Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775 776 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371265 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11595 on: April 19, 2014, 12:20:41 am »

How the hell...?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11596 on: April 19, 2014, 12:21:59 am »

You gotta be quick.

It won't note edits within a short period after posting.

E: My latest death was from attempting to play Warframe on my laptop. So much lag. I don't even get decent FPS at the title menu.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 12:25:07 am by BlackFlyme »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11597 on: April 19, 2014, 12:22:42 am »

Well, I messed up.

Even though my sniper got lucky by taking out the enemy sniper in the first round, everything went downhill from there, from my sniper being flanked, and my machine gunner getting taken out by my own grenade by me being careless.

The round ended in a draw, with an enemy bullet literally an inch from my grenade launcher's face.
I should have lost that round, but it ended just a fraction of a second too early.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11598 on: April 19, 2014, 12:35:25 am »

Fighting on the bridge north of allessia tower with my guild all of us guested onto some random low population campaign because we were having issues gitting into the more populated one.  Our side is dominating the map overall but there are a few aldmeri guys on this bridge who were apperantly on their way north just as we were going south.

We outnumber them but they have siege equipment, and as this was one of our guilds first forays into pvp we did not, nor did we have any of the proper soul gems to revive any losses.  Not wanting to charge straight into a ballista I suggest we jump off the bridge into the river below to either bypass the enemy or catch them by surprise, sounds like a great plan.

We all do it.  Then we find the river is infested with extremely lethal slaughterfish.  The bridge is a chokepoint for a reason.  A small guild of 12 players essentially just committed ritual suicide at my suggestion.  Go me.

Elder Scrolls Online.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11599 on: April 19, 2014, 12:43:41 am »

You didn't have much health left then.

Screw fire resistance or defense or anything. Get naked except for mask of the father, cloranthy ring, grass shield and wep of choice, then pop a stamina item and run to before the stairs. Wait til he shoots his lava beam, then sprint up to the cut in the rock wall and sprint all the way to where the loot that triggered him was. Wait for him to catch up. If you're still alive you've pretty much got this. Now run back to the fog gate and hug it. Wait for him to fall and grab the ledge. Slash arm until death. Easy win.

If you want to beat him fair and square, then fire or defense won't help you. You just gotta get gud and memorize the shit out of his techs.

Yeah, that's what I ended up doing after realizing that, with full fire resist and a Dragon Crest shield, the only difference between blocking and not blocking was whether I lost all my stamina when the hit got through.

(And no, I was at full health the first time. Game mistakenly thought I'd fallen over the ledge and insta-killed me. The rest of my deaths before I wised up were non-glitch-related, though!)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11600 on: April 19, 2014, 12:44:31 am »

I have over 400 hours and never have I got one.

Yikes. To think I almost abandoned the build for a different one when I was having trouble with the Capra Demon... I might never have seen another one of these spears. O.o
Maybe. It's not like I've ever tried farming for one. There aren't many of those dudes in the game and the only ones that respawn are in the Duke's Archives I think. For you to get it from the one in the Undead Parish, on your first playthrough, is still pretty nuts though.

It's like the time my friend got BK armor from the Baranike in the Undead Parish. And he'd never played the game before. I lolraged so hard and we were laughing like crazy at how he got such stupidly powerful armor so early.

I got a Channeller's Trident from the channeler in the Depths, who would otherwise fling soul arrows during the gaping dragon fight. First time, first drop.

Keuran

• Bay Watcher
  • not made of spiders
    • View Profile
« Reply #11601 on: April 19, 2014, 05:05:27 am »

Pyro is really that good? I've fallen out of using it because what few pyromancies I have don't seem to do anywhere near as much damage as Great Heavy Soul Arrow and Soul Spear.
Pyromancy is nuts to such an extent that at soul level 1, you can kill Aftershavelord Nito by hugging him and then unloading fireballs without even dodging or blocking.
E: 9 times out of 10 you do actually have to dodge one of the attacks, but hypothetically it totally works.
It's like the time my friend got BK armor from the Baranike in the Undead Parish. And he'd never played the game before. I lolraged so hard and we were laughing like crazy at how he got such stupidly powerful armor so early.
I hope you can appreciate my mixed feelings at finding every single black knight weapon and shield plus a channeler's trident and a titanite catch pole in a run where all my stats are too low to use any of them.

For the sake of relevance to the topic, a tall stone man hit me with a hammer for all my health while I was dancing with some gardeners today. Because Dark Souls.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 05:13:35 am by Keuran »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11602 on: April 19, 2014, 03:45:12 pm »

Choked to death while trying to run away from aliens mobbing me

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11603 on: April 19, 2014, 05:58:02 pm »

So, I tried to charge up a Skyward Strike with lightning in the final battle. I accidentally stuck out my shield again, putting it down the moment Demise ran at me and ripped my last two hearts out of my chest.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11604 on: April 19, 2014, 09:34:04 pm »

Got overwhelmed with boarders in a Zoltan-controlled sector.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11605 on: April 20, 2014, 02:39:37 am »

I hope you can appreciate my mixed feelings at finding every single black knight weapon and shield plus a channeler's trident and a titanite catch pole in a run where all my stats are too low to use any of them.
Trident and BK sword yes, BK armor/shield and the catch pole aren't so special.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11606 on: April 20, 2014, 10:09:56 am »

I came back to Anor Londo and I fucking went beastmode on Ornstein and Smough. It probably helped that I traded in my pyromancer gear for the golem chest/legs/hands and the fang boar helmet (worse than the golem helm, yeah, but I wanted an animal head of my own since Ornstein has one :P) and sunk like five levels into Vitality. I might go back to the pyromancer gear, though, now that the heavy armor served its purpose of getting me past those two. It's just so slow. That's the good news. Bad news is I got killed repeatedly while grinding for more levels in the Darkroot Garden - y'know, the area past the door where you use Artorias's Seal.

Dark Souls
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11607 on: April 20, 2014, 10:36:07 am »

Only some of those guys respawn btw. After a bit you'll learn to pull them so you only have to fight one at a time. If you get two at once you're prolly screwed unless you know what you're doing.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11608 on: April 20, 2014, 10:38:39 am »

Yeah, it's just that sorcerer is kind of a bastard and it's pretty hard to get the knight without getting him too. >.< Most of the time he times a soul arrow just right so it hits me in the back and leaves me open for a combo from the knight.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11609 on: April 20, 2014, 10:46:06 am »

Yeah that sorcerer is despised. :p

The knight doesn't respawn. If you waste him then even if you get murderized by a soul arrow as he's falling you never have to deal with him again.

If he two hands his sword, get the fuck away from him. Just wait til he gets his shield out and bait him into jump attacks by standing still with your shield down. Then you can get some backstabs in. Backstabbing is how to beat him because of how high his poise and HP is and if you just wail on him he'll tank it and smack you with his sword, plus BS invincibility frames will save you getting hit by a spell. If you have spells use those too even if he's guarding. If you fight him near the stairs you can use those as cover and also to pull the knight up to and then fall off of. He'll follow and usually it'll leave him open for a sec.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 10:49:28 am by GUNINANRUNIN »
Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775 776 ... 1575