Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 730 731 [732] 733 734 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370541 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10965 on: February 17, 2014, 03:29:14 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #10966 on: February 17, 2014, 03:47:05 am »

It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10967 on: February 17, 2014, 09:40:47 am »

Barroth. Fucking hate it when I'm trying to dodge the charge attack and I just BARELY get hit. That's okay though, I retried the quest after I lost and turned that stupid rock T-rex into clothes. I'm kinda scared of what fighting Gobul will be like.

Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10968 on: February 17, 2014, 11:46:32 am »

Barroth. Fucking hate it when I'm trying to dodge the charge attack and I just BARELY get hit. That's okay though, I retried the quest after I lost and turned that stupid rock T-rex into clothes. I'm kinda scared of what fighting Gobul will be like.

I hope you know how to fight in water. Definitely fish it out, at least you'll get a feel for its moves first.
I'm guessing this is your first playthrough, btw, sorry if I'm wrong.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Mrnocamera

• Bay Watcher
  • Qualified.... Something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10969 on: February 17, 2014, 11:54:26 am »

Dived out of a Adder going at top speed, went flying off the highway and skidded UNDER a truck trailer, then stopping and dying from getting run over by a BMX.

Professional shut-in

You don't need to be good at video games anyway, right?

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10970 on: February 17, 2014, 12:22:44 pm »

I hope you know how to fight in water. Definitely fish it out, at least you'll get a feel for its moves first.
I'm guessing this is your first playthrough, btw, sorry if I'm wrong.
Yeah, my first playthrough. I managed to beat Gobul on my first try, but I got carted twice and it took me 49 minutes.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #10971 on: February 17, 2014, 02:15:28 pm »

Accidentally somehow "read" a scroll of punishment while blind. I got surrounded by jackals and a giant bat or something, and I couldn't make it to the stairs without dying because of the ball and chain. I elbereth'd quickly and quaffed a potion of speed, then immediately ran to the stairs.

Then I tripped and fell, causing the ball to apparently crush my head.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10972 on: February 17, 2014, 02:25:36 pm »

...I laughed harder at that than I should have. >.>
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10973 on: February 17, 2014, 02:43:29 pm »

An I-16 just can't beat a BF-109 F-1. I don't know why I was still trying to chase him down, but that I-153 he was after was my last teammate. In only a few seconds, he was gone too. Now I was outnumbered 7:1 and outgunned by the He112s and BF 109s. I decided I would try  to get one last kill on this BF-109 that just killed my teammate, but he was just speeding away. There was no way I could catch up, but he decided to turn for some reason. I placed my aiming reticule a bit in front of his plane and closed the distance. I only had a few shots left and a lot more enemies. I am just 0.4 km away and I pull the trigger. My plane instantly gets its wing torn off and spins uncontrollably down into the ground. The BF-109s friend came out of nowhere. I didn't even get a single hit.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10974 on: February 17, 2014, 03:05:10 pm »

Damnit pistoliers.

AC IV

Damnit Musketmen

Look up

Damnit high falls

Look up

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #10975 on: February 17, 2014, 04:12:53 pm »

Bah. Accidentally attacked a priest of Odin with my best character so far. A paralyzing gaze, several mace strikes, and a few bugs later, DYWYPI. I should probably turn paranoid on.

EDIT: Sorry, Nethack
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 06:42:59 pm by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10976 on: February 17, 2014, 04:29:23 pm »

Bah. Accidentally attacked a priest of Odin with my best character so far. A paralyzing gaze, several mace strikes, and a few bugs later, DYWYPI. I should probably turn paranoid on.
Forsooth, what game doest thou speaketh of?  Pray tell, before yon rocks from the heavens descend!

I like modding games way too much, and usually they're mods that make you super unbalanced when you play (I like your character starting out human and becoming much, much more than that at the end of the game).  So this character was running at approximately 40 mph, probably more, and I ran off of a cliff.  Gravity did the rest.

ComputerWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10977 on: February 17, 2014, 05:08:55 pm »

Zombear. Always a zombear. Many walls were erected to prevent their rampage, but they just keep coming. This time I was trying to wall the entire northern border of a cleansed town when a bunch of rattlesnakes scared me out of the town where a wandering zombear found me and tore me apart.

Cataclysm DDA - 0.9 (Experimental). Only game with a zombear... to my knowledge. I find more zombears than bears nowadays. Not sure whether it's necessarily a good thing or bad survival-wise, given wildlife spawns are dynamic and never really end. >.>
Aye, but when you play a fighter, only doors will know fear in your presence.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10978 on: February 17, 2014, 07:22:29 pm »

I was bravely holding the lower bridge on Dogekac. My backup had turned into a zombie during the plague, and I had to shoot them. I held for a long time, even killing two iron golems that had came after me at the same time. Then, after I deemed the bridge impossible to hold without backup, I retreated to the surface, walling it off behind me. And then, immediately afterward, a Supercreeper sent me skyward, where I fell to my death.

(My computer is screaming at me that half of the things I just typed are not real words.)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10979 on: February 19, 2014, 02:19:09 am »

After a dedicated effort, I successfully earned the "It it warm in here?" achievement, for killing an enemy with a Rock while in flames.

Sadly, I'd chosen to wait until the flagship, since enemies run from fire when badly injured and the flagship has sealed compartments. So I spent all my missiles shutting down the shields to launch my Fire Beam. Which worked... except I had no missiles left, and no other weapons capable of either handling or bypassing the flagship's shields.

I fled the fight, and grabbed 4 more missiles... which were enough for the first phase. The second phase proved indestructible, and I had no more repair stations to loot. With no options left, I chose honourable suicide and lowered my shields during a drone swarm.

Pages: 1 ... 730 731 [732] 733 734 ... 1575