Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 745 746 [747] 748 749 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370687 times)

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11190 on: March 09, 2014, 03:45:28 pm »

My PSPs battery ran out right after a boss fight.(albeit a minor one)

I was still pretty sad, and the boss was generally being nice in that fight so it'll be harder this time.

Persona 3 Portable(female protagonist)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11191 on: March 09, 2014, 03:49:30 pm »

I die to everything, multiple times. And I'm only at Undead Parish.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11192 on: March 09, 2014, 05:54:25 pm »

The laser floor in the "Main Gate" area of the "Prison Complex" unit. Delicate, precise jumping puzzles don't work when your character slides at least a foot after every jump.

Quake 2.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11193 on: March 10, 2014, 12:00:34 am »

As a gnome warlord I tried to kill a boss that had 50 layers of life protection.  After spending a RL half hour and all possible resources, I fled the dungeon with no boss kill.  "Don't worry, you're getting better.  You spent 552 mana, which is better than your previous record".  To put this in perspective, my max mana at the end was 18.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11194 on: March 10, 2014, 12:15:43 pm »

Not a death, but eh.

I didn't have the generosity to pay off the mercy outside of Jacobstown, or whatever it's called, and had to kill them. I forgot they were NCR, so Boone got pissed and left me there. Additionally, I got put on the NCR's shitlist because of this and all the other crap people had been making me do. I was walking away from the town to go to a nicer place, and then...

*SssSsssssSs*
[Quest failed: I forgot to remember to forget]

I couldn't find Boone's body, so I couldn't mourn him.

Caesar gave me a semi formal invitation to come see him, probably because of the mercenary incident. The only reason I went was to continue my vendetta for Benny, who had ambushed me earlier even after we seemingly came to an agreement. I had killed his henchmen with my bare hands, and now I was going for him with a renewed thirst for vengeance.

I didn't dare try to fight Caesar, due to his intimidating Ballistic Fist. I spoke with him, and politely told him "Fuck you, I'm not going to help you take over NV" several times, only to be met with more commands. He gave me the platinum chip and told me to do something I can't remember, I answered "BITCH IMMA SHOVE THIS CHIP UP YO ASS" and did, then he punched me so hard I exploded. Repeat the above, only this time I didn't try to fight.

I attempted to leave with the chip, and go speak to Mr. House as he's the only kind-sounding person left who doesn't hate me. I had to leave it at the Legion fort, which is probably why the game isn't letting me say "Yes" to Mr. House.

Screw everything, I'm this close to going on an adventure to kill everyone in New Vegas. It seems like the only plausible solution now, since my friend is dead, my allies hate me, my enemies are using me, and my nemesis escaped.

What have I gotten myself into?

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11195 on: March 10, 2014, 12:46:27 pm »

You know you can talk to Marcus for the mercenary money and even get an extra 1000 caps off him?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11196 on: March 10, 2014, 12:56:13 pm »

What have I gotten myself into?

Politics.

If you're interested in working for Mr House:

On topic...
Not exactly a death, but damn well near it.
After obliterating enemies with fists, I decided it's time to go against Alduin for the first time. I'm pretty self-confident, with my enchanted light armour, my dragonbone bow does well over 200 dmg, so even the Deadly Dragons Expert-level Elder dragons fell pretty quickly, prompting me to get a set of heavy dragon armour for unarmed combat.
Anyways, I'm going against Alduin. Preparing for the worst, I equip my archery set. It barely chips off 5% of his HP with a critical, and you can only dmg him when he's suffering from Dragonrend anyways... Then he unleashes his frost breath. Stamina nullifies, HP halves (and I had some 300+ hp too, level 41).
I know my heavy armour has a perk which increases my already high magic resistance (my perk mod allows me to double racial abilities -> total of 50% spell resistance as a Breton). He still does 30% hp dmg with a single attack, and summons meteors.

I was forced to turn Deadly Dragons back down to Vanilla difficulty to defeat him, which I consider a death.
Then again, I'm playing a conjured-bow archer, until I got to dragon smithing which allowed me to make a far more powerful bow.
Also, my armour rating goes above 1k with heavy armour and around 600 with light, so I'm above the cap where it should even matter.

Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11197 on: March 10, 2014, 12:57:51 pm »

You know you can talk to Marcus for the mercenary money and even get an extra 1000 caps off him?

Or if you're feeling jerkish, you could ask for money then talk the mercs down. +1000 caps get :D

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11198 on: March 10, 2014, 01:14:26 pm »

Or if you're feeling jerkish, you could ask for money then talk the mercs down. +1000 caps get :D
2500 caps, actually. That's exactly what I did, hence the remark about generosity.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11199 on: March 10, 2014, 02:38:46 pm »

So "Standing alone against the darkness with your fists of steel" is not actually such a good idea.

Cataclysm DDA
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

mal7690

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a prerecorded message.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11200 on: March 10, 2014, 06:08:49 pm »

Sif is a very bad doggy and I suck at timing medium rolls for the one attack that actually can kill me when I wear armor. x10 (Dark Souls)

Basically from previous plays I figured out the best way for my "dex*" characters to beat Sif is to max poise while still having fast roll and don't mess up too much.  Which is basically cosplaying as a Undead Berg hollow with a better sword.  Trying this with a heavy str build resulted in death, as my attacks are much slower so my roll in, roll out strategy didn't work.  So I elected to max defense with medium roll and have been sucking with dodging, which isn't too bad except for his one full spin, which just BECAUSE I have lots of poise it hits me twice.

*I don't actually ever have str/dex/burn it with fire characters until around Sen's, I have get-enough-primary-stats-to-use-the-weapon-then-stack-only-endurance-and-weapon-upgrades-so-I-can-roll-more-characters. 
Cat heads, cat heads, roly poly cat heads,
Biting at the dorf necks, now I have dorf heads.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11201 on: March 10, 2014, 07:33:28 pm »

Just because the little spiders work great for training bolt magic doesn't mean the big ones do.

(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11202 on: March 10, 2014, 08:16:11 pm »

Sonic (me) VS. Kirby (my friend) in Temple, on that little platform on the very bottom of the stage.
We both had 1 stock left, about 50~ percent.
Trying to do Sonic's grab+backward throw, where he backflip piledrives whoever you've grabbed.
Kirby is Side Special (hammer)ing me constantly, but I keep dodging, looking for an opening.
Dodged to the right by accident, he happened to be hitting to the right.
Knocked me too far away to recover, and I lost.

SSBB
Black lives matter.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11203 on: March 10, 2014, 08:43:27 pm »

Hellfire Slave, Juggernaut, the...succubus looking thing, a few castings of combustion, and absolutely none of my few decent cards like Griffin Defenders or Blazing Glories. Shake well and you have a nice, fiery glass of broken gameplay.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11204 on: March 10, 2014, 10:19:03 pm »

Ah. So this game DOES have all the L4D zombies, including the Tank. Well, there goes my best character yet.

C: DDA
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 745 746 [747] 748 749 ... 1575