Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 735 736 [737] 738 739 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369975 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11040 on: February 23, 2014, 10:54:20 pm »

Onyx doesnt evolve like others, but hes not baaaad if rock makes you happy.

If I want rock, I get Kabuto.

But, typically I snag pokemon weak to psychic (thanks to poison type)

Nidoking/haunter ftw.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11041 on: February 23, 2014, 11:00:42 pm »

Onyx doesnt evolve like others, but hes not baaaad if rock makes you happy.

If I want rock, I get Kabuto.

But, typically I snag pokemon weak to psychic (thanks to poison type)

Nidoking/haunter ftw.

I like rock to deal with overworld mons, which are usually normal types. They also make great damage sponges while I'm busy using items or doing other things.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #11042 on: February 23, 2014, 11:52:25 pm »

Clan Arena. Dredwerkz. Score of 9-9. I'm one of the last two members of my team, against 2 of Red. I come out on top of a sniping perch right as an enemy walks by, unaware of my presence. Since my sniping is shit, I take a hop down and try to rocket jump over to him, anticipating an easy kill. The game glitches so I'm facing down for two seconds. I flail wildly with the mouse, attempting to line up the shot anyway. I accidentally close the browser.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11043 on: February 23, 2014, 11:54:11 pm »

Level 13 Onix versus six mons in their low-to-mid 20s. I start out with Pidgeot because I want to capture this guy. I get him down to critical health, no problem. From around 10 HP, he manages to destroy Pidgeot, Beedrill and Weepinbell, and I end up wasting ten effing pokeballs including a great ball on him. I caught him, but I had to rush back to the pokecenter in shame.

Pokemon Blue. I have the feeling that after all that, Onix is going to be just as disappointing as Beedrill...

Oh god, Onix and his low capture rate. In Sapphire, I always reserved the first Dusk Ball for an Onix - only way to capture them with any decent reliability. And, of course, there were no Dusk Balls back in Blue...

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11044 on: February 24, 2014, 12:43:32 am »

Over and over again my party of rookie adventurers will wander the town halls and surrounding mountains looking for monsters, find some and be beaten up by a group of, say,  6 Goblins and 8 Minor Demons.

The Goblins? Pff, not even worth mentioning they're so easy. Minor Demons? Kill both my melee troops in 2 rounds, regenerate after they're killed and have about 60 hitpoints as well.

Dammit Might and Magic, why are you so inconsistent with monster difficulty?

Might and Magic 1.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11045 on: February 24, 2014, 01:29:16 am »

Bah. I wasted over thirty pokeballs, and two great balls on a dugtrio. At critical health. That was all the pokeballs I had. Man I was furious. Up until then I had had a 100% capture rate. One pokeball per pokemon. Anyway, my death. Don't fuck with Flargl. Damn they hit like rocket propelled eighteen wheelers.

Hazordhu II.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11046 on: February 24, 2014, 05:58:20 pm »

Level 13 Onix versus six mons in their low-to-mid 20s. I start out with Pidgeot because I want to capture this guy. I get him down to critical health, no problem. From around 10 HP, he manages to destroy Pidgeot, Beedrill and Weepinbell, and I end up wasting ten effing pokeballs including a great ball on him. I caught him, but I had to rush back to the pokecenter in shame.

Pokemon Blue. I have the feeling that after all that, Onix is going to be just as disappointing as Beedrill...

Oh god, Onix and his low capture rate. In Sapphire, I always reserved the first Dusk Ball for an Onix - only way to capture them with any decent reliability. And, of course, there were no Dusk Balls back in Blue...

In later generations with the assistance of a certain item, Onix has the highest Defense at level 100 of all pokemon.

But his base attack is pathetic, as low as Butterfree's. (Base 45).

Get him to sponge any physical attack (in gen 1, that's basically Normal, Fighting, Rock, Ground and Flying) and he'll shrug it off.  He's also moderately fast for a defensive pokemon.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11047 on: February 24, 2014, 09:19:29 pm »

Turned a corner, Mossberg 500 ready to light up the Gray on the other side. Realizing it was either him or both of us, he fired his grenade launcher into my face from two feet away.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11048 on: February 24, 2014, 09:25:15 pm »

A bear broke through my window ~2 a.m. and ate my torso.

Before that, a bunch of giant bees, skeletons, zombies, and other nefarious evildoers ate my torso.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11049 on: February 24, 2014, 09:40:03 pm »

Not quite a death, but I discovered I'd been a complete idiot. The Pegasus Boots became available as a reward for sneaking up on a guy... roughly after the first dungeon. I assumed you needed the Pegasus Boots to catch him, and completely ignored him until finishing all the dungeons and beginning my end-game 100% completion. Only then did I realize I'd played nearly 90% of the game without my primary mobility tool.

So many ram-able objects ignored for so long. So many lengthy walks taken for no reason...  :'(

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11050 on: February 25, 2014, 02:12:27 am »

Not a real death but the end result is the same: rushing back to the Pokemon Center after a level 17 Graveler wiped the floor with most of my party, except for my severely overleveled Wartortle and Kadabra.

Training is really starting to get tedious, since I didn't pick very good Pokemon to build my A-team on: Pidgeotto, Weepinbell, Graveler, Kadabra, Wartortle and a Beedrill that I'm trying to replace with Vulpix, or Onix, or Pikachu, or anything except another bloody Bug type. To get anywhere that has an Electric-type from Lavender though, I'd have to either go through the Rock Cave and overlevel my Wartortle even more or start fighting trainers that I don't have the right type of 'mons to counter unless I cheese Kadabra (which I've been avoiding due to over/underleveling issues).

Pokemon Blue.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 02:14:00 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11051 on: February 25, 2014, 02:46:37 am »

A bunch of teeny tiny freaking flowerpot men wiped the floor with me. Turns out teeny tiny grass dudes know paralysing powder. Awesome.

Bravely Default
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11052 on: February 25, 2014, 05:45:16 am »

Not a real death but the end result is the same: rushing back to the Pokemon Center after a level 17 Graveler wiped the floor with most of my party, except for my severely overleveled Wartortle and Kadabra.

Training is really starting to get tedious, since I didn't pick very good Pokemon to build my A-team on: Pidgeotto, Weepinbell, Graveler, Kadabra, Wartortle and a Beedrill that I'm trying to replace with Vulpix, or Onix, or Pikachu, or anything except another bloody Bug type. To get anywhere that has an Electric-type from Lavender though, I'd have to either go through the Rock Cave and overlevel my Wartortle even more or start fighting trainers that I don't have the right type of 'mons to counter unless I cheese Kadabra (which I've been avoiding due to over/underleveling issues).

Pokemon Blue.

Get rid of Beedrill, it's dead weight. The rest are fine.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11053 on: February 25, 2014, 06:01:50 am »

...you didn't take the time to grab a pikachu in the forest? I know it's not much better than the bugs, but it's fast and has a type advantage to several common mons trainers use (birds/water types/things with low special).

If you're doing a Nuzlocke run, though, I can understand why. Your chances of your first mon in the forest being a pika is pretty damn low...
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11054 on: February 25, 2014, 12:44:52 pm »

Going on a 1-man rampage (admittedly on the lowest difficulty) I go very far, get huge amounts of credits, and many good weapons. Then a T-rex hits me with a rock and there's nothing around for me to kill for second wind.

ORION: Dino Horde
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 735 736 [737] 738 739 ... 1574