Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 740 741 [742] 743 744 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370235 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11115 on: March 03, 2014, 05:00:35 pm »

It's a rebalanced version, with slightly more clicking.

Also, somewhat more events and options, but really not that different.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11116 on: March 03, 2014, 06:00:25 pm »

88 humans survived the plague in fucking goddamned piece of shit Greenland. Fucking Greenland.

Plague Inc. Evolved
Quick question: Is it that much different from pandemic? Because I put off buying it because the video made it look near-identical.
It's a rebalanced version, with slightly more clicking.

Also, somewhat more events and options, but really not that different.

It's a rebalanced version of Plague, Inc - which was released for tablets and phones

It's severely advanced from the days of Pandemic, if you're referring to the fantastic flash game that was inspiration for Plague, Inc. Compared to Pandemic it has better disease spread, events to alter the spread of the plague, different disease types, etc.

What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #11117 on: March 04, 2014, 05:07:11 am »

Had a crew of at least 4, maybe 5? 2 Engi, 1 Human, 1 Mantis and IIRC 1 Zoltan. Easy mode. Basic Engi ship. Starter ion weapon, beam pike and Heavy Laser Mark I. System repair drone and anti-ship drone I&II (either using I or II, not both at the same time). Shields up to level 2, can't remember augmentations (apart from the starting one).

One sector before this one, I met a quite dangerous Mantis ship. After prolonged battle, they decided to flee but as they did that in a big hurry, I got the option to track their poorly masked jump-path and I did so.
So I go to next sector (6th, I think, maybe 7th?). There's a quest mark right at the end of it, one or two jumps away from the exit beacon.
I go to the quest marker.
Surprise, they have even bigger, better armed and shielded ship now!
And of course I got too cocky.
Should have jumped away as soon as possible. Granted, it would be hard with them boarding and causing massive havoc, but if I payed more attention, I think I could get away. Alas, it was not meant to be.

FTL: Faster Than Light
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11118 on: March 04, 2014, 01:36:53 pm »

Oh, nobody is able to research my disease any more! Lets reduce lethality so it can infect the rest of the world!

Apparently, despite nobody being able to research it, the decrease in lethality meant they finished researching it. Somehow. I count this as a victory, because the game just pulled that out of its ass.

Plague Inc.: evolved

If it goes like in Plague Inc. then lowering the complexity (meaning, unevolving symptoms, for example) will make the cure easier to research. And the game calculates that by lowering points required. But not points they already have. (Happened to me too, 95% cure research -> dropped Total Organ Failure because of mass deaths, researched one of the cold res things to get Greenland -> Instant loss.)
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11119 on: March 04, 2014, 01:41:57 pm »

So I tried this Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead thingy that everyone was talking about. "Surrounded Start" is NOT smart.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11120 on: March 04, 2014, 03:36:07 pm »

So I tried this Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead thingy that everyone was talking about. "Surrounded Start" is NOT smart.
This will be fun to watch. If you don't mind some spoilerific tips:
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11121 on: March 04, 2014, 08:16:39 pm »

I started a new game, as a senior citizen who knows Judo and has bashing weapons skill. It felt pretty awesome to beat a cougar to death with a cane. Then I found a car, and the controls said press ^ to drive. So I did. Well, it soon turned out that I actually have no idea how to drive in this game, so that car quickly wound up in the river and I apparently sank like a stone from carrying the cat's corpse.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11122 on: March 04, 2014, 08:19:12 pm »

Huh. Sounds like Cataclysm's updated since the last time I looked into it. Maybe I should download the latest version.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11123 on: March 04, 2014, 10:26:51 pm »

So the match had devolved into chaotic teamfights. Nobody wanted to be alone, because a severely overfed Vayne could wreck anybody who was travelling by themselves. While charging up mid lane for the next teamfight, our jungler announces that they've gotten Baron Nashor and are probably going for dragon. Everybody panics, forms up in the center of the map, and moves down the river.

All five of the enemy champions were standing a single patch of brush. Whoever wasn't instantly destroyed got killed while limping back to base. By the time any of us respawned, there was nothing we could do.

And that, children, is why you never face-check when you know the enemy team is all going to be in the same place.

League of Legends.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11124 on: March 05, 2014, 12:56:46 am »

I was travelling along a prairie when I get the message. "The demon lord approaches and is protected by 15 barriers!"
Me: "Oh crap, I'm in no condition to fight this guy at only lvl 4... Wait a second! I have a bomb! I'll throw it at him!"

Suffice to say the bomb ended up blowing up in my face killing me instantly when I tried to throw it at him.  :-\

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11125 on: March 05, 2014, 12:32:01 pm »

So I was fighting a K-9 with my newly-spawned military recruit with +2 to cutting and a combat knife.

207 misses and 27 dodges (on my part) later, and I finally bled to death.
Fucking K-9's.

Cataclysm: DDA
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 12:57:02 pm by WhitiusOpus »
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11126 on: March 05, 2014, 12:37:14 pm »

So I was fighting a K-9 with my newly-spawned military recruit with +2 to cutting and a combat knife.

207 misses and 27 dodges (on my part) later, and I finally bled to death.
Fucking K-9's.
Name of the game, dude.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11127 on: March 05, 2014, 12:38:25 pm »

I'm guessing C:DDA?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11128 on: March 05, 2014, 12:57:16 pm »

WHUPS. Yeah, it was.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #11129 on: March 05, 2014, 01:33:10 pm »

Not a Code Black, but painful nonetheless:

Started up a new Classic Ironman campaign last night and things were going well. Very few deaths, lots of successful missions, and my base was filling in nicely with newly created Mech and Bio facilities. I then went on a Difficult abduction mission. Going on this mission were my new support-skilled MEC trooper (with high stats), a Squaddie Heavy with amazing stats, a Squaddie Assault with good stats, and a squaddie Sniper with decent stats.

Mission was at the Paper factory, which either goes really well or really poorly for me.

Move in cautiously and find a group of Floaters off in the parking lot. Ok, no big deal (although it is the first I've seen those guys this campaign). We move up and gun them down no problem. Unfortunately they were guarding a Meld canister that had way too few turns on it, so I lost that one. I then moved up to building to see about finding the rest of the aliens and the other Meld container.

Now, at this point my Fiancee came home, and I really should have just quit. But, not, the mission was going well and I just had to keep playing. With my attention split between a conversation with her and the game. The game got jealous.

My next turn revealed a group of Seekers on my Right, who promptly stealthed, and a wandering group of Floaters coming around the Building on my Left. While I'm in the middle of a parking lot with no real good positions to fall back to and a bunch of cover that's likely to explode if it gets a blast of plasma. I've since come up with about three or four really tactically intelligent things I should have done. But I was talking and only giving the game half my attention, so I did none of those. No, instead I got into a firefight with the aliens. Half my guys in partial cover, invisible aliens swooping in to incapacitate people...oh, and I forgot that my MEC had the Support skill (Extra defense for nearby allies) and not the Heavy skill (Extra defense from the closest enemy, which my main MEC from my last campaign had). So Instead of using him to help keep everyone safe, I had him running around blasting aliens and trying to punch things.

End result:
My very, very promising Heavy dead (55 will and 81 aim as a Squaddie :( )
My bog-standard sniper dead (slow and with only ok stats, but still my closest to getting a corporal sniper)
0 Canisters of MELD captured
Both my assault and MEC trooper heavily damaged.

X-Com: Enemy Within
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 740 741 [742] 743 744 ... 1575