Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370227 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11025 on: February 21, 2014, 09:20:21 pm »

The only one I could see is ORION: Dino Horde. I'd assume it's that one?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11026 on: February 21, 2014, 09:25:07 pm »

Yep.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11027 on: February 22, 2014, 12:03:00 pm »

The campaign is such bullshit. Every time, the enemy starts overrunning my provinces, and immediately places a guard of ironically incorruptible thieves and brigands that I have no chance in hell of beating. Meanwhile, the only guard I can ever build is the single Adventurer's contract from the tavern. No win situation.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yeah, that's your fault. There are like a bajillion different buildings that give you guards. You should get at least one of them as soon as possible.
Wrong. Can't build any of those yet until I win me some shards that let me. It's the first shard I'm trying to win I'm getting my ass handed to me on.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11028 on: February 22, 2014, 12:14:56 pm »

The campaign is such bullshit. Every time, the enemy starts overrunning my provinces, and immediately places a guard of ironically incorruptible thieves and brigands that I have no chance in hell of beating. Meanwhile, the only guard I can ever build is the single Adventurer's contract from the tavern. No win situation.

Yeah, that's your fault. There are like a bajillion different buildings that give you guards. You should get at least one of them as soon as possible.
Wrong. Can't build any of those yet until I win me some shards that let me. It's the first shard I'm trying to win I'm getting my ass handed to me on.
Actually, you can. Build an armory, then a practice hall. This will allow you to buy "recruit" guards, which are a mix of soldiers made of about half peasants and half swordsmen/pikemen/brigands/thieves. They're almost useless, but better than nothing and will soften up an enemy lord, perhaps enough to halt the attack if one of your lords occupy the province. The only problem is that you need iron, redwood, and horses to build all three without the huge price markups.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11029 on: February 22, 2014, 12:19:58 pm »

Still can't. Didn't have those at the very begining of the campaign. I checked, by using a memory hack to give myself ludicrous amounts of gold and built everything. I only won because I kept throwing resurrected heroes at them.

I think I got that building after the second or third shard I took in this manner.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11030 on: February 22, 2014, 12:23:28 pm »

Still can't. Didn't have those at the very begining of the campaign. I checked, by using a memory hack to give myself ludicrous amounts of gold and built everything. I only won because I kept throwing resurrected heroes at them.

I think I got that building after the second or third shard I took in this manner.
You should be able to, unless there's more differences than I know of between difficulty levels. The armory requires a forge and a workshop, the practice halls require an armory and a stable, all of which a brand-new player should be capable of building. I'm assaulting my first shard right now and I can build it just fine.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11031 on: February 23, 2014, 10:48:21 am »

Dat cyborg ninja. Why you roundhouse-kick me all the time?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11032 on: February 23, 2014, 10:56:45 am »

I grabbed a grenade launcher and some grenades, then forgot it was a grenade launcher and shot the zombie right next to me.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11033 on: February 23, 2014, 11:44:56 am »

Not the most recent death, but...
Had to clear out some German gun trenches. I blow up the last one, then hit a check point. Immediately, 4 or 5 Germans open up on me, and I'm down before I could reach cover to regenerate. I had 4 or 5 guys behind me for backup. As I lay dying, one of them actually fired a single shot. He missed.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11034 on: February 23, 2014, 12:59:06 pm »

First mission.   Alpha has two riflemen and a support gunner, bravo has a rifleman and an AT gunner, and charlie is a single sniper.   Our objective is to clear out a camp, and then clear out the caves, with the optional objective of taking the leader alive.   The first part goes well.  I decide to play as the sniper, with the idea that I will have a better view of the battlefield and not be in as much danger.   We sweep the outlying area, killing all enemies before they even know we are there.   Then comes the assualt on the camp.   I set myself up where I have a view of four enemies, alpha team sneaks up on the eastern side of the camp, while bravo takes up position near the west.   I then start the assault.   I quickly kill two of the guards, and then give the order for the rest to attack.   Unfortunatly, I am not used to the game's interface, and while trying to figure out how to cancel Bravo's order to run into an open field I get shot.   I go to alpha, and go into the camp.  The person behind me is killed by fire from someplace, and I follow shortly after.    I go to bravo, and am almost immidiatly killed upon rounding a tent.  The AT gunner behind me shares the same fate.   I go to the support gunner in alpha, and just open fire on whatever might constitute a person, destroying many tree leaves in the process.  I kill a single guard, and I am then killed.   
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11035 on: February 23, 2014, 07:43:42 pm »

Didn't actually die, but got very close. Walked up to a patrolling DMC guard to talk to him, and got shot 5 times with a .45. Managed to escape and bandage myself, but came down with Sepsis. The treatment and recovery period cost me 1000 dollars, and I was down to 10 dollars when I was finally recovered enough to go back out scavenging.

A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11036 on: February 23, 2014, 08:29:07 pm »

Curbstomped by a hell knight after misinterpreting 'oldschool Doom' for 'easier'.

Brutal Doom with Reverie mod
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11037 on: February 23, 2014, 08:33:22 pm »

Rooftop position + medium range + inaccurate LMG + a dozen enemies in sight + 100% accuracy on the AI = nope.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #11038 on: February 23, 2014, 08:38:26 pm »

Alright, so plot-wise I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing or when the next boss is gonna be, so I decide to train and see how high I can get in Tartartus.  Eventually I hit some tough enemies blocking my way, but I've fought ones like them before so I decide to fight them.

They are weak to nothing and their resistances make it so that only 2 characters(not including me) can do any damage at all.  One of THOSE characters can't fight due to plot things and my best Persona to attack them with is weak to one of their attacks which they used MALICIOUSLY.  Did I mention that there are 3 of them and they can heal each other?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11039 on: February 23, 2014, 10:46:53 pm »

Level 13 Onix versus six mons in their low-to-mid 20s. I start out with Pidgeot because I want to capture this guy. I get him down to critical health, no problem. From around 10 HP, he manages to destroy Pidgeot, Beedrill and Weepinbell, and I end up wasting ten effing pokeballs including a great ball on him. I caught him, but I had to rush back to the pokecenter in shame.

Pokemon Blue. I have the feeling that after all that, Onix is going to be just as disappointing as Beedrill...
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 1575