It didn't get to orbit, but it got to 1.5 km a second and 30000m altitude so it wasn't a complete failure.

That is until I was coming down in the ocean and decided to pop the abort system to save as much of the plane as possible.  The chutes shredded the plane, ripping one wing completely off and ripping an engine off the other side.  The "First try's the charm" spun in hard, no survivors.  I would have been better off landing normally on the water.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 12:38:52 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11703 on: April 27, 2014, 01:14:22 pm »

Because of itsnotlogical, I decided I'd sit down at my PS2 and play Metal Gear Solid 2 on Extreme difficulty, rather than the usual Hard.

I have but one thing to say so far. Olga Gurlukovich... You are a douche.

Can you not shoot out the tarp and spotlight on extreme difficulty, or was I just missing them?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11704 on: April 27, 2014, 01:15:27 pm »

You can't break it on Extreme. *laughs maniacally*
Same for the tarp.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11705 on: April 27, 2014, 01:39:29 pm »

Hoo, boy. You can't shoot the light? That's really not fair. Now that I know to actually use the cover given to me, I bet I can beat her, though.

And I will not cheese Vamp. I refuse. I recently figured out a way to easily dodge his knives, so I'll stick with my usual strategy of sticking claymores and C4 on the floor when the time comes.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11706 on: April 27, 2014, 01:45:22 pm »

Quite a few... perhaps the most notable was while dodging around a turtle knight. He clipped me with his horizontal swing and launched me into the air. Which is a problem when you were trying to fight on a narrow bridge over a massive lava pit.

Also, roughly 20 deaths against the Pursuer rematch, since I apparently can't predict whether his three-hit combo will actually perform all 3 hits, or whether he'll stop partway through and charge me during a heal.  :'(

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11707 on: April 27, 2014, 01:54:57 pm »

Hoo, boy. You can't shoot the light? That's really not fair. Now that I know to actually use the cover given to me, I bet I can beat her, though.

And I will not cheese Vamp. I refuse. I recently figured out a way to easily dodge his knives, so I'll stick with my usual strategy of sticking claymores and C4 on the floor when the time comes.
You'll find a lot of unfair things in extreme. Once she uses the light, you need 1-3 body shots max to win. You'll get really excited once you're there, but do not let that fuck you up.

Ducking? I don't mind cheesing him because of how much I've legit beat him. It's still hard on the HD version (the one I have) because you have to fucking punch him out and the timing is a bitch. He won't let you use deployables. He's far too fast. You just have to avoid him when he's on your level.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11708 on: April 27, 2014, 02:04:25 pm »

I meant that I use the C4s BEFORE he starts chasing you. :P

Usually while he's underwater, or claymores when I'm shadow trapped.
Ducking?
...When you put it that way, you make me feel stupid for not having done it before.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11709 on: April 27, 2014, 02:09:15 pm »

I meant that I use the C4s BEFORE he starts chasing you. :P

Usually while he's underwater, or claymores when I'm shadow trapped.
Ducking?
...When you put it that way, you make me feel stupid for not having done it before.
Haha that's what I'm saying. He doesn't give you a lot of time before he comes up and starts throwing. And personally I can't be comfortable shooting at him unless I'm at the bottom of the level.

Don't worry about that. I'd beaten the game dozens of times before figuring it out. I felt stupid too. >.>

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11710 on: April 28, 2014, 01:38:18 am »

Got munched on by a big, blubbery thing with a head and set of teeth that reminds me of a mole. Damn, these things are faster than they look.
At least they don't respawn though, managed to kill one. Then got eaten by the other. Over and over again.

Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11711 on: April 28, 2014, 09:22:53 am »

Climb up the ladder, get slaughtered by three hollows.  Climb up the ladder, get slaughtered by three hollows.  Climb up the ladder, get slaughtered by three hollows.  Insanity: committing the same action and expecting a different outcome.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11712 on: April 28, 2014, 08:51:08 pm »

Spent too long dealing with an idiot pirate ship near a red giant. My ship caught on fire by the time we warped away. The medbay and oxygen caught on fire and my crews died in the inferno slash suffocation.

EDIT:

Second run, my pilot gets instantly killed by a missile in Sector 4. A while later, we managed to limp along, until at the end of the sector the Weapon Engineer/Makeshift Pilot gets carried off by six-legged alien horses. I managed to limp along with only the Engineer through Sector 5, only to get my ship destroyed by a rebel ship at the start of Sector 6.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 09:55:28 pm by Objective »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11713 on: April 28, 2014, 10:18:58 pm »

Tried to take over a Pirate outpost. Got jumped by a tiger, desperately tried firing my AK47 into it. Killed the tiger, but the occupants of the nearby Pirate base perforated me.

Moved to take out the same outpost, this time finding a different sniping position. Scared the tiger off, but this time had cassowaries try and peck me to death. I panicked, and ran past the tiger towards the outpost. Got mauled by the tiger, and was finished off by the Pirates again.

Third try; found a completely different vantage point, a perfect spot in tall plants. Tagged every Pirate and every animal in the outpost with my camera, and switched to my silenced sniper rifle. I managed to get a Pirate sniper lined up, but then heard a hissing noise. I ignored it, until my view shifted to show a komodo dragon trying to pull a Black Knight and bite my legs off. I panicked and immediately switched to my AK47. You can probably guess what happened next.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11714 on: April 28, 2014, 10:27:48 pm »

I decided after defeating Blood Raven and collecting my companion to raid the mausoleum. As it turns out, the mausoleum is a high level area. Now my body is behind a pack of demons who could one hit me while I had all my gear. All of my rage at my lost gear. This may actually make me rage quit playing the game for a while.

Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?
Pages: 1 ... 779 780 [781] 782 783 ... 1575