Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 742 743 [744] 745 746 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370376 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11145 on: March 05, 2014, 10:20:53 pm »

If you feel like offing a character, make a molotov and throw it at the filling stations at a gas station. It is AWESOME.
Ahh yes, even in the tutorial you soon learn that in Cataclysm: Never add fire to gasoline.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11146 on: March 05, 2014, 10:24:43 pm »

What are you talking about, Tir?

ALWAYS add fire to gasoline! It kills bucketloads of zombies and probably you too if you don't have a good enough arm/aim to be out of the blast radius. :3

Yeah, I like blowing up gas stations and driving big trucks into buildings. It's fun. :D
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11147 on: March 05, 2014, 10:27:15 pm »

*cough*
If you feel like offing a character, make a molotov and throw it at the filling stations at a gas station. It is AWESOME.
Ahh yes, even in the tutorial you soon learn that in Cataclysm: Never add fire to gasoline pump. Especially with a hand lighter.

That's how I died in my 10 or so first characters before I realized its combustibility in-game.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11148 on: March 05, 2014, 10:45:53 pm »

Played Hotline Miami.

Enough said.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11149 on: March 05, 2014, 11:04:00 pm »

@Tiruin: Still works for me!

@Sirus: ikr? I must've died like 50 million times when I played through it. :X

I'd better contribute, so here's one from today.

I hate 5-2 in Demon's Souls. I hate 5-1 as well, but 5-2 is uber cheap. There's nothing like playing a mobility/archer build who relies on not getting hit, and then getting stuck in a swamp that slows you to the point that you can't even fat-roll out of the way while two giant assholes pound you into jelly with great clubs. Ragequit. It's not even worth going back for the souls I lost.

So, yeah. Demon's Souls. I'm having fun with it otherwise.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11150 on: March 06, 2014, 01:21:21 am »

Takedown: Red Sabre with two friends in a semi-LAN session. Died repeatedly. From gunfire. A lot of gunfire.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11151 on: March 06, 2014, 02:37:40 am »

I'm assuming this is like Pandemic 2, the trick as said by Reudh is slow and steady. Coughing should be enough for subtle infection, then when you want to slowly kill get fever and sell off sweating. Now the fever is lethal but you won't kill all your hosts. Great for a speed run as you can gain more points and more symptoms if you have infected every country.
Yeah, but it randomly mutates yo gain symptoms, faster the more points you have in transmission. Not so great when it decided to evolve paralysis or something early.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11152 on: March 06, 2014, 10:13:37 am »

*cough*
Ahh yes, even in the tutorial you soon learn that in Cataclysm: Never add fire to gasoline pump. Especially with a hand lighter.

That's how I died in my 10 or so first characters before I realized its combustibility in-game.

Yeah, one of my earlier characters, I misclicked in my inventory and attempted to apply a container to a gas pump. It wouldn't have worked anyway, but I pressed Lighter instead.

RIP Barney Simpson. You lived for 22 hours.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Endymion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11153 on: March 06, 2014, 02:55:17 pm »

So there comes a point in the game where I know I'm dead. My opponent had a Y'sera out on the field, and had buffed it to be a 4/24 and gotten 2 cards out of it. I had absolutely no way of solving this problem, so though I wouldn't necessarily be dead next turn, it was just a matter of time.

I did, however, have my own priest combo ready to play in my hand. So I decided to forfeit in the most awesome way possible. I doubled my opponent's Y'sera's health twice, then set its power to be equal to its health. The result being a 96/96.

And thus I managed to go from full health to -66 instantly.

Game is Hearthstone. My priest deck is crap and I know it, but those evil daily quests have me persisting.
Watching Wizard of Oz while listening to Dark Side of the Moon on shuffle.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #11154 on: March 06, 2014, 03:15:46 pm »

I thought I could take a few spiders. Turns out, webbing is cumulative. "Your hero can't do anything for 5 turns."

Eador MotBW
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11155 on: March 06, 2014, 05:55:53 pm »

Fucking dragons
Fucking forest dragons
Fucking forest dragons and their poison breath
Fucking forest dragons and their invisible poison breath
Fucking forest dragons and their invisible poison breath that bypasses magic resistance

Actually, forest dragons aren't that bad. When you are mage in heavy armor it's the lightning breathing dragons that fuck your game up, preventing you from using magic from safe distance and forcing you to try and bash it's skull in with steel mace. While said dragon can toss you over building with flick of it's tail. When I buy proudspire manor I will have that dragons skull on my wall.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11156 on: March 06, 2014, 07:19:09 pm »

I thought I could take a few significantly underleveled spiders. Turns out, webbing is cumulative and impossible to dodge. "Your heroes can't do anything for 5 turns."

Wizardry 8
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11157 on: March 06, 2014, 08:22:15 pm »

@Tiruin: Still works for me!

@Sirus: ikr? I must've died like 50 million times when I played through it. :X

I'd better contribute, so here's one from today.

I hate 5-2 in Demon's Souls. I hate 5-1 as well, but 5-2 is uber cheap. There's nothing like playing a mobility/archer build who relies on not getting hit, and then getting stuck in a swamp that slows you to the point that you can't even fat-roll out of the way while two giant assholes pound you into jelly with great clubs. Ragequit. It's not even worth going back for the souls I lost.

So, yeah. Demon's Souls. I'm having fun with it otherwise.

Demon souls: something not dark souls to rage at.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11158 on: March 06, 2014, 08:38:27 pm »

It was pissing me off SO much earlier today. I normally don't talk to myself but while trying to get through 5-2 (and 4-1 with a strength-build greatsword character) I was mumbling 'bullfuckingshit' and 'oh yeah well fuck you too' pretty much the entire time. >.> Better than chucking a controller I guess. I hate those freaking stormbeasts in 4-1. They're impossible to hit with Soul Arrow or similar spells and you only have a 10% chance at best to hit them with arrows whether or not you lead the shot because of how erratically they move. That and lock-on wants to target the stormbeast above and behind me, just over an overhang where I can't see him, instead of the greatsword-using skeleton in front of me so that when I try to dodge right I get spun around and dodge to what was formerly my left//the cliff's edge. >.<

Demon's Souls. I'm going to beat this damn game.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11159 on: March 07, 2014, 04:10:18 am »

I thought I could take a few significantly underleveled spiders. Turns out, webbing is cumulative and impossible to dodge. "Your heroes can't do anything for 5 turns."

Wizardry 8

It's an amazingly useful spell though, even in the late game. But you will know its full power and despair before the end. Fucking Trynton.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 742 743 [744] 745 746 ... 1575