Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 774 775 [776] 777 778 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371366 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11625 on: April 20, 2014, 09:10:59 pm »

...Wait, Seath is optional? Frampt insinuated he had a Lord Soul I needed. :X What do you get for killing him then? I know you can get the Moonlight Greatsword for cutting off his tail(s?) at least.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11626 on: April 20, 2014, 09:14:00 pm »

...Wait, Seath is optional? Frampt insinuated he had a Lord Soul I needed. :X What do you get for killing him then? I know you can get the Moonlight Greatsword for cutting off his tail(s?) at least.

Only the first fight is optional. Though that may not be intentional. You have to jump off the elevator that leads to his chamber and hope you land on a balcony.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11627 on: April 20, 2014, 09:16:33 pm »

EDIT: ^^This.

Oh, wups. Ignore that. Sorry. :p There's a first fight that's optional I think and I think that confused me.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11628 on: April 20, 2014, 09:18:40 pm »

Oh, yeah. I knew you can't win his first fight and that you should go in with a Ring of Sacrifice, which I did. I've just lost to his second fight a few times; first time by curse, after that by HP loss since I've been wearing the Painting Guardian stuff to stave off the Curse effect.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11629 on: April 20, 2014, 09:22:10 pm »

Yeah fighting him sucks. I loathe the Duke's Archives. Second most hated area next to the Tomb of the Giants. Have you been there yet?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11630 on: April 20, 2014, 09:25:00 pm »

I beat Pinwheel and went in there before I ever went to Sen's Fortress. 'Oh, hey, it's all dark in here. Hmm. Skeleton off in the distance, I can see it's eyes.' *takes three steps forward, giant skeleton suddenly jump-attacks into view and takes off a ton of HP, SerCon nopes out of there until he can get a light spell* :P I do have a light spell now, I just don't feel like walking all the way back down there - at least, not before I finish off the Archives anyway.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11631 on: April 20, 2014, 10:10:04 pm »

I hope you hate it as much as I do. :p

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11632 on: April 20, 2014, 10:16:14 pm »

I probably will, but not as much as the Crystal Cave. I have a thing about heights and the invisible walkways are blargh. :X

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11633 on: April 20, 2014, 10:29:51 pm »

Use lots of prism stones and walk very slowly. There's no enemies really so it's pretty easy, unless you want the items that are around. Then you'll die a lot trying to get them. :p

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11634 on: April 20, 2014, 10:38:26 pm »

Nah, I made it through all the way to Seath, so I know where they are. I just don't like walking on thin air over long drops. >.< It does NOT help my acrophobia.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11635 on: April 20, 2014, 10:39:27 pm »

I bet we have a Dark Souls thread that all this off-topic discussion could be brought to :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11636 on: April 20, 2014, 10:44:17 pm »

I didn't find Seath that hard. I stood far enough away that he kept using the medium-range breath attack, and I could then close range and chop him up. Full curse resist gear and decent magic resist means you laugh at anything besides physical attacks, to the point of standing in the crystal fields smacking him.

On-topic, the Tomb of Giants, on the other hand, has killed me a half-dozen times so far, and I only just found the first bonfire (it's annoyingly well-hidden, I went past it and died twice). At least now I don't have to deal with those goddamn Skeleton Wheels and their OHKO stunlock BS any longer! (And I realized you can see straight through the cavern to the Demon Ruins, which is pretty darn cool!)

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #11637 on: April 20, 2014, 10:46:29 pm »

Zeus. refresher. ult stick.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11638 on: April 20, 2014, 10:48:45 pm »

I bet we have a Dark Souls thread that all this off-topic discussion could be brought to :P
I kno-o-o-o-wwww.. :c *shameface*

Sir Scarf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11639 on: April 21, 2014, 01:09:38 am »

So, I was doing really well, had a wand of polymorph and was happily polypiling up some kickass gear to offer/sell/sit on, and I'm piling up some crazy stuff, including more wands, dwarven gas grenades, poison, sulphuric acid, cans of bananas, and I decide to pray to grind relations with the gods.

Unfortunately I mixed up Dulcis and Silva, while standing on my stash of explosives...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
DF is the art of squeezing fun from a rock: You don't get it from the rock. The fun is in the challenge. Ultimately, the fun comes from yourself.

And Magma.
Pages: 1 ... 774 775 [776] 777 778 ... 1575