Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 758 759 [760] 761 762 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371613 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11385 on: April 01, 2014, 12:53:36 am »

How well does PS2 run, anyway? I thought about trying it but my internets is rather lame, I can barely play Guns of Icarus Online most days.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11386 on: April 01, 2014, 12:56:18 am »

\

Oh and the sniper class is useless, but it doesn't require teamwork so it can be sort of fun to play as, until you inevitably find yourself facing a tank.
So me being an Infiltrator = wasted time ._.
*sniff*
Now all my hopes and dreams are ruined.
Also I don't even know how to use abilities, handing out ammo, revives or stuffs like that D:

Planetside 2 again!

> Exit spawn point.
> Sees enemy blue tank.
> Applies rocket to face.

;-;

I can't even last a minute outside...of our spawn point?!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11387 on: April 01, 2014, 12:57:50 am »

Yeah, that sounds about par for games like that.

Have you tried vehicles? Or do you have to do something stupid like unlock them first?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11388 on: April 01, 2014, 01:03:31 am »

How well does PS2 run, anyway? I thought about trying it but my internets is rather lame, I can barely play Guns of Icarus Online most days.
Abhorrently.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11389 on: April 01, 2014, 01:24:20 am »

Yeah, that sounds about par for games like that.

Have you tried vehicles? Or do you have to do something stupid like unlock them first?
I don't even know how to earn resources for them .-.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11390 on: April 01, 2014, 03:10:58 am »

\

Oh and the sniper class is useless, but it doesn't require teamwork so it can be sort of fun to play as, until you inevitably find yourself facing a tank.
*sniff*
Also I don't even know how to use abilities, handing out ammo, revives or stuffs like that D:

Its been a while but... if you're medic you have a heal ray, it heals live soldiers and revives dead ones.  Engineer has something similar for repairing vehicles and a beacon that restores ammo.  Heavy assault gets a rocket launcher, although the default is a bit crap iirc.  Light assault gets a jetpack and can get C4 to strap to vehicles, but it seems like a difficult playstyle.

Infiltrator is... how to put this, in a game about large masses of players battling it out for objectives, being able to shoot people one at a time at a longer range than usual isn't a good trade off for having no support abilities and being helpless against vehicles.  If you play infiltrator enough you'll find yourself facing a bunch of enemy tanks, and just kind of standing around while the heavy assaults do the fighting and everyone else heals/resupplies them.

Its not literally useless, I just think its underpowered.  HOWEVER, if you're annoyed at your allies not helping you infiltrator lets you ignore the team fight and lone wolf it, which is not exactly the pro strat but can be plenty fun.

As for vehicles the resources you need to get them are constantly refilling for every player for free.  Go to one of the larger bases your team owns, at the bottom there will be tank spawners, at the top there will be helipads that spawn air vehicles.  In the infantry spawn rooms you will be able to spend resources to become a MAX, which is a restricted class with power armor and larger guns.  MAX, land and air resources are separate and again, free.  Although many vehicles start with crap weapons or lack essential upgrades sadly, but tanks will always be able to get kills.

In general try to find a mass of allies and stick with them.  You should be able to pick up an understanding of the game just by staying alive and staying near the mass, and helping people or shooting baddies whenever the opportunity presents itself.  If nothing is going on you can periodically "redeploy" which puts you in a drop pod over any normal spawn point iirc.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11391 on: April 01, 2014, 03:50:31 am »

\

*sniff*

Its been a while but... if you're medic you have a heal ray, it heals live soldiers and revives dead ones.  Engineer has something similar for repairing vehicles and a beacon that restores ammo.  Heavy assault gets a rocket launcher, although the default is a bit crap iirc.  Light assault gets a jetpack and can get C4 to strap to vehicles, but it seems like a difficult playstyle.

Infiltrator is... how to put this, in a game about large masses of players battling it out for objectives, being able to shoot people one at a time at a longer range than usual isn't a good trade off for having no support abilities and being helpless against vehicles.  If you play infiltrator enough you'll find yourself facing a bunch of enemy tanks, and just kind of standing around while the heavy assaults do the fighting and everyone else heals/resupplies them.

Its not literally useless, I just think its underpowered.  HOWEVER, if you're annoyed at your allies not helping you infiltrator lets you ignore the team fight and lone wolf it, which is not exactly the pro strat but can be plenty fun.

As for vehicles the resources you need to get them are constantly refilling for every player for free.  Go to one of the larger bases your team owns, at the bottom there will be tank spawners, at the top there will be helipads that spawn air vehicles.  In the infantry spawn rooms you will be able to spend resources to become a MAX, which is a restricted class with power armor and larger guns.  MAX, land and air resources are separate and again, free.  Although many vehicles start with crap weapons or lack essential upgrades sadly, but tanks will always be able to get kills.

In general try to find a mass of allies and stick with them.  You should be able to pick up an understanding of the game just by staying alive and staying near the mass, and helping people or shooting baddies whenever the opportunity presents itself.  If nothing is going on you can periodically "redeploy" which puts you in a drop pod over any normal spawn point iirc.

Go medic.

Button 1: T1 Cycler. A basic, poor accuracy bullet spewing' medic/light assault gun. You really shouldn't be using this unless you're under attack. It becomes quite good with the Forward Grip attachment.
Button 2: T9 Repeater. A pistol that fires in three round bursts. Is the weakest pistol per bullet, but at very close ranges with the three round burst is devastating. At close range you're better of using the Repeater than the Cycler.
BUTTON 3: Medigun! Run up to someone who is injured, heal them with LMB. Find a dead teammate with a skull and crossbones above their head, and begin healing them. You can resurrect them with 25% health (more once you level up) You must hold down the heal button and wait until it is full before you can let go and they will resurrect (if they accept.)

You can even resurrect team MAXes, though it takes longer and revives them on less health, and you cannot heal them further.

Engineer is also an easy class to learn. You have five buttons, instead of three.

Button 1: Forget the name of the starter weapon, but it's more accurate than the T1 Cycler. It's quite good with a 1x sight and forward grip.
Button 2: Same repeater as Medic. Same rules apply.
Button 3: Engineer omnitool. Repair damaged vehicles, turrets and MAXes. You cannot revive maxes with it, but you can repair totally destroyed turrets. An Engineer / MAX combo is as feared as the Medic ubercharging Heavy in TF2 is. If you spawn near a damaged vehicle, repair it! Beware of unscrupulous players who will not be careful and may run you down during/after you repair them.
Button 4: To begin with, this is your Ammo Pack. Drop it any old where, and players will replenish ammo if they walk very near it. Try to place it in an area of high ammo use (eg a choke point) or near a MAX that's stationary.
Button 5: Your MANA Anti Infantry Turret. Press once to deploy a turret that is really quite accurate in short bursts, and deals nice damage to infantry (but none to tanks). It has infinite ammo, like the turrets on bases, but heats up with each shot. It's less accurate when prayed and sprayed.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11392 on: April 01, 2014, 09:31:10 am »

About infiltrators: They actually have antitank mines, so proper placement of them can be useful. Also, it is a useful class because they can kill large numbers of people without taking very much fire.

Personally, though, I like Light Assault the best. The stock gun is decent, and it's enough by far to take out anyone unwary before they can turn around. The jetpack lets you get in places that no one expects, and the C4 is amazing - it's good for antiinfantry because you can set it at a choke point and walk away, and it's good for antiheavy because it can almost kill a Sunderer (with two). Also, Maxes never expect C4 on their back.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11393 on: April 01, 2014, 09:44:10 am »

Button 5: Your MANA Anti Infantry Turret. Press once to deploy a turret that is really quite accurate in short bursts, and deals nice damage to infantry (but none to tanks). It has infinite ammo, like the turrets on bases, but heats up with each shot. It's less accurate when prayed and sprayed.
You can also press b with it out to switch it to deploying ammo, so you can switch the ammo pack for something else.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11394 on: April 01, 2014, 02:09:18 pm »

Pretty much anything you can die to in this game I've died to.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11395 on: April 01, 2014, 02:25:18 pm »

Fucking accidently hitting a DMC guard.

Fucking instant kill rifles.

Fuck not having the right skill to craft arrows to use the bow I found in my first looting run.

Fuck!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11396 on: April 01, 2014, 04:15:10 pm »

A bandit approached me while I was sleeping and I kicked his ass with a crowbar.  I asked him to surrender and the fight continued... then suddenly the fight ended and I was missing all of my stuff.

Turns out I had offered to surrender.  Shit.  I chased him down and was killed in the ensuing fight.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11397 on: April 01, 2014, 04:28:05 pm »

A bandit approached me while I was sleeping and I kicked his ass with a crowbar.  I asked him to surrender and the fight continued... then suddenly the fight ended and I was missing all of my stuff.

Turns out I had offered to surrender.  Shit.  I chased him down and was killed in the ensuing fight.

Is there some sort of issue with games with 'surrender' buttons? 'Deaths' like these show up very regularly on this thread.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #11398 on: April 01, 2014, 04:29:12 pm »

Is there some sort of issue with games with 'surrender' buttons? 'Deaths' like these show up very regularly on this thread.
Yeah, I did that a little while ago (relatively).

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #11399 on: April 01, 2014, 05:15:33 pm »

Blasted by a mancubus again.

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 758 759 [760] 761 762 ... 1575