Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 770 771 [772] 773 774 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371255 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11565 on: April 18, 2014, 12:43:01 am »

No I'm afraid nothing nearly as dwarven, I tried to run away and got turned into a smear.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11566 on: April 18, 2014, 12:48:35 am »

After becoming a Spectre, decided to do some exploration in nearby clusters. Found a world with a pirate base that I'm 98% sure I was not supposed to find yet. The pirates inside (one of whom was named) were far more powerful than my squad, capable of healing themselves and being nigh-invulnerable while doing so, and wielding weapons that could take Kaiden down in two hits. We died many times before finally prevailing, finding Wrex's ancestor armor long before he ever mentioned it along with plenty of high-powered weapons and mods.

Mass Effect. I'm playing through it for the fourth(?) time because I lost my old save files, and I'm still discovering new things.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11567 on: April 18, 2014, 12:04:06 pm »

I figured how I ALMOST died recently should work for this thread.

Spoiler: plot (click to show/hide)

Long story short;
Spoiler: image (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 12:13:57 pm by QuakeIV »
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11568 on: April 18, 2014, 12:45:07 pm »

I played Metal Slug 5. That's all you need to know. Seriously, though, the game should be renamed "Danmaku: The Sidescroller".
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11569 on: April 18, 2014, 12:59:05 pm »

Malboro got my party with its signature Bad Breath. Lulu and Auron are Berserked, Tidus Confused, and everyone Poisoned. And Poison damage is significant in this game.

The last save point was half an hour ago.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11570 on: April 18, 2014, 01:13:45 pm »

My previous game-freeze loss to O&S is the best run I ever had against them. >.< I mean, thanks to Solaire, I can usually get past the first part of the fight fairly easily, but I can't hang with the Super version of either of them... and I ran out of humanity... so I'm going back for now. I've already gotten Big Hat Logan's spells and I'm gonna grind humanity down in the depths until I have however much is going to be enough. :X

Dark Souls. I'm gonna beat O&S. Someday. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11571 on: April 18, 2014, 01:42:31 pm »

I actually just beat biggy and smalls myself, this morning, after four or five tries.
If you kill skinny first, tubby doesn't really get much harder in super mode.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11572 on: April 18, 2014, 01:50:20 pm »

Yeah, I'm probably going to try to beat him last when I return to battling them. My current goals are raising my INT to 50 to get maximum spellpower and probably trying to get my pyromancy flame strengthened, as well as gathering up as much humanity as I possibly can for reasons that involve me playing this game only 95% blind. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11573 on: April 18, 2014, 01:55:30 pm »

Ah, you're a wizard, Harry!
I believe in you!
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11574 on: April 18, 2014, 01:59:50 pm »

When I started I picked pyromancer for a little extra boost (since pyromancy doesn't rely on stats to do damage, I figured I could make any build I wanted and still have a good attack option while I figured it out) and then I got a Channeler's Trident off the first Channeler I killed and I was like 'welp, that's what I'm going to be using as soon as I get the stats for it'. XD Apparently it's one of the more rare weapons in the game, too, so I guess I'm pretty lucky that my wizard build got decided early for me.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11575 on: April 18, 2014, 03:13:30 pm »

I have over 400 hours and never have I got one.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11576 on: April 18, 2014, 03:41:28 pm »

So, after many tries, I finally found out what was killing me at the Iron Forest. A Controller has apparently set up shop there. A fucking Controller. I'm a USS Sniper, which means I am good at extremely long range. So are Controllers, but they only need line of sight to murderize you, plus they melt your brain with one shot, no matter how much weed you smoke. Now, I'm also damn good with shotguns, but Controllers have a Psi-field around them which, again, melts your brain regardless of weed smoked. Oh, and he has a ton of mutated humans under his control, that he sends first. This one mutant is a hard counter to me right now. I can't even touch the thing, because he can get off an attack before I can, and his buddies can keep me pinned until he gets LoS. Welp, time to go die elsewhere. So, I head off to find a canister of poison gas so I can use it to finish off the Bloodsucker lair the now deceased Grouse and I found. So, I get to the military convoy near the waste processing plant, and turns out, the goddamn Mercs can see me, and have waaay better gear than I do, and as such require headshots to put down without emptying my pitiful stock of ammunition. Oh, and did I mention there's about fifteen of them? Fuck man, all I wanna do is steal some poison gas in a container that, knowing this mod, leaks and poisons you. I cannot wait until I can get Lynx, my beloved SVD. Then I'm gonna snipe every last one of you shits.

STALKER: Call of Pripyat, MISERY 2.1 mod. And I'm STILL in fucking Zaton.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11577 on: April 18, 2014, 04:47:41 pm »

Yikes. To think I almost abandoned the build for a different one when I was having trouble with the Capra Demon... I might never have seen another one of these spears. O.o

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11578 on: April 18, 2014, 05:02:35 pm »

"Oh, a-look-a! A little edge-a! Time to-a jump-a onto it-a and finish the level-a!"

"WheeeeeeeeEEAAAAAAARGFHAWEHLNDS"

Super Mario Brothers: The Lost Levels. Bought it for three bucks off the Nintendo E-Shop for my 3DS. If it weren't for Restore Points, lots of them, I'd have wasted my money.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11579 on: April 18, 2014, 06:27:40 pm »

Yikes. To think I almost abandoned the build for a different one when I was having trouble with the Capra Demon... I might never have seen another one of these spears. O.o
Maybe. It's not like I've ever tried farming for one. There aren't many of those dudes in the game and the only ones that respawn are in the Duke's Archives I think. For you to get it from the one in the Undead Parish, on your first playthrough, is still pretty nuts though.

It's like the time my friend got BK armor from the Baranike in the Undead Parish. And he'd never played the game before. I lolraged so hard and we were laughing like crazy at how he got such stupidly powerful armor so early.
Pages: 1 ... 770 771 [772] 773 774 ... 1575