Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 763 764 [765] 766 767 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372209 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11460 on: April 05, 2014, 01:47:16 pm »

Damn Enclave Patrols.

Damn random encounters.

Damnnable travel speed.

Why can't I just get to San Fran so I can finish this :'(

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Do you have the car yet?

Nope.

However, surprisingly, after posting that I got extremely lucky and was able to get to San Fransisco and subsequently Navarro!

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #11461 on: April 05, 2014, 03:14:45 pm »

Stomped down Anima using Shiva, then Seymour proceeded to one-shot Shiva, then start one-shotting party members faster than I could raise them.

Hmmmm, which fight is this? Where/when? I remember I struggled with one, but one was pretty easy, maybe I can share some tips?
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #11462 on: April 05, 2014, 06:44:43 pm »

Flagship. Again. By this point I just wanted to reach system 8 so I could get layout C for the Kestrel...except it didn't unlock. So that's cool. Guess I need to get to system 8 with Kestrel layout B to get C, rather than getting there with A. I don't have B unlocked either.

What a waste of time that run was.

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11463 on: April 05, 2014, 08:32:55 pm »

Rebel Flagship.

...You were expecting something else?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11464 on: April 06, 2014, 10:19:06 am »

Stomped down Anima using Shiva, then Seymour proceeded to one-shot Shiva, then start one-shotting party members faster than I could raise them.

Hmmmm, which fight is this? Where/when? I remember I struggled with one, but one was pretty easy, maybe I can share some tips?

First one, in Macalania. I beat him on the second try because I realized he resumes his attack pattern from before he summoned, then Hasted Yuna and her cast Nul- spells. He didn't even touch anyone.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11465 on: April 06, 2014, 02:13:32 pm »

Speaking of, I was 6 scrap away from unlocking the Lanius B(with the 600 scrap achievement), but I was in the Last Stand. So I decided to go to the Rebel Cruiser spawn....and found out the hard way when they say it's extremely dangerous, they mean it. I had flak and vulcan too...

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11466 on: April 06, 2014, 03:30:46 pm »

I thought I had a solid run. 4 shields, cloaking, Flak II, hacking... I had it all, save for a teleporter. I crushed the first two flagship phases with barely a scratch!

But then I lost control of the situation on phase 3. The AI unfailingly targeted my weapons system, and that plus the super-shield prevented me from destroying their rocket launcher. Next went the cloaking system, making the missiles even more painful. My crew was constantly injured from repairing hull breaches, delaying my essential system repairs while my hull slowly failed.

In the end, I still had a chance. Most of my ship's core systems were repaired, and a lucky flak blast finally downed the rockets. Sadly, I failed to dodge 4 of the laser blasts in a single overload volley, with the one extra shot making it through my shields and destroying my ship. (I'm pretty sure it hit the weapons room again, too...)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11467 on: April 06, 2014, 04:14:19 pm »

M
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
Oh, fuck those things. It's an accurate depiction, though.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11468 on: April 06, 2014, 05:48:41 pm »

I decided I would learn nethack if it killed me.  it has.

:/  It feels like tgere is soo much im already supposed to know.  its discouraging to tgink tgat atm I can live until my equipment is bested.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11469 on: April 06, 2014, 05:57:26 pm »

I decided I would learn nethack if it killed me.  it has.

:/  It feels like tgere is soo much im already supposed to know.  its discouraging to tgink tgat atm I can live until my equipment is bested.
Feel free to look things up on the wiki. The game's extremely difficult with it, and even more so without it.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11470 on: April 06, 2014, 07:36:24 pm »

MISERY mod for CoP. Dear god. I survive a bloodsucker attack, only to be killed by an anomaly, then spend the next five lives avoiding three mutated cats that down me in three hits. Oh, and they're faster than me, and shotguns don't seem to have been given a damage boost. I really need new equipment, but everything kills me too fast for me to get anything done.

STALKER: Call of Pripyat, MISERY 2.1 Mod.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11471 on: April 07, 2014, 02:07:41 pm »

Get jumped by sabertooth cats. I kill them all, but both my lungs are bruised and I suffocate.

Outsider necromancer started in a goblin village. Goblins don't like necromancers, apparently.

I met a thunder dragon goddess, name started with a "J"-something. Whyever the hell I decide to attack, she dodges and smacks me on the head.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11472 on: April 07, 2014, 04:07:58 pm »

Both of the enemy riflemen and one of the enemy rocket launchers are all in a very tight grouping at the north-west corner. The last rocketeer is way off to the south-east. My guys are somewhat scattered around the map.

I order my rifleman to go take out the guy by himself, shouldn't be hard.
I tell my rocketman to shoot at the tight cluster, hoping to get all of them, with my shotgun following behind him in case any survive.

The rocket hits a wall and takes out the enemy launcher, but both riflemen got clear of the blast, one of which hiding behind a wall, the other shoots my rocketman in the head.
My shotgun guy runs up and exacts revenge, with the other rifleman still hiding.

On the other end of the map, I expected my rifle to take out the enemy launcher with no problem, however, he got hit by the jerk's blast right before he could get any shots off, so I'm now down to just my shotgun man, against a rifleman and a rocket launcher at opposite ends of the map.

I decide I don't like the idea of an enemy launcher at long range, so I go after him first, he goes down pretty easily, but takes out a building beforehand.

So now I'm down to just taking on the enemy rifleman, who has superior range, at a long distance, with almost no intervening cover for an approach.

That didn't end well for my guy.

Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11473 on: April 07, 2014, 09:19:55 pm »

There is BS, and then there is hardcore BS. The latter takes the form of an automated ship in Sector 1... with a beam drone, a beam weapon, and the event that hacks your shield, forcing it offline. Seeing as how this was my 3rd jump, I only had one shield.

Oh well, at least I wasn't that far into the run before dying.  ::)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #11474 on: April 07, 2014, 10:35:46 pm »

The rebel flagship's swarms of drones destroyed my cloning bay. All my crew was either dead or boarding the rebel ship, so there was no one left to repair the cloning bay. My crew died off one by one in the cloning tanks until there was no one left.

Welp, probably should've shot the flak cannon's first volley at the flagship's drone control instead of at the missiles. I could've sent boarders to sabotage the missiles in peace. On the brightside, I beat the first stage of the ship with a primarily boarder based ship.

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 763 764 [765] 766 767 ... 1575