Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 768 769 [770] 771 772 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371442 times)

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11535 on: April 15, 2014, 10:43:24 pm »

Eaten by a fish for straying to far from shore to find stray precursor orbs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11536 on: April 16, 2014, 01:59:55 am »

A summation of my most recent fort:

Hi wandering tick couple!  We don't have any issues with you guys, so lalalala.  We are just going to collapse our wagon underground to avoid that cloud over there.  lalala.

[tick man goes to investigate]
[tick woman screams in brief agony]
[tick arm, tick head, tick torso, tick man thralls walk to ditch]

~fin

fastest.  fort.  ever.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11537 on: April 16, 2014, 11:21:16 am »

Yesterday was a pretty good day for Dark Souls. I grinded until I got a humanity, then went down and got Witch Beatrice to help me squash the Moonlight Butterfly. I went back up and killed the Capra Demon on my first try. I finally leveled up enough to use that Channeler's Trident I got off the channeler in the Undead Parish and it's wonderful. Lautrec had the fool idea of returning to Firelink Shrine so I kicked him off the cliff so he couldn't murder the firekeeper. I engaged Havel the Rock in combat and I won. I went to the depths and I fucked Kirk up. I headed back to the Undead Asylum and squashed Oscar for his shield. I felt confident that I could beat Stray Demon while I was there.

This was not in fact the case. Turns out his opening attack has enough range and damage that he pretty much always kills me a few seconds after I land in his arena. At least I didn't really have anything on me to lose, even the first time I attempted him. :P

Dark Souls. I think I might go fight Gaping Dragon instead and come back for Stray Demon once I've got some more HP.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11538 on: April 16, 2014, 11:31:34 am »

This time, 6 of my 8 soldiers died before stepping completely off the plane because there was a good 4 cyberdisks just outside. The rest died later.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11539 on: April 16, 2014, 11:35:04 am »

Smoke grenades are your tiny disposable friends.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11540 on: April 16, 2014, 12:56:42 pm »

Took about 90% of my HP trying break Death's scythe. Basking in the idea that I've won.

Then Death begins assembling a new scythe. With two blades. And made from the bones of children. (Okay, I made the last one up, but knowing this guy, it could be true.)

One hit killed me.

That was the one boss who made life hell for me as a kid.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11541 on: April 16, 2014, 01:49:56 pm »

Had a vampire, positive ID. Set up a tower to drop him onto spikes. Had a peasant come up to pull the lever to drop the vampire.

Then the vampire does a ninja-flip mid-air and, instead of spikes, he lands on the peasant, crushing the poor bugger's skull.

I find a flame demon. Easily killed because I have an ice sword. Invariably, the game locks up.

Tried to land a rocket. Due to bizzare physics, the rocket is floating in the air, switching between going up slow and falling fast. Waiting for the parachute to deploy, I discovered the altimeter works on distance above sea level, not ground. During a drop, the rocket tipped over, with the result being a combination of rapid unplanned disassembly and sudden lithobraking.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11542 on: April 16, 2014, 03:07:19 pm »

On my second playthrough, breezing through so far, running down staircase and I do a jump. I roll past the bonfire and right into the ocean.
Bye bye, humanity.
EDIT: Went back to retrieve my souls/light bonfire, and I did it again. God dammit.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 03:11:54 pm by Squill »
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11543 on: April 16, 2014, 03:34:06 pm »

Oh, wow, that sucks. >.< I hope you didn't lose many souls, dude.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11544 on: April 16, 2014, 03:59:04 pm »

Turbine. We were one point away from victory, I, as a soldier, drop into the enemy intelligence room as the second briefcase is being capped. Get the crit, kill the engineer and head out. Meet a demoman with half-zatochi, I pull my equalizer, crit him, and keep going. As I am walking into the base, I get killed as a friendly scout arrives. That'd be ok, since the scout would cap and we win. Except I get auto-balanced into the other team. Damn it.

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11545 on: April 16, 2014, 04:49:03 pm »

Finished Ikaruga again. After a felt dozen or so continues, but the last death is the only one that counts, anyway.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11546 on: April 16, 2014, 10:48:27 pm »

Damn, Ceaseless Discharge is disturbing to look at. Almost as bad as that giant rat in the Depths.

Also he hits like a goddamn truck. >.>

Dark Souls. I'd like to think I'm doing good (beat Stray Demon, then steamrolled Gaping Dragon and Quelaag on my first try as well as defeating Maneater Mildred for good measure) but then something like Ceaseless Discharge happens and I'm like 'oh.'

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11547 on: April 16, 2014, 10:52:30 pm »

BTW, there's a ridiculously cheap way to beat Ceaseless Discharge
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11548 on: April 16, 2014, 10:57:04 pm »

Considering that I one-shot Hellkite Wyvern in the back of the head (for anyone who doesn't know, I'm referring to a glitch that causes a boss to instantly kill itself for you by shooting it with an arrow from a certain spot) I'm not exactly against cheap tactics when it comes to bosses. :P

That being said if CD is an optional boss I'm not sure if I'm gonna go back for him. I already got the robes he was guarding/fell for the noob trap. I might take the cheap way just to get some more souls, and I do kinda wanna go back for the 15k or so souls I had on me...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11549 on: April 16, 2014, 11:28:36 pm »

He is completely necessary to progress, unless you have high vitality and a flip ring. Basically, run to where the robes were and make sure he pulls that insanely long arm out of his chest. Once he does that, run back to the fog gate as fast as you can. Make sure he has the arm out (you should see a big hole in his chest), or this won't work.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 768 769 [770] 771 772 ... 1575