Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 776 777 [778] 779 780 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372517 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11655 on: April 22, 2014, 12:10:52 am »

Somehow forgot the way to kill Ganondorf, which hasn't changed all that much since the first Zelda. I got whittled down to 0 hearts over about 15 minutes of lightning-ball tennis.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11656 on: April 22, 2014, 12:23:01 am »

Numerous times, mostly to turrets appearing unexpectedly or surviving shots that should have disabled them.

Receiver.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11657 on: April 22, 2014, 06:03:03 am »

Somehow forgot the way to kill Ganondorf, which hasn't changed all that much since the first Zelda. I got whittled down to 0 hearts over about 15 minutes of lightning-ball tennis.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11658 on: April 22, 2014, 02:20:48 pm »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11659 on: April 22, 2014, 06:56:58 pm »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11660 on: April 22, 2014, 06:59:51 pm »

Fucking hell, I'm getting pretty damn tired of those hoverbots. When I die to the turrets, at least it feels like my fault, but fucking hell. This game is really showing that it was made in 7 days.

Receiver.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11661 on: April 22, 2014, 07:40:53 pm »

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11662 on: April 22, 2014, 09:19:49 pm »

I'm starting to think I'm going to have to grind six levels of Faith so I can use Astora's Straight Sword with any level of damage. I mean, I beat the Four Kings and Bed of Chaos, but I still can't beat Nito. I know the strategy is supposed to be 'hang out in the opening area, let him come to you' but this dillhole just hangs back and spams his red stalagmite spell over and over while his skeletons rez over and over.

Are there any closer bonfires to this guy other than the one around the halfway point of Tomb of Giants? 'Cause I'm getting really tired of fighting my way back to him. :X

Dark Souls.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11663 on: April 22, 2014, 09:23:30 pm »

Nope :(

But have you tried pyromancy? Great Chaos Fireball and Great Fireball can really knock chunks off his health at the start.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11664 on: April 22, 2014, 09:27:03 pm »

My pyromancy is only +11 and I'm going to have to choose between going down to Blighttown to upgrade it since I stupidly told Laurentius 'yes' when he asked or saving the souls to get some Faith. I dunno. Just annoyed 'cause I'm so damn close, y'know? >.< You'd think having both the Crystal attack spells would be enough, but he doesn't ever get close enough for me to use them and the one time I broke strategy and charged him I got wiped out by the sheer amount of minions he has.

EDIT: Doing some research into it and...

Quote from: Dark Souls Wiki
Do not under any circumstances enter this battle with Cast Light active or he will repeatedly use his sword dance ability ad nauseum until the spell wears out (Or you die)

...Oh. Yeah. Maybe next time I'll just hang out past his fog door until that ends. :X
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 09:31:30 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11665 on: April 22, 2014, 10:33:35 pm »

I assume you know about it, but the Daughter of Chaos bonfire is a lot closer to the Pyro trainer. You only need to handle 3 rock throwing guys and a handful of mosquitos. The bonfire is behind an illusory wall... but getting past it and just joining the covenant gives a nice Pyro spell along with warp access to both late-game Pyro trainers.

Also, now dreading Nito. Reached his fog door, realized I had 60k souls and a Humanity, and opted to 'nope' out of there and clear the Firesage/Centipede instead. Promptly died to those big beasts in the lava afterwards, though, so I might go back and handle the friendly necromancer instead.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11666 on: April 22, 2014, 11:25:10 pm »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11667 on: April 23, 2014, 12:02:54 am »

Masochist run of MGS2: Extreme difficulty, all tags, game over if discovered, no killing (except one guy on the tanker but that was an accident). Pick a room, any room; I have likely game over'd on it many times already.

Metal Gear Solid 2.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11668 on: April 23, 2014, 12:09:46 am »

I assume you know about it, but the Daughter of Chaos bonfire is a lot closer to the Pyro trainer. You only need to handle 3 rock throwing guys and a handful of mosquitos. The bonfire is behind an illusory wall... but getting past it and just joining the covenant gives a nice Pyro spell along with warp access to both late-game Pyro trainers.

Yeah for some reason I forgot that like a dolt and I actually went through the New Londo/Valley of Drakes shortcut to get to the Blighttown Swamp trainer. :X Boy do I feel like an idiot in retrospect.

As for Nito, yeah, that spell being active was my entire problem. I went in there without the Cast Light spell active and when he came close I launched 4 Crystal Spears, 1 Crystal Homing Mass, and 1 Soul Spear to end the fight. Didn't even use but a few Estus getting to him. :P Maybe it's just my playstyle/build but once he closed distance he really wasn't hard at all. I recommend you try him; he's a pain to get to but I'm sure you can do it.

As for me, on to the end of the game. Here's hoping I did things 'right' to save the life of a certain NPC... although I took the shortcut into Lost Izalith so I might've skipped a necessary encounter, I dunno yet...

And finally, on-topic. When I was making my way back down to Nito I tried to run past that one area where there's a few of the quadrupedal skeleton and I quickly found out why it's a good idea to stop and kill them all, even if it wastes spell charges. :X

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11669 on: April 23, 2014, 12:15:19 am »

Masochist run of MGS2: Extreme difficulty, all tags, game over if discovered, no killing (except one guy on the tanker but that was an accident). Pick a room, any room; I have likely game over'd on it many times already.

Metal Gear Solid 2.
Not European Extreme? That one has no rations. How far are you?
Pages: 1 ... 776 777 [778] 779 780 ... 1575