Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 773 774 [775] 776 777 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371376 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11610 on: April 20, 2014, 10:51:25 am »

Hmm. That's odd, because the knight does respawn in my game. I've been farming him and the sorcerer for 5k a bonfire. Then again I haven't taken it online so maybe my game is just unpatched and that's something that was changed later on. That could be the case, since I read somewhere that Frampt is supposed to give you like 500 for Lost Undead souls and he only gives 100 for them.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11611 on: April 20, 2014, 11:09:24 am »

So apparently poking around in a rebel shipyard was a bad idea.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11612 on: April 20, 2014, 11:13:57 am »

Hmm. That's odd, because the knight does respawn in my game. I've been farming him and the sorcerer for 5k a bonfire. Then again I haven't taken it online so maybe my game is just unpatched and that's something that was changed later on. That could be the case, since I read somewhere that Frampt is supposed to give you like 500 for Lost Undead souls and he only gives 100 for them.
Are you sure?? I'm super positive the knight in armor nearest the stairs doesn't come back.

There's a knight, a sorcerer, a hunter dude with a mace I think, a priest, an invisible ninja, an archer, and another knight. The knights and archers don't respawn. As I remember anyway.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11613 on: April 20, 2014, 11:19:35 am »

I'm 100% certain. I know if I kill the knight, the sorcerer, the thief, and the cleric nearest the stairs I get 9k souls, with the knight being worth 3k of it, and grinding that area is how I got my Vitality levels and Golem armor before going back to fight O&S. The only other NPC I know of in the area is a Bandit and he's only worth 1k so I don't bother going after him; not worth the effort.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11614 on: April 20, 2014, 11:22:17 am »

What's the knight got equipped?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11615 on: April 20, 2014, 11:30:37 am »

I can't go check right now - PS3 is in my brother's room and he's asleep since he works night shift - but I'm pretty sure he's wearing the standard knight stuff and has a two-handed sword.

EDIT: If it helps, he's transparent and you can't lock on to him, I remember that much.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 11:38:21 am by SeriousConcentrate »

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #11616 on: April 20, 2014, 11:35:46 am »

Attempted to go to the moon. Accidentally sped up time too much. Jebediah is now lost in space, which is close enough to being dead.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11617 on: April 20, 2014, 11:44:52 am »

I can't go check right now - PS3 is in my brother's room and he's asleep since he works night shift - but I'm pretty sure he's wearing the standard knight stuff and has a two-handed sword.

EDIT: If it helps, he's transparent and you can't lock on to him, I remember that much.
Right. There are two knights with regular knight armor, crest shields, fog rings, and claymores. They should NOT respawn. If you kill him, and you die and go back, he should be gone forever.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11618 on: April 20, 2014, 11:49:56 am »

I'm going to guess that's a patch thing, because I know I've kicked him off a cliff several times and he respawns. @_@

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11619 on: April 20, 2014, 02:48:43 pm »

So apparently poking around in a rebel shipyard was a bad idea.

But if you had won... the rewards are crazy.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11620 on: April 20, 2014, 05:51:15 pm »

The Easter Bunny said he would have my head, and he did. Note to self: don't mock purple demon bunnies.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11621 on: April 20, 2014, 07:17:05 pm »

I'm going to guess that's a patch thing, because I know I've kicked him off a cliff several times and he respawns. @_@
Yeah I've confirmed that to be true. Here's the wiki page, which for some reason has no notes on that: http://darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Forest_Hunter_Knight

With patches they don't respawn, and you can also lock on to them. Prolly one of the reasons why you have such a hard time with them. :p

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11622 on: April 20, 2014, 09:00:34 pm »

Speaking of Dark Souls, Seath is a bastard. >.< I'll get him. Eventually. Like always. :P

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11623 on: April 20, 2014, 09:05:08 pm »

Okay, I have a serious hatred of whomever made the Horizons pack for Feed the Beast, and kept the Fanmade Endermen. My god, they are annoying. All you can hear are these whispers and then they attack and immediately teleport away. Plus, they have the patience of a god, they don't burn in sunlight, and they don't seem to take damage from water. Oh, and they have twice as much health as a normal enderman. So, they're pretty much normal endermen, but on steroids, and none of the drawbacks. Bastards.

Minecraft, Horizons FTB modpack.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11624 on: April 20, 2014, 09:09:16 pm »

Speaking of Dark Souls, Seath is a bastard. >.< I'll get him. Eventually. Like always. :P
He's the toughest boss for me, even though he's optional. Second is Nito when you don't have a divine weapon to clean up his skeles. :p

I should make a forum game about skeles. I like em.
Pages: 1 ... 773 774 [775] 776 777 ... 1575