Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 771 772 [773] 774 775 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371390 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11580 on: April 18, 2014, 06:35:20 pm »

Yeah, it is. Kinda funny to think I probably would have went a Faith or Strength build if I hadn't picked it up. I'm a little jealous though. The armor those knights wear is pretty cool looking and would make me rethink my 'only armor so light it doesn't even have poise' stance. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11581 on: April 18, 2014, 06:45:44 pm »

Yeah, it is. Kinda funny to think I probably would have went a Faith or Strength build if I hadn't picked it up. I'm a little jealous though. The armor those knights wear is pretty cool looking and would make me rethink my 'only armor so light it doesn't even have poise' stance. :P
Stranth build is cool because you get to be big stronk smashy dood.

Faith build is awful. Never do it. No use at all.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11582 on: April 18, 2014, 06:48:35 pm »

In hell, being attacked by demons. At first there was a few,then diablo himself came. I was given an option to give him my soul or be killed (big boss fight basically) and decided to join him.

Was teleported back to windhelm and got killed cause they hate evil demon vampires. :( my power was too little as I had just transformed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11583 on: April 18, 2014, 07:31:27 pm »

@Gun: Really? I kinda wanted to be a Sun Bro and throw lightning at people. Sucks to hear it's not all that. :-\
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11584 on: April 18, 2014, 08:40:19 pm »

It's cool, but magic is better and catalysts that scale well are easier to find. The amount of effort it takes to get the good lightning is outrageous in comparison as well. Trust me my first build was strength-faith. Useless. Had way more fun on replays as literally anything else.

I like strength but I feel like a babby nub when I do, unless I forgo big armor.

I like pyro but I feel OP because its so goooood.

DEX I like but I can't parry so again I feel like a nub.

Magic I like best because it has weaknesses and challenges me most, but I can't stand pure builds. I like hitting stuff. :3

All the nub feels are usually dispelled when I remind myself that I did an SL1 run and nailed it. c:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 08:46:57 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11585 on: April 18, 2014, 09:05:29 pm »

This mission. I breeze through the first part, having killed all the bloodsuckers in Krug Antenna Complex before starting the mission, and figuring out they don't respawn after several minutes of "Nothing is Scarier". Then I go get a canister of poison gas, which is on a bridge within sight of some Mercenaries with seriously good aim, and an endless supply of bullets. Okay, after trying to fight them once and failing, I sneak in, and run like hell when I get the gas. Then I need to go hook up the canister to the ventilation at Krug. No problem. Hook up the can, turn valve, wait for gas to take effect. And what do I hear? A bloodsucker scream. The kind that says "Oh hey, a tasty looking human. Imma go suck his blood." And two of them rush me. Now, I've killed bloodsuckers before, but that was when I had both the element of surprise, and enclosed spaces with grenades. This is open space, they both see me, and I've got a Saiga and the same armor I started the game in, minus about 80% durability. Die, reload. Rinse, repeat. God, I hate this game sometimes. But dammit, it's so goddamn satisfying when you stand before the Swiss-cheesed remains of two bloodsuckers. Then I die to flesh on the way back to Sakadovsk, because that took all of my healing items. Such is the Zone. At least I got enough cash to upgrade my gear after that.

STALKER: Call of Pripyat, MISERY 2.1 mod. Got a serious love/hate relationship with this mod.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11586 on: April 18, 2014, 10:32:56 pm »

I was making scrap hand over fist. I had a Lanius A-layout cruiser, with a Charge Laser (capped at 7 seconds/3 shots), a Small Bomb launcher, an Ion Stunner, and an Ion Blast I. My pilot was a Human named Nekose, my gunner a Lanius named Bovee. My engineer was a forgettable fellow, but human. My shield operator was likewise forgotten, but was a Zoltan. I had three Mantis, Beth, Smith, and Lombard, and a Rockman, named Mariel.

Possible spoilers?

The Rock and the three Mantis I used to board enemy vessels while I assaulted their shields and used the Small Bomb to strategically take out specific things (like medbays). This was working FANTASTIC, even against the first two stages of the final boss. I killed it's entire crew in the first battle, and that made it a lot easier, although it kept fighting. The final stage killed me with it's Teleporter superweapon, and it's bullshit recharging super shield. I died fighting, and I had three crewmen on board the Flagship. In the state it was in, it honestly would not be a serious threat to the Federation fleet, with only two guns, both of which have two boarders smashing the control panels and such. But meh.

FTL:AE
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11587 on: April 19, 2014, 12:00:21 am »

Not 5 minutes after my last 'ownage' post...

Entered Ceaseless Discharge's fog wall. He's already pissed at me, and I don't like fighting him near the entrance. As I'm running towards the high ground, he performs his arm smash... and the arm ends up under the stairs I'm standing on.

Then he pulls his arm back up, somehow knocking me up into the air and over the edge. Another tentacle pushes me back onto solid ground, but apparently that wasn't enough - the 6-inch drop back to normal terrain counted as a 'fatal fall'.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11588 on: April 19, 2014, 12:04:06 am »

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Killed my two rock boarders because I accidentally left the flak gun on auto-fire. Was so fucking close to unlocking the Rock Cruiser B too.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11589 on: April 19, 2014, 12:04:50 am »

Not 5 minutes after my last 'ownage' post...

Entered Ceaseless Discharge's fog wall. He's already pissed at me, and I don't like fighting him near the entrance. As I'm running towards the high ground, he performs his arm smash... and the arm ends up under the stairs I'm standing on.

Then he pulls his arm back up, somehow knocking me up into the air and over the edge. Another tentacle pushes me back onto solid ground, but apparently that wasn't enough - the 6-inch drop back to normal terrain counted as a 'fatal fall'.

If your Ceaseless Discharge lasts longer than a day, you should go see your local Cleric.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11590 on: April 19, 2014, 12:10:01 am »

You didn't have much health left then.

Screw fire resistance or defense or anything. Get naked except for mask of the father, cloranthy ring, grass shield and wep of choice, then pop a stamina item and run to before the stairs. Wait til he shoots his lava beam, then sprint up to the cut in the rock wall and sprint all the way to where the loot that triggered him was. Wait for him to catch up. If you're still alive you've pretty much got this. Now run back to the fog gate and hug it. Wait for him to fall and grab the ledge. Slash arm until death. Easy win.

If you want to beat him fair and square, then fire or defense won't help you. You just gotta get gud and memorize the shit out of his techs.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11591 on: April 19, 2014, 12:12:55 am »

I like pyro but I feel OP because its so goooood.

All the nub feels are usually dispelled when I remind myself that I did an SL1 run and nailed it. c:

Pyro is really that good? I've fallen out of using it because what few pyromancies I have don't seem to do anywhere near as much damage as Great Heavy Soul Arrow and Soul Spear.

Also gratz on a SL1 run. No idea how you managed it. ^^^

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #11592 on: April 19, 2014, 12:13:39 am »

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Killed my two rock boarders because I accidentally left the flak gun on auto-fire. Was so fucking close to unlocking the Rock Cruiser B too.

This is why cloning bays are useful. You can just throw rocks at the ship until everyone is dead. Then clone the rocks. Then throw more rocks. Possibly throw some bugs in for good measure.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11593 on: April 19, 2014, 12:15:29 am »

This is why cloning bays are useful. You can just throw rocks at the ship until everyone is dead. Then clone the rocks. Then throw more rocks. Possibly throw some bugs in for good measure.
Never came across any clone bays. Doesn't matter anyway, lost the game when I spent so much attention on trying to kill enemy crew that I forgot that the life support had been destroyed and the entire ship was airless. No way in hell anyone would survive long enough to fix it.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 12:20:29 am by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11594 on: April 19, 2014, 12:19:51 am »

Looks like you accidentally your quote.
Pages: 1 ... 771 772 [773] 774 775 ... 1575