Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 766 767 [768] 769 770 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371957 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11505 on: April 13, 2014, 05:12:15 pm »

My objective was to investigate the Alioth system while remaining undetected by the Cardassians. My navigations officer plotted several points that were supposed to keep us well away from the Cardassian satellites in orbit of Alioth 4. It turns out, one of those nav points drove us right next to a satellite. >:(

I destroyed one ship, then promptly rammed another. Ramming the second ship destroyed every last one of my phasers, so I ran to Starbase 12. At Starbase 12, Admiral Liu pulled me off the assignment for being discovered. Game over.

Star Trek: Bridge Commander.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11506 on: April 13, 2014, 07:18:08 pm »

Ruinbros.  So little ammo, so many high end monsters.  though It wasnt Legions of Hell bad, it wasnt designed for Brutal Doom, so something like balancing on interspaced platforms above lava and pushing a lever that released a pain elemental in front of you is a thing that is going to kill you.  esp on superbad.

Brutal Doom

Kali of the orcs couldnt bring her squads up front fast enough to keep from losing a poorly defended halfling coastal city from one lizard haldbred raider.  The desertion resulting from hunger disbanded my reinforcements.

Master of Magic
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11507 on: April 13, 2014, 08:59:47 pm »

Had to assassinate some CEO in a construction site. Feeling rather cocky, I decided to whip out all of my weapons. All of them. Murdered the first guards with my gatling gun, some more with my grenade launcher, others with my RPG, and then the rest with my special rifle. Fighting my way up to the top, I eventually found myself on the roof, surrounded by bad guys and a helicopter. Shoot down helicopter like a badass, gun down bad guys like a badass. I need to get off the roof.
Okay, fine.
Jump off the edge.
"Where's my parach-"
WASTED
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11508 on: April 13, 2014, 09:08:54 pm »

Urgh I can't inflict enough damage on these fucking gargoyles and apparently if Solaire decides to roll off the edge of the roof the first time you fight them you can't summon him again, so I guess I'm just screwed unless I go grind for a few years or something. >.<

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11509 on: April 13, 2014, 09:24:09 pm »

Urgh I can't inflict enough damage on these fucking gargoyles and apparently if Solaire decides to roll off the edge of the roof the first time you fight them you can't summon him again, so I guess I'm just screwed unless I go grind for a few years or something. >.<

You need to be human to summon. You're prolly hollow.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11510 on: April 13, 2014, 10:20:43 pm »

Yeah, I realized that was the problem a few minutes ago. :P The first time I attempted to play through this game (couldn't find the second bell, killed Sif, gave up) I beat the bell gargoyles on my first try... so I just assumed you could only summon help once and that was that. Then it occurred to me 'hey, if you need to be human to be invaded you probably need to be human to summon too' and so with Solaire's help I beat those bastards on my fifth try.

Before that and to be on topic, I was wandering around the lower section of Undead Burg and got jumped by three thief-looking dudes, one of whom stunlocked me with a throat slit so the others could kill me the second I got out of the 'getting up' animation.

Still Dark Souls. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11511 on: April 13, 2014, 10:23:30 pm »

That discharging beacon had over 12 million hp.
How was I supposed you use my amplified gem when it was being constantly disabled?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11512 on: April 14, 2014, 01:11:21 am »

Underestimated the impact of the Flagship hacking my level 1 oxygen system. 5 Zoltans died simultaneously.  :'(

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11513 on: April 14, 2014, 01:28:36 am »

Dark Souls 2
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 07:50:19 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11514 on: April 14, 2014, 01:31:21 am »

Dark Souls 2
Gah fuck I accidentally clicked that thinking it was the name spoiler somehow fuck.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11515 on: April 14, 2014, 03:39:01 am »

Who knew that the first rat that you can fight in the game eventually turns into a grand rat if you kill it enough times?
It took out my party in a couple of turns so welp!

Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #11516 on: April 14, 2014, 06:54:38 am »

Playing XCOM. Due to stun shenanigans, my soldiers had been getting injured a lot. Hadn't noticed it, though.

That's when I got a mission.  I had a robot and four rookies equipped with nano vests. I accepted.

Two of them were turned into zombies near the start of the mission. Turns out it was a mission where Cryssalids had invaded a small town. Very bad indeed. However, I managed to take out that group, and even rescued one of the rookies from death by being surrounded by two zombies and an alien. The three remainders (one uninjured rookie, a damaged MEC trooper and a near-death rookie) managed to get through the town, and even managed to beat some more Cryssalids with the only problem being the MEC nearing death as well.

Then I got to the bit where the whale carcass starts spawning Cryssalids.

The MEC and the injured rookie died fairly quickly. The other rookie fled for their life, to try and get to the radio. She managed to stay one step ahead of the aliens, despite repeatedly being surrounded by them, and entered the building with the radio inside. She turned it on.

She was ripped to shreds as soon as she left the building, but the Cryssalids suffered death by airstrike.

Eat that. Four rookies and a robot, and you still died.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11517 on: April 14, 2014, 09:10:13 am »

Strange, mine is also XCOM.

The first turn of a terror mission, I send one soldier to step off the ship and see if there were any enemies out in front of us. There were none, so I sent him back in and ended the turn.

Before the next turn even began, someone got controlled by aliens and fired off his rocket launcher, killing everyone including himself.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11518 on: April 14, 2014, 12:29:14 pm »

Gah fuck I accidentally clicked that thinking it was the name spoiler somehow fuck.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who suffers from this strange disease which is spoiler dementia.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11519 on: April 14, 2014, 01:23:31 pm »

I usually do that, but thankfully, I managed to stop myself at the last second.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.
Pages: 1 ... 766 767 [768] 769 770 ... 1575