Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 764 765 [766] 767 768 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372214 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11475 on: April 07, 2014, 10:47:03 pm »

So, I'm sneaking along, trying not to attract the attention of EVERY SINGLE FUCKING PSUEDODOG IN THE ZONE, when I hear sirens. Fan-fucking-tastic. In MISERY, the last thing you want to hear out in the Zone are sirens, because that means an emission is imminent. As in, "Hope you got cover in sight". I did not.

STALKER: Call of Pripyat, MISERY 2.1 mod. Least I got some decent gear (Read: A broken ass gasmask and a detector.)
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #11476 on: April 08, 2014, 12:54:04 am »

Welp, probably should've shot the flak cannon's first volley at the flagship's drone control instead of at the missiles. I could've sent boarders to sabotage the missiles in peace. On the brightside, I beat the first stage of the ship with a primarily boarder based ship.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11477 on: April 08, 2014, 12:57:53 am »

I suppose this could also count as a "Own" moment, but I feel it's more appropriate for here.

I set out from the starter town, bronze sword in hand. Pick up a few quests, and manage to beat them without issue. A few kills and some better gear under my belt, I rinse repeat until the surrounding area gets boring. I decide to head south, into a jungle area, and get ambushed by three jaguars while traveling at night, despite them supposedly being "solitary hunters." I take the first one down, but the second one takes out a nerve in my left arm, completely disabling my shield. The second one gets a paw lopped off, then a leg, and starts to run away. The third one, however, takes out a nerve in my sword arm before I can finish it off.

Forced to attempt kicking it to death while bleeding profusely, it managed to gnaw off one of my legs, causing me to fall over. I decide to try a different tactic, and attempt biting its neck. Suddenly, I get the message that the jaguar's head had gone flying in an arc. Yes, I bit a jaguar's head off. And then promptly bled to death three turns later.

What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11478 on: April 08, 2014, 01:03:39 am »

Doing the port 7-star quest "Sticky Situation" looking for gems and using dual blades for funsies (Alluvion Slashers from Plesioth if anyone cares... probably not).  Unfortunately, I delayed a dodge by just a bit too long, so I was simultaneously punched by a dinosaur and blown up by his slime mold. Combine that with just being hit by the full weight of the Brachydios rage horn stab, and I'm taking a ride on the Felyne cart with a third of my reward gone, aka I died.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Seriously why does the Dios Flier+ take two gems that's not natural
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #11479 on: April 08, 2014, 07:49:18 am »

Welp, probably should've shot the flak cannon's first volley at the flagship's drone control instead of at the missiles. I could've sent boarders to sabotage the missiles in peace. On the brightside, I beat the first stage of the ship with a primarily boarder based ship.

That's evil. I guess hacking wouldn't work either then.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11480 on: April 08, 2014, 09:06:14 am »

Seriously why does the Dios Flier+ take two gems that's not natural

I'd say work on the Kelbi Bow instead, though that needs Awaken. If not, well, good luck. I've been working on getting a single Cloudy Moonshard with my brother. He's managed to get 4-5. I've got 0 out of the 3 I'd like. (Min. 1 needed for a weapon upgrade)

On Topic:
30 Wave Mann vs Machine fight. Leader Scout and the Final Boss on erm... Decoy? Those are so damn annoying it's not even funny. Especially that scout. Crit Sticky with demoman couldn't kill him, needed the help of another demo.
Terribly frustrating even after beating them multiple times.

Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #11481 on: April 08, 2014, 10:07:09 am »

Ah, Bell Gargoyle.

You know, I ain't even mad. No matter how many times in a row I get crushed, sliced and jumped upon.
Because last (and first) time I reached this boss, I deleted my char in frustration. There was only that much FPS-drop/mouse lag related deaths I could swallow.
But all I really had to do was just cap FPS to 30 and also use DSmfix (I was only aware of DSfix, for whatever reason). Now dieing has became almost a pleasure.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #11482 on: April 08, 2014, 12:48:09 pm »

That's evil. I guess hacking wouldn't work either then.

Hacking seemed to work for me last night. The second stage was certainly one of the easier ones for me.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11483 on: April 08, 2014, 07:30:08 pm »

If hacking is your plan remember that stage has a guaranteed defense drone 1.  So you'll have to overwhelm it by launching missiles or boarding drones alongside the hack drone.  Or just blow up the drone control.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11484 on: April 08, 2014, 07:42:14 pm »

I'd say work on the Kelbi Bow instead, though that needs Awaken. If not, well, good luck. I've been working on getting a single Cloudy Moonshard with my brother. He's managed to get 4-5. I've got 0 out of the 3 I'd like. (Min. 1 needed for a weapon upgrade)
Already have it. I'm looking for a raw bow (hahaha...) and I've heard good things. Plus, the Kelbi Bow has a somewhat poor reputation. And I hear you on the moonshards. If you get really desperate, you could just go in, throw sonic bombs for shiny drops, and fail the quest if you get one/abandon if you don't. Which weapon are you making?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11485 on: April 09, 2014, 02:24:44 am »

If hacking is your plan remember that stage has a guaranteed defense drone 1.  So you'll have to overwhelm it by launching missiles or boarding drones alongside the hack drone.  Or just blow up the drone control.
Hacking drones are rather fast. I don't remember the defense drone ever hitting my hacking drone. Maybe I've just been lucky with the defense drone's position when I launch, but even then, that's controllable.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11486 on: April 09, 2014, 03:08:36 am »

I've had my defense drone shoot down 6 consecutive hack attempts by the flagship.

It always gets through of course, because defense drones are dumb and can't prioritize.  But against one target they almost always work.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11487 on: April 09, 2014, 08:33:07 am »

Was jumping on people across the rooftops with my lancers, until a male thief charmed my time mage (my whole party is female; except for Ramza of course) and cast a couple good Ice 2's on them. Killed one lancer, wounded Ramza who got stabbed with a blind knife and couldn't cast anymore, and killed my dark mage as well. Charm lasts WAY longer than I remember..

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11488 on: April 09, 2014, 09:04:40 am »

Already have it. I'm looking for a raw bow (hahaha...) and I've heard good things. Plus, the Kelbi Bow has a somewhat poor reputation. And I hear you on the moonshards. If you get really desperate, you could just go in, throw sonic bombs for shiny drops, and fail the quest if you get one/abandon if you don't. Which weapon are you making?

The Switch Axe last upgrade. Plus I'd like to make the full armour set too, mostly for bragging rights. I've found that in its current form, the Lucent SA performs on par with my Brisant Demolisher, so one more upgrade and I'll have the best weapon I can get my hands on for all-purpose use.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11489 on: April 09, 2014, 09:35:20 am »

Ran out of missiles, which was my main way of taking out that damned rocket artillery in a timely fashion( don't get me wrong, Chain Vulcan is pretty damn awesome, but it requires a bit of time to hammer shields down). That, and a few overloads from the Flagship's Third stage took me out.

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: 1 ... 764 765 [766] 767 768 ... 1575