Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 769 770 [771] 772 773 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371458 times)

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11550 on: April 16, 2014, 11:33:45 pm »

Played the hardest difficulty on Brutal Doom. The second level of the first act is damned impossible. Higher speeds for enemies, shitloads more of them, a massive group that can see you the moment you spawn. It's just a little bit too insane for me. I only managed to get about 4 feet into the maze.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11551 on: April 16, 2014, 11:42:58 pm »

He is completely necessary to progress, unless you have high vitality and a flip ring. Basically, run to where the robes were and make sure he pulls that insanely long arm out of his chest. Once he does that, run back to the fog gate as fast as you can. Make sure he has the arm out (you should see a big hole in his chest), or this won't work.
If he's died to him once then the arm is guaranteed to already be out.

It's much harder to pull the above trick if you've already lost to him once.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11552 on: April 16, 2014, 11:50:16 pm »

Playing a resistance mission, i spent 1 hour running from one town to the other while checking out loot spot marked on the map for better gear. Finaly found a vehicule but still having my default gun. Keep searching i finaly found a cache of weapon and start gearing myself, total time in game? bout 1hr30. Get back in the car heading to the next town, just as i exit the town where i just came in... a lone AT enemy forgotten by the team took me out... Not even a chance to fire once with that shiny new stuff.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Keuran

• Bay Watcher
  • not made of spiders
    • View Profile
« Reply #11553 on: April 17, 2014, 12:51:22 am »

Adding to the recent list of Dark Souls deaths, I just found out that Artorias's triple frontflip curbstomp combo ignores the invincibility frames from rolling. At least his other attacks seem easier to dodge than giant Ornstein, even if he's near-immune to almost all my good weapons.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11554 on: April 17, 2014, 12:54:27 am »

@Hugo & Gun: Thanks for the tip. He killed me two more times before I could get to the altar and then lure him back so I could stab his hand. :3

Then I made it to Sen's Fortress and I'm calling it a night on a Mimic trap. :P

Moar Dark Souls. I think I'm making pretty good time all things considered.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11555 on: April 17, 2014, 01:16:49 am »

Showed the Sif limping thing of sadness to my roommate, but died in the process.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11556 on: April 17, 2014, 07:59:11 am »

Took about 35% damage from this one invader's attack in Blighttown. Kicked him off the edge of the bridge. He didn't fall, despite being well and truly in the air. WTF?

He then cast some homing, difficult to dodge dark magic thing from a sorceror's thingy which oneshot me.

Yep, he freakin' levitated.

Dark Souls.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11557 on: April 17, 2014, 08:11:39 am »

Played the hardest difficulty on Brutal Doom. The second level of the first act is damned impossible. Higher speeds for enemies, shitloads more of them, a massive group that can see you the moment you spawn. It's just a little bit too insane for me. I only managed to get about 4 feet into the maze.

The damage I can deal with (most levels) but the speed requires you to have prior knowledge of their placement and spawning.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11558 on: April 17, 2014, 02:29:13 pm »

Finally got to the half-way point of the level. Promptly fell off a walkway and into the lava. I hadn't saved since the very beginning. FFFFFFFFFF

Deep Space Nine: The Fallen
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11559 on: April 17, 2014, 02:45:41 pm »

Finally got to the half-way point of the level. Promptly fell off a walkway and into the lava. I hadn't saved since the very beginning. FFFFFFFFFF

Deep Space Nine: The Fallen
To be fair, with a title like that, it was almost mandatory. ^_^
* Culise runs

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11560 on: April 17, 2014, 02:51:47 pm »

Cataclysm:DDA. After a few lab turrets fired full volleys at me without me taking any damage, I decided to try to charge up and melee one.

Worked about as well as you'd think.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11561 on: April 17, 2014, 10:08:08 pm »

So, it turns out that if you kill Ornstein first, and you have a really pitched battle with Smough to the point you think your pyromancy is a good option, and you use the spell that turns your hand into a flamethrower (which I can't remember the name of right now but you get it in the painted world), then you can make the PS3 freeze as it tries to handle all the fire from you and the lightning from Smough and make you rage quit! :D

Dark Souls. I'll try those two bumpkins again at some point, I'm just not in the mood after coming that close after a couple of tries and then losing the fight through no real fault of my own. >.<
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 10:10:10 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11562 on: April 17, 2014, 10:52:18 pm »

Oh hey punch daggers!  Oh hey combat boots! oh hey house with a garage that would make a perfect home base! Oh hey mostly functional sports car that just needs a little gas! Oh hey a gas station!
Oh hey a Hulk in a gas station when my only real weapon is a punch dagger!

Cataclysm DDA

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11563 on: April 17, 2014, 10:53:22 pm »

I was a medic, healing a soldier while we were advancing across a bridge. The soldier sidesteps an arrow from a sniper and it nails me right in the head for an instant kill.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11564 on: April 17, 2014, 11:03:42 pm »

Oh hey punch daggers!  Oh hey combat boots! oh hey house with a garage that would make a perfect home base! Oh hey mostly functional sports car that just needs a little gas! Oh hey a gas station!
Oh hey a Hulk in a gas station when my only real weapon is a punch dagger!

Cataclysm DDA

You punched the gas pumps, didn't you?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 769 770 [771] 772 773 ... 1575