Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 767 768 [769] 770 771 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371477 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11520 on: April 14, 2014, 06:37:21 pm »

I automatically open spoilers.

Much to my dismay.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11521 on: April 14, 2014, 11:07:07 pm »

I walked into a party tent in the candle world, which I found by following a weird raver imp (?)

When I went in there, I ended up in a floating neon pink area. Some sort of thing teleported me to a floating balcony that I couldn't escape. Press 9, hope to find something else interesting.

Yume Nikki. I spoiled a lot of the game several years ago and I still remember a lot of details, dammit.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11522 on: April 14, 2014, 11:22:26 pm »

Enemy groups with pretty much full healing per round and instant death attacks!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11523 on: April 15, 2014, 10:45:14 am »

So. Capra demon. This fucking bastard. I've fought him probably twenty times and 18 of my deaths happened in the first three seconds simply because him and his bastard dogs trapped me against the wall after dodging his first attack so I couldn't move. >.< The other two times were even more annoying deaths were I almost had him and then I fucking mistimed a roll. >.<

Dark Souls. Apparently if I had gotten the Master Key I wouldn't even have to fight this guy. Ugh.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #11524 on: April 15, 2014, 10:59:17 am »

Couldn't hear the creeper behind my over the sound of my LMG, it was a long fall into lava.

Minecraft w/Basic Gun Mod
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11525 on: April 15, 2014, 01:39:58 pm »

So. Capra demon. This fucking bastard. I've fought him probably twenty times and 18 of my deaths happened in the first three seconds simply because him and his bastard dogs trapped me against the wall after dodging his first attack so I couldn't move. >.< The other two times were even more annoying deaths were I almost had him and then I fucking mistimed a roll. >.<

Dark Souls. Apparently if I had gotten the Master Key I wouldn't even have to fight this guy. Ugh.
Basically, first move should be to run up the stairs and get rid of the doggies. Firebombs may help. Also, there's a very narrow ledge you can run across from the top of the stairs to get plunging damage, or to throw/shoot at them.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11526 on: April 15, 2014, 01:44:12 pm »

Oh, I know. The bastards just pin me to the wall when I try to roll past them. :X Like I said, out of the twenty or so fights, only twice has that not happened, and both times I've halberd'd the dogs from that arch to the right of the top of the stairs and then usually bombarded the Capra himself with pyromancy and Soul Arrows.

I'm not really looking for advice - I know what I should be doing, just not getting it done - I'm just venting. :P But thanks anyway, though. I do appreciate you and Gun wanting to help out. :)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11527 on: April 15, 2014, 01:46:01 pm »

Well, you could try fireballing those dogs as your opening move.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11528 on: April 15, 2014, 01:49:26 pm »

Took about 90% of my HP trying break Death's scythe. Basking in the idea that I've won.

Then Death begins assembling a new scythe. With two blades. And made from the bones of children. (Okay, I made the last one up, but knowing this guy, it could be true.)

One hit killed me.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11529 on: April 15, 2014, 01:49:47 pm »

Then I get hit with a jumping slash from Capra since the cast animation takes forever. :X What I ought to do is go grind a lot, put some levels into health since I have less than 600 HP right now, and try again later. Or at least go get some armor better than the pyromancer starting gear, but I don't wanna fatroll everywhere.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11530 on: April 15, 2014, 02:04:31 pm »

Or you could upgrade the pyromancer starting gear, because it's actually pretty good light armor once upgraded. In fact, I played through most of the game with it once I found it in blight town as my sorcerer.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11531 on: April 15, 2014, 02:09:13 pm »

I guess I should go grind for some twinkling shards and just do that then, since I like the way the Pyromancer gear looks anyway. :P

So used to Demon's Souls where armor upgrading isn't a thing...

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11532 on: April 15, 2014, 09:17:59 pm »

There's a awful lot of absolutely nothing in the country, and I must have took a wrong turn at Albuquerque because I ran through all of it. I starved to death after four days of killing zombies and hunting for food.<angry spew> Why even make that? I know ' but there's a lot of nothing in REAL countryside too ' but hell, I take a right turn and it turns into a gameplay problem. 50/50 percent chance of no content forever. </angry spew>
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 09:21:24 pm by Lukewarm »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11533 on: April 15, 2014, 09:47:23 pm »

Not my own death, but I consider getting three of my four Osage scouts (that I just bought for $9) killed in the first battle with a bunch of robbers to be pretty bad. Especially since two of them died because they jumped in front of me and got shot in the head by my rifle.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11534 on: April 15, 2014, 09:52:22 pm »

So. Iron Forest Anomaly. It seems it grew new enemies from vanilla CoP. Here I am, hanging back, smoking a joint to protect from the Poltergeists, when a mob of hunched over mutants meanders around the corner and surround me. I really hope that was one hell of a joint man, 'cause you didn't stop smoking it for nothing. Yeah. In other news, this game is more terrifying than any other. For me at least.

STALKER: Call of Pripyat, Misery 2.1 mod.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 767 768 [769] 770 771 ... 1575