Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 741 742 [743] 744 745 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370515 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11130 on: March 05, 2014, 03:57:01 pm »

Decided to stray from my usual character creation template and try to recreate myself.  Near sighted, far sighted,(I actually am both too, one in each eye), jittery, lightweight, fast reader, with low strength, perception and average intelligence, but starting with lv 4 in computers, lv 3 in electronics, 2 in driving, 2 in swimming, 2 in mechanics.

I was proud of myself.  Then I opened the door out of the shelter and got flattened by a moose barely a map tile away.  Clearly this is why I live in Florida, I am a bloodthirsty moose magnet.

Cataclysm: DDA
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11131 on: March 05, 2014, 04:18:26 pm »

I faced a choice. Death by tapeworm, or possible death by vomiting myself to starvation.

I vomited, hoping the worm would come up. I starved to death with a tapeworm still inside me.

CLIVAN

I've died in IVAN3D before by dissolving in a pool of my own vomit to extract a tapeworm.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11132 on: March 05, 2014, 04:26:11 pm »

I faced a choice. Death by tapeworm, or possible death by vomiting myself to starvation.

I vomited, hoping the worm would come up. I starved to death with a tapeworm still inside me.

CLIVAN

I've died in IVAN3D before by dissolving in a pool of my own vomit to extract a tapeworm.
O-o
Don't tapeworms stay in the...well, intestines rather than any place you could reasonably vomit?!
That's...just scary.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11133 on: March 05, 2014, 04:28:10 pm »

CLIVAN
Could you provide a link to CLIVAN? I've been trying to find it, but with no success.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #11134 on: March 05, 2014, 05:23:02 pm »

CLIVAN
Could you provide a link to CLIVAN? I've been trying to find it, but with no success.
Here you go.

On topic: I took down an Airacobra in a steep dive, but when I wanted to pull up I noticed one of my elevators got damaged. I didn't even manage to jump out in time.

War Thunder
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 05:28:17 pm by EagleV »
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11135 on: March 05, 2014, 06:49:54 pm »

I killed every host. Accidental lethal mutations are helpful, but not when you have half the world left to infect. Anyway, through careful tweaking of transmission and resistances I managed to get into every country, but then I randomly evolved total organ failure and killed everybody. Fuck.

Plague Inc. I hate the RNG. So much.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11136 on: March 05, 2014, 07:28:17 pm »

I killed every host. Accidental lethal mutations are helpful, but not when you have half the world left to infect. Anyway, through careful tweaking of transmission and resistances I managed to get into every country, but then I randomly evolved total organ failure and killed everybody. Fuck.

Plague Inc. I hate the RNG. So much.

Easiest way is to have no symptoms at all, and just put points into spread and resistance, then let it harmlessly infect everyone. You'd now have some points to pump into the incredibly obvious but dangerous symptoms, but by now it's too late for humanity.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11137 on: March 05, 2014, 07:32:24 pm »

I'm assuming this is like Pandemic 2, the trick as said by Reudh is slow and steady. Coughing should be enough for subtle infection, then when you want to slowly kill get fever and sell off sweating. Now the fever is lethal but you won't kill all your hosts. Great for a speed run as you can gain more points and more symptoms if you have infected every country.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11138 on: March 05, 2014, 07:44:49 pm »

I got very, very lost. I actually got to the dam before I even got to the troll room. I might have been able to wander out and finally get out of that one room where you can't tell which direction you're going in, but I ragequit before I could starve or get eaten by a grue.

Zork.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11139 on: March 05, 2014, 07:52:35 pm »

I was in an I-16 chasing the last enemy Ki-10 in a realistic battle. The game had been going on for almost 10 minutes already and I was the last player on my team, other than an AI I-15. After refueling and rearming, I set out to shoot down the Ki-10. I found it and gave chase, slowly gaining on it. I realized that it was an AI, and was flying in a giant circle, never changing course. No matter how much power I put into my engine, I could not catch up with it. After almost 20 minutes of inching ever closer to it (if I wasn't on WEP, it would somehow increase the distance, if I was on WEP, my engine would overheat) I finally got within 1 kilometer. I suddenly see my engine stop and realise I hadn't been watching my fuel. I crash and explode in the forest below. The spectator camera shows that the AI on my team is endlessly circling as well.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, how much fuel do AI have?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11140 on: March 05, 2014, 08:57:56 pm »

I've now learned a few cool tricks in Cataclysm: DDA, mainly by constantly referring the the control mapping screen and (a)pplying every item in my inventory to see what it can do. For instance, apparently you can cut up zombie clothes into rags with a knife.

So I made it to a gas station and figured "Hey, I have a rag, a glass bottle, and a lighter. Can I make a molotov?" Sure enough, after filling a few containers with gas, the option to craft one did appear in the menu. So I took it. Then I ran to the nearest house to test it. I ducked in to funnel the zeds through the doorway before tossing it. They were pretty much all instantly killed, and the rest kept running into the flames like a bunch of mindless corpses. "Well, this is cool" I thought.

Then I noticed the fire had begun to spread. And holy crap it spread fast. It was right behind me as I ran for the nearest window, and as I was opening the window it overtook me.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11141 on: March 05, 2014, 09:00:39 pm »

If you feel like offing a character, make a molotov and throw it at the filling stations at a gas station. It is AWESOME.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11142 on: March 05, 2014, 09:01:24 pm »

In Cata DDA, you can literally eventually light a whole house on fire with one swipe of a lighter against a wall. Burnt down houses give tons of nails and rebar though.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11143 on: March 05, 2014, 09:02:16 pm »

Also, how much fuel do AI have?

If it's anything like ammo on AI in other video games, the answer is all of it.  It's a really lazy thing for big companies to do, they make AI forget that they have ammo counts, or fuel gauges, or the need to breathe, but it happens all of the time.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11144 on: March 05, 2014, 10:15:04 pm »

Yeah...
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 741 742 [743] 744 745 ... 1575