Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 759 760 [761] 762 763 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371996 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11401 on: April 01, 2014, 06:35:21 pm »

Blasted by a mancubus again.

Blasted by shotgunners again. The last five deaths in a row, actually.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11402 on: April 01, 2014, 07:14:24 pm »

Found and caught my very first shiny pokemon... In a Touhou ROM hack. Armok damn it.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11403 on: April 01, 2014, 07:58:50 pm »

Considered fireballing a Shieldmasta, then decided against it. Tried to put the fireball back in my hand. Accidentally fireballed myself instead. Clicking your hero totally works for cancelling minions... forgot that it didn't work for spells.

Subsequently lost the match, owing to my loss of Fireball, a full turn of play, and 6 health.  ::)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11404 on: April 01, 2014, 09:08:42 pm »

Trying out that new Asteroid Capture scenario in KSP. With an unwise aerobrake, I lost 12km/s orbital velocity and impacted with the planet, killing Bob and obliterating the scenario's capture craft. Yet, the space rock survived the impact completely unharmed.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11405 on: April 01, 2014, 09:33:30 pm »

Edit: NVM, my mistake. Damn, was waiting to use that :/.

Anyway - I was building my house, all going to plan, had a good stock of smoked stag. Had 3 walls done, about ~20 logs... Then -

*BAM*

Big bear. Roughly 3 tiles away. Closer than my weapons.

RIP, Hûmäin Kuoamolain.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 09:36:48 pm by WhitiusOpus »
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11406 on: April 01, 2014, 09:34:00 pm »

Wiped versus a dungeon boss whose Asphyxiate ability basically meant "fuck you, your casters are all going down to 1hp".

World of Warcraft.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11407 on: April 01, 2014, 09:37:02 pm »

Trying out that new Asteroid Capture scenario in KSP. With an unwise aerobrake, I lost 12km/s orbital velocity and impacted with the planet, killing Bob and obliterating the scenario's capture craft. Yet, the space rock survived the impact completely unharmed.

WAT

Kerbal space program I presume.
GAME

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11408 on: April 01, 2014, 09:40:04 pm »

Funnily enough, that picture he was waiting to use was pretty much what happened in KSP :D
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11409 on: April 02, 2014, 12:27:25 am »

Picked up an M5 Starburst at the shipyards in Aladna Hill (Rebalance Mod, I'm guessing), kitted it out with a full upgrade package, including both a Mineral Scanner and Cargo Life-support, and went off blitzing the galaxy at 1.3 km/s as the Commonwealth's fastest scout/taxi.  Pirate Lane was no trouble at all anymore; I didn't have any weapons, but I could literally outspeed anything the pirates could throw at me, up to and including their missiles.  I could easily collect a million just for scanning ten asteroids in the Lane where other Argon M5 pilots couldn't go, which I then immediately put in my slush fund for building up my freighter fleet in the Argon core worlds, and taxi runs for anyone who wasn't too snobbish to enjoy a good old-fashioned acceleration couch helped tack smaller payoffs on top of that.  I did have a couple close shaves slaloming through asteroid fields or docking before I got the hang of flying a ship that moved around 5-6 times as fast as my old Elite, but I was generally was having a jolly good time.  Then I approached the wrong jump gate at full speed.  I always approach them off the centerline to avoid smashing into anything I can't dodge, even in my Elite, and the Starburst has a far weaker hull and shield, but even so...

Second last thing to go through my head: "You know, I always worry that something's going to gate in just as I'm about to gate out.  Probably just being paranoid..."
Last thing to go through my head: The incoming TS freighter's hull.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 12:30:04 am by Culise »

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #11410 on: April 02, 2014, 01:38:44 am »

Decided to pick Battle Mage after playing Gladiator for two days. It's surprisingly rare for me to pick mage class in games, usually has to have some sort of trick to it, which in this case was not-your-standard-flimsy-spellcaster but someone who's also openly ok with smashing heads with staff/sword in addition to throwing fireballs all around.

Did my tutorial fight, went few meters out of the starting arena, killed few goblins, got too close to one, blargh I'm dead.

In hindsight, maybe I should stick with bronze difficulty instead of picking silver. Also, starting fireball spell is awfully slow.

Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11411 on: April 02, 2014, 01:41:51 am »

Silver is doable from the beginning, but most of the guides I've read about Sacred Gold recommend levelling a character up to level 15 - 20 before switching from Bronze difficulty to Silver. Loot quality is determined by difficulty, so playing on a higher difficulty comes with more rewards. I believe there's also a mechanic in Sacred Gold where you have more chance of finding good loot the longer you don't die for.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #11412 on: April 02, 2014, 01:53:29 am »

Ok, that's some good info, thanks.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11413 on: April 02, 2014, 02:19:49 am »

No problem. That last bit about not dying, you can see it in the labyrinthine character sheet by highlighting "weapon skill", "health" or something else and it's listed as "Survival Bonus: ~%". It also apparently increases damage done in combat.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Endymion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11414 on: April 02, 2014, 02:53:19 am »

I lost concentration and smacked into a piece of hexagon wall.

But the good thing was this was 68 seconds after I had started. On hyper hexagonest. I had lost concentration due to that awesomeness, and the transition to the extended mode.

Game is Super Hexagon.
Watching Wizard of Oz while listening to Dark Side of the Moon on shuffle.
Pages: 1 ... 759 760 [761] 762 763 ... 1575