Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 760 761 [762] 763 764 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372016 times)

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11415 on: April 02, 2014, 03:08:39 am »

No problem. That last bit about not dying, you can see it in the labyrinthine character sheet by highlighting "weapon skill", "health" or something else and it's listed as "Survival Bonus: ~%". It also apparently increases damage done in combat.
Oh...you are right, there is Survival bonus hidden there. One of the things I dislike about this game is that some information are a bit more hidden than necessary. But it's a really small thing. And I've just discovered there's a decently informative wiki on the web so there's that.

Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11416 on: April 02, 2014, 01:46:02 pm »

Not dead yet, but this is a big problem. I decide to look around in the religion screen after seeing the HRE declare a holy war on England, and, yep, they're all Cathars. If I'm lucky, I can assassinate him, and his heir will be Catholic.

Crusader Kings 2
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11417 on: April 02, 2014, 01:49:26 pm »

Played my first serious attempt at CDDA this 0.A

Skills seems to have decreased, as did rate of zombie spawns and their rates of inflicting sever blows.  Mobbed by 10 zombies only after my electric car ran out of juice and the ambulance I ran to had no wheel(?).  I shot several zumbies with a marlin, but alas it was a slow and painful way to go.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11418 on: April 02, 2014, 04:34:23 pm »

Well, for Hell, this area isn't too bad. The blocks falling from the ceiling look kinda annoying and WHY ARE THERE ANGELS IN HELL AND WHY DO THEY DO SO MUCH DAMAGE?!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11419 on: April 02, 2014, 05:19:28 pm »

Well, for Hell, this area isn't too bad. The blocks falling from the ceiling look kinda annoying and WHY ARE THERE ANGELS IN HELL AND WHY DO THEY DO SO MUCH DAMAGE?!
Unless you're doing a minimal health run (which I doubt you are) it is a valud strategy to ignore the blocks and the butes (aka angels) and head straight to the next area as fast as possible, then farm for health.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11420 on: April 02, 2014, 05:31:28 pm »

Kerbal Space Program:

Getting an EVA report withtout a hitch, mid-orbit? Yep.
Successful landing? Fine.
Trying to jump out of glitchy terrain on your way to a surface sample? Noep.
Bye bye, brave Kerbalnaut.
Black lives matter.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11421 on: April 02, 2014, 05:37:50 pm »

Unless you're doing a minimal health run (which I doubt you are) it is a valud strategy to ignore the blocks and the butes (aka angels) and head straight to the next area as fast as possible, then farm for health.
Chiming in to state that the falling blocks corridor is probably the worst place in the game.  Otherwise the entirety of hell is a lot of fun.  Even speed runners hate that stupid hallway (my sources include M1_account, and probably M1_account (on twitch)).

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11422 on: April 02, 2014, 06:01:43 pm »

Hahah! I finally beat that annoying miniboss! ...Why is he falling?

You have died.
Do you want to retry?

It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11423 on: April 02, 2014, 06:10:17 pm »

Was doing defense mode in Cataclysm: DDA. I was doing pretty well, having put all my points into cutting weapons and purchased a katana, but somehow a fire started in the base and those are pretty hard to survive when you're not allowed to leave the building.

Also, gotta remember to turn off spiders in defense mode. The little ones can't hurt you or the generator, but they spam you with "Warning! Monster spotted!" and other such interruptions while being completely untargettable with melee attacks.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11424 on: April 02, 2014, 08:02:47 pm »

Chiming in to state that the falling blocks corridor is probably the worst place in the game.  Otherwise the entirety of hell is a lot of fun.  Even speed runners hate that stupid hallway (my sources include M1_account, and probably M1_account (on twitch)).
I have a mod that basically make the bookshelf a teleporter to skip the falling blocks corridor, and when I'm doing practice runs I make use of it often because fuck falling blocks
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

gomez

• Bay Watcher
  • [Hysterical and Useless]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11425 on: April 02, 2014, 09:21:06 pm »

Kerbal Space Program:

Getting an EVA report withtout a hitch, mid-orbit? Yep.
Successful landing? Fine.
Trying to jump out of glitchy terrain on your way to a surface sample? Noep.
Bye bye, brave Kerbalnaut.

have you updated to the new version? I read the changelogs and it looked like they had fixed the death by glitchy terrain bug.

edit: Oh and lucky 7's page number!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 09:23:19 pm by gomez »
"They accused us of suppressing freedom of expression. This was a lie and we could not let them publish it."
- Nelba Blandon (as Director of Censorship, Nicaragua)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11426 on: April 03, 2014, 12:16:20 am »

Burn down the lighthouse.  Ok sounds easy enough.  My party member doesn't give a rats ass about the text much to my annoyance so I end up skipping it all to catch up to him.  I get up to the lighthouse and start burning a stone structure.  I can't go back the way I came in so I jump out the window onto what kinda looks like it might be a safe roof.

...Well at least I did get quest credit for using the teleport scroll I was apparently supposed to use but didn't before I made an argonian shaped crater.  That roof is deceptively slippery.

Elder Scrolls Online.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11427 on: April 03, 2014, 02:31:26 am »

So, I just found out that the dragon can decide to attack you two days in a row instead of flying randomly around the map. Which will then be immediately followed by a black knight attack that you have no way of avoiding, because you just died twice in a row to the dragon that you're meant to kill at a much, much higher level.

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mishrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11428 on: April 03, 2014, 08:33:59 am »

Trying to use a speed runner strategy to get through a rather dark area in Dark Souls 2.  After a dozen attempts and a lot of missed jumps, I decided to use a different route as I didn't have the patience to keep at it that night.  They make it look so easy.   :-\

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #11429 on: April 03, 2014, 04:12:18 pm »

Just open FTL with its new update, got the new ship of some reason (Lanius ship, got all the new stuff) and then play normal...

After two jump I got hit by the most unlucky shit and got killed by an rebel ship

Pages: 1 ... 760 761 [762] 763 764 ... 1575