Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 737 738 [739] 740 741 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369782 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11070 on: February 26, 2014, 06:13:15 pm »

The boss fight in the room full of muscle-statues. So many many deaths and unskippable cutscenes. The cutscene still makes me giggle when I watch it though, so it's not so tiresome.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11071 on: February 26, 2014, 07:16:43 pm »

Driving to a mission, cut through the brush to avoid an enemy camp just to be safe.  But as I get back on the road there's a car barreling towards the camp.  It rams me, so I hop to the turret... but then TWO cars from the camp ram me from the back and side.

I manage to take out all three drivers and all three gunners, but as I limp out of my burning car and start bandaging my leg, one of the foot-soldiers from the camp gets close enough for a smg bullet to actually hit.

Far Cry 2.  I'm *still* enjoying this.  I can see why the rapidly-respawning camps annoy people, but I don't mind the danger.  What I do mind is that I can sneak up on the sniper outside of camp, knife him, and the entire camp instantly fires on my location.  I have the camo-suit, a dart-rifle, and a silenced smg, but all of these things apparently mean nothing at all as soon as anyone dies.

Edit: Alright, that's not fair.  The enemies lose my position pretty rapidly when I go for cover.  They alert easily but don't magically track my position.  It's also a *lot* easier to get spotted than in Farcry 3, of course.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 07:25:13 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11072 on: February 26, 2014, 09:28:24 pm »

So I tried that other Roguelike. What the hell is a Gastronok and why is it wearing that hat?

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #11073 on: February 26, 2014, 09:37:15 pm »

So I tried that other Roguelike. What the hell is a Gastronok and why is it wearing that hat?

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup

Funny story, usually the hat is a Hat of Intelligence, and is offered as the only reason that elephant slug is smart enough to be a spellcaster.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11074 on: February 26, 2014, 09:37:31 pm »

SS13: I'm the mime, sadly don't get traitor, which means that my job is essentially being annoying. I decide to be a vampire. I knock a few people over in the halls, suck their blood. This includes the Head of Security, who manages to electrocute herself chasing me. I steal her ID, go to the armory, inject myself with an explosive implant, leave. I try to knock over someone else, but a security guard happens to see, and manages to stun me. I'm handcuffed, dragged to brig. I serve my time, and naturally, immediately upon getting out, I knock over someone standing outside the cell and suck their blood. I get shot with a stun gun again. Earlier, someone doused me with welder fuel for unexplained reasons, and now the detective decides to fight me with her lighter. I catch on fire, and trigger the explosive implant to maintain the masquerade, destroying my body and Alejandra's eardrums.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11075 on: February 26, 2014, 10:00:36 pm »

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup

Funny story, usually the hat is a Hat of Intelligence, and is offered as the only reason that elephant slug is smart enough to be a spellcaster.
Gastronok nom'd a wizard and wore his hat.
Life story there.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11076 on: February 26, 2014, 10:22:57 pm »

...So there's only one of him per game?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11077 on: February 26, 2014, 10:43:03 pm »

...So there's only one of him per game?
Yeah, Gastronok, like pretty much every named creature is unique, which means that you will only ever see one of him in a game.

For the most part unique creatures are pretty deadly (especially if you don't know their powers), so its probably best to check the knowledge bot whenever you see one, since you have no other way to know if they are wimpy or deadly.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11078 on: February 26, 2014, 11:09:21 pm »

The boss fight in the room full of muscle-statues. So many many deaths and unskippable cutscenes. The cutscene still makes me giggle when I watch it though, so it's not so tiresome.

If you want to get through the fight there's an easy way.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11079 on: February 27, 2014, 05:08:16 am »

I captured some Russian AT guns from the Koreans and turned them against them. Sadly the guns had difficulty penetrating the armor of a T-34 and the T-34s managed to wreck their shit, which i kind of expected. I had infantry with AT launchers hiding, in hold fire mode, but when the crew of one of the T-34s jumped out they disregarded their orders and opened fire with their rifles, to which the remaining 3 T-34s took offense.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 05:12:48 am by Steelmagic »
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #11080 on: February 27, 2014, 08:19:48 am »

Men of War is a very fun game, but I feel it's very RNG based sometimes, which is a problem when you can't afford to lose anything.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11081 on: February 27, 2014, 08:20:36 am »

Ran out of time fighting Rathalos. Twice. LAND ALREADY YOU FLYING BAG OF DICKS.

Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11082 on: February 27, 2014, 12:07:47 pm »

Double battle.  Trying out a potential sawsbuck build in battle maison before bringing it online.

Down to sawsbuck and my low hp toxic'd mega charizard Y vs a very weak scrafty and honchcrow.  Scrafty charges up a focus punch while my charizard heat waves, and my sawsbuck uses jump kick on the honchcrow.  But the honchcrow used protect!

Not only did sawsbuck hit himself for half hp for jump kicking a protect, charizard's heat wave missed the scrafty, allowing him to take out Sawsbuck.  Fortunately the inferno from a Grass-Fire pledge combo used with my sceptile earlier in the battle finished off scrafty at the end of the turn.

Char will die next turn from the poison, but he's faster than honchcrow and should be able to finish it off.  So I use fire pledge for the accuracy.
...honchcrow protected again....and it worked (using protect multiple times in a row halves the success rate) Char's attack was blocked, and he died from poison immediately after.
Battle Maison Cheats.

Pokemon Y
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11083 on: February 27, 2014, 12:42:32 pm »

Brings back memories. Had the exact same problem, especially since I was a lance user. I was close to nailing him once. Then he decided to start flying all over the damn map and I didn't find him again for literally 20 minutes.
You may want to get a more damaging weapon against him, either thunder or dragon if you find time a problem. Eventually you'll learn its patterns though, then he becomes one of the easiest enemies (as long as you pray he doesn't start doing his fly-around-the-area-forever attack more than once in a hunt. Tri Ultimate actually seems to have it less now)
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11084 on: February 27, 2014, 01:25:56 pm »

Brings back memories. Had the exact same problem, especially since I was a lance user. I was close to nailing him once. Then he decided to start flying all over the damn map and I didn't find him again for literally 20 minutes.
You may want to get a more damaging weapon against him, either thunder or dragon if you find time a problem. Eventually you'll learn its patterns though, then he becomes one of the easiest enemies (as long as you pray he doesn't start doing his fly-around-the-area-forever attack more than once in a hunt. Tri Ultimate actually seems to have it less now)
I was using the Lagiacrus switchaxe. I managed to beat him though, I completely forgot about psychoserums and how useful they are when you run out of paintballs.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.
Pages: 1 ... 737 738 [739] 740 741 ... 1574