Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 755 756 [757] 758 759 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371365 times)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11340 on: March 24, 2014, 08:59:39 pm »

Are Sorcerers fun? I was considering running a Sorc/Dex build once DS2 finally comes out on PC. Melee + a bit of flamethrowing is fun, but I think in DS2 I'd like to be able to hit things more than 2 meters in front of me.  :D

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11341 on: March 24, 2014, 09:40:50 pm »

The start is tough, but it's fun, yeah.
Sorceries are much more powerful, in that they do better damage and are a good deal faster.
However, you are also much squishier in the early game than you would have been in DS1
I haven't gotten a Sorcerer past the first boss yet, though, :P
It's a really hard start.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #11342 on: March 25, 2014, 04:13:17 am »

Giant spiders again, this time joined by feral nightsabers. I'm starting to think that I might just suck at WoW in general.

World of Warcraft. Why is Teldrassil so empty of players? I've never seen more than a couple at a time, usually just noobs going through the first few quests.
Everyone's hanging around either in Stormwind or the Shrine of Seven Suns most likely. 's not really much reason to hang around the racial capitals.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11343 on: March 25, 2014, 09:29:37 pm »

The start is tough, but it's fun, yeah.
Sorceries are much more powerful, in that they do better damage and are a good deal faster.
However, you are also much squishier in the early game than you would have been in DS1
I haven't gotten a Sorcerer past the first boss yet, though, :P
It's a really hard start.
I've been playing a sort of wonky sorceror/polearm high damage - low defense type deal.
Kind of like int/dex, but less dex and more strength.
It's pretty fun, if not absurdly squishy.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11344 on: March 25, 2014, 09:46:54 pm »

I enjoy my Pyro Estoc character.

Ain't nobody gonna touch me behind me shield!

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11345 on: March 25, 2014, 10:42:10 pm »

Everyone's hanging around either in Stormwind or the Shrine of Seven Suns most likely. 's not really much reason to hang around the racial capitals.

Yeah, I'm pretty much only at the Shrine now and days.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11346 on: March 25, 2014, 10:49:18 pm »

Okay, fuck Burers. Stupid little psionic dwarves. I walk around a corner, and the little bastard force pulls my gun out of my hands. So, I run back to the pile of dead bodies I made earlier (Heheheh. Stupid zombies.) to grab another gun. While I did this, the little bastard's throwing shit at me, and takes me down to a sliver of life, and I've got no medkits. I grab the gun, scarf down some bread, and turn only to see my first gun fly at my face. UGH- You have died. Press space to return to menu. Ragequit.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat. Oh, and grenades still home in on you.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11347 on: March 25, 2014, 10:53:46 pm »

I was watching a huge battle (didn't cheat them in) with diablo, trex, alien (from predator) two minotaurs and ten stormcloaks.

A mutated human troll hybrid charges me from the forest and it makes such a hideous voice I jumped out of my chair. My character died.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11348 on: March 26, 2014, 10:17:47 am »

Damn Halflings and their resistance to skeleton rushes.

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11349 on: March 26, 2014, 01:56:34 pm »

I whittle the gym leader down to his last 'mon, with most of my team knocked out through sheer attrition. I'm one attack from finishing this when:

"LEADER BRAWLY uses a SUPER POTION on MAKUHITA."

*Makuhita's HP goes back to full*

FFFFFF-

Damn Halflings and their resistance to skeleton rushes.

Needs more skeletons.
Actually, try zombies, though I don't know for certain if they have upkeep or not.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11350 on: March 26, 2014, 04:37:11 pm »

Sounds funny to me because I usually play halfings and build nothing but slingers until my heroes/summons/whatever are ready for the endgame.  Skeletons defy that strategy a little due to missile-immunity.  Fortunately they're so weak that my slingers can punch them to double-death with acceptable losses... So I always considered them a waste of time.  When I play death books I go for wraiths and shadow demons for the life-draining, but mainly focus on crippling the enemy army.

Last time I died:  Was scribing a fancy new Ars Magica spell despite the spellbook glowing bright red on the altar.  I told myself it could be because I included a red skill (A pitiful excuse.  I was doing dwarven science, my beer wanted to see what happened if I went through with it).  The spell altar exploded (much larger than expected!  !!!Success!!!) leaving me nearly dead at the bottom of a small crater.  I stood there a second, in shock at the loss of the crafting ingredients, before getting struck by lightning.  I ran for the nearest building but was struck again and killed.  Did I mention I have 98% lightning affinity?  The movement bonus is *usually* worth it...  But lightning will rapidly strike me in even a normal rainstorm.  I had been using the altar itself as cover.  (It only strikes with line of sight, so I'm safe indoors... except that it will amusingly strike through glass roofs).

The bad part is, it's a sort of super-permadeath.  There's this weird bug I've always experienced with FTB where my client loses all ability to talk to the server, but still gets updates.  I can't open chests or chat but I can walk around, see the other players moving, see their messages.  After ~30 seconds I disconnect with "End of Stream", or I can disconnect-reconnect to clear the problem as soon as I notice it.  Doing this causes a single random item to be ejected from my inventory though - usually not from my hotbar.  So very weird!

Ever since I died this time, the issue has gone from 2-3 times an hour to "absolutely always".  I uninstalled and reinstalled java and FTB, turned my modem and router off for 2 hours, and deleted my player file.  No matter what I do, I'm always disconnected after about 30 seconds and cannot interact with anything in the meantime.  No one else on the server ever has this issue...  I might replace my modem just in case it's the problem.

Minecraft, Feed The Beast, Direwolf20 pack.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11351 on: March 26, 2014, 08:08:43 pm »

Lost track of some guards on the first Undead mission (a stealth mission with your hero unit) because the Shade stopped following them around certain corners. The guards murderized my poor level 2 death knight.

Warcraft 3.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 11:12:54 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #11352 on: March 26, 2014, 08:56:05 pm »

I whittle the gym leader down to his last 'mon, with most of my team knocked out through sheer attrition. I'm one attack from finishing this when:

"LEADER BRAWLY uses a SUPER POTION on MAKUHITA."

*Makuhita's HP goes back to full*

FFFFFF-

Brawly's a dick. He was pretty much the wall that killed multiple Saphire nuzlocke runs. Either his machop one shot everything I had or I had to grind for hours on the weak pokemon in the cave to level my pokemon enough to JUST MATCH HIS LEVEL and possibly beat him. I'd still lose 'mons, and if my flying type (if I had it) died then I could gg right there. The one time I beat him and moved on, I also caught a machop later. You can guess what I named it.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11353 on: March 27, 2014, 01:04:45 pm »

Sounds funny to me because I usually play halfings and build nothing but slingers until my heroes/summons/whatever are ready for the endgame.  Skeletons defy that strategy a little due to missile-immunity.  Fortunately they're so weak that my slingers can punch them to double-death with acceptable losses... So I always considered them a waste of time.  When I play death books I go for wraiths and shadow demons for the life-draining, but mainly focus on crippling the enemy army.
Skeletons seem made for Alchemy/mana focusing rushes.  They can even put down gnolls/lizards better than they put down halflings.

Kali of the nomads was no match for impossible Sun Tso and his army of hellhounds before turn 50.  This game could really do with some easy(er) to get non-aggression treaty.  The game spawned me at a chokepoint and he was scouting.

Master of magic
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11354 on: March 27, 2014, 03:07:15 pm »

Not a death since I actually won the battle, but:

"Pkmn Trainer BRENDAN sent out WAILMER!"

"Ha ha! Wailmer?! More like FAILMER!"

"MARSHSTOMP uses MUD SHOT!"

*Wailmer loses roughly 1/3 HP*

"Enemy WAILMER used WATER PULSE!"

*Marshstomp reduced to 3HP and confused*

(:_:)

Skeletons seem made for Alchemy/mana focusing rushes.  They can even put down gnolls/lizards better than they put down halflings.

Kali of the nomads was no match for impossible Sun Tso and his army of hellhounds before turn 50.  This game could really do with some easy(er) to get non-aggression treaty.  The game spawned me at a chokepoint and he was scouting.

Master of magic
Note, normally, if wizards have more spellbooks in common, they have a diplomacy bonus. Life wizards get a bonus for every Life book, doubled if the other one has Life books. Death wizards get a penalty instead, and that penalty is doubled if they share books.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 755 756 [757] 758 759 ... 1575