Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 728 729 [730] 731 732 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370656 times)

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10935 on: February 15, 2014, 08:51:28 am »

I wanted to train. Why did she not want to train? It was going to stop hurting when she fell unconcious, i just wanted to break her bones and train my wrestling until she bled to death.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That sounds pretty perverted. Very perverted.

What race were you playing? I'm guessing the lasher's ETHIC:ASSAULT was not ACCEPTABLE.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10936 on: February 15, 2014, 01:15:52 pm »

Raiders showed up.  No problem though as my colonist's defensive positions should be enough to handle this.  But a boomrat has also gone mad!

It charges my fortifications where one of my dudes were fixing a power conduit.  They decided to respond to the mad rodent by throwing a grenade at it...  Missing it by a mile and annihilating my one autoturret.  The boomrat hops onto the sandbags and gets punched to death, then it exploded lighting pretty much the worst place for a fire to happen at the fortifications and the colonist now known as "Dumbass" on fire.

The raiders chose this time to come knocking, and begin firing into the cloud of flames smoke and survivors desperately trying to put out the inferno.  A few decided to toss some molotovs into the whole mess just for the lulz.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 01:22:43 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #10937 on: February 15, 2014, 01:52:31 pm »

Playing a very fun Marine, and had just found a nuclear plasma rifle, which I was excited about. I fought my way through some Lost Souls and Former Captains, which died pretty easily, when I came to some levers. I pulled them, and out came some arachnotrons from the walls. Not a big deal. They gave me some hell, but I gave it right back after a few medpacks. Then I pulled some more levers that they were guarding, and out popped two shamblers. I didn't live much longer.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #10938 on: February 15, 2014, 02:01:01 pm »

As a wizard, I made it to like level seven. I discovered a straw golem on my tail, and so I decided to kill him with my wand of fire. Guess what? In NetHack, fire bounces off walls!

Such pain. And that is one of the furthest into the dungeons of doom I've gotten.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10939 on: February 15, 2014, 02:49:21 pm »

Playing a very fun Marine, and had just found a nuclear plasma rifle, which I was excited about. I fought my way through some Lost Souls and Former Captains, which died pretty easily, when I came to some levers. I pulled them, and out came some arachnotrons from the walls. Not a big deal. They gave me some hell, but I gave it right back after a few medpacks. Then I pulled some more levers that they were guarding, and out popped two shamblers. I didn't live much longer.

Ugh... Bloody Deimos Lab. The problem with that level is that you don't really have a good place to hide hunker down and blast at the shamblers with your shotgun, unlike the Armoury. Plus there's two of them too. My most recent attempt, a scout by the name of Joseph Stalin, died in pretty much the same way, getting double-teamed by shamblers and their hyper-accurate blasts in the Deimos lab.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10940 on: February 15, 2014, 02:51:03 pm »

Rockets.  A shotgun is not powerful enough to put them down.  A chaingun/exp to use it did a fair job at it, though.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10941 on: February 15, 2014, 02:53:40 pm »

Rockets.  A shotgun is not powerful enough to put them down.  A chaingun/exp to use it did a fair job at it, though.

I was using rockets though. And they still managed to kill me pretty quickly. Part of the problem is that there is two of them though (and they have regen!).

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10942 on: February 15, 2014, 03:01:26 pm »

I hadn't actually found a rocket launcher by that point, and I had specialized in pistols. Surprisingly powerful when you get to higher levels.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10943 on: February 15, 2014, 03:03:59 pm »

I hadn't actually found a rocket launcher by that point, and I had specialized in pistols. Surprisingly powerful when you get to higher levels.

You have been visiting all the special levels as you've been playing, right? Hell's Arena gives you a rocket launcher for free for completing all three waves.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10944 on: February 15, 2014, 03:33:17 pm »

Not exactly die, but it's a loss, so I guess it counts? I thought 50 minutes would be plenty to kill both a Great Jaggi and a Qurupeco. I mainly focused on the Jaggi and attacked the Peco a few times in between. Eventually I got bored of chasing the Jaggi all over the place and realized it was stupid to waste my time on it instead of my real objective anyway, so I started attacking the Qurupeco. I managed to nearly kill it in the last 5 minutes, but it flew away and because earlier it summoned a Melynx that stole my map, I couldn't find the Qurupeco and ran out of time.

Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10945 on: February 15, 2014, 03:35:40 pm »

Playing Shadow of Chernobyl the door to the scientists base wont open no matter how far back in saves I go. This is enraging because I had just cleansed the bar of duty on master. This took me hours of gameplay, and I can't even loot an armory, which I was really hopeful for because in previous playthroughs I've taken out freedom and looted their base. All of my rage.

So then I switched to Clear Sky and loaded up my save there. Now all squads in bases are in a straight line and there are no traders or repair people in the base at all. Not to mention Freedom still wont claim the bases I took for them. Pricks. Also, once again at the bunker, but this time there are simply no scientists on the inside. I decided to kill all the stalkers around the base and then bleed out.

I swear to god these games hate me.

EDIT: I would go to Pripyat but then I remember I have Misery installed. 'Sigh'
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 03:38:04 pm by joemoben »
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #10946 on: February 15, 2014, 03:40:14 pm »

-snip-
You should make an ISG. Or a webcomic. One or the other.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10947 on: February 15, 2014, 03:59:39 pm »

You have been visiting all the special levels as you've been playing, right? Hell's Arena gives you a rocket launcher for free for completing all three waves.
Most. My gear was really bad when I found Hell's Arena, so I skipped out on it. I would have died from Cacodemons and demons much earlier than I would have died from shamblers.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10948 on: February 15, 2014, 04:15:25 pm »

Most. My gear was really bad when I found Hell's Arena, so I skipped out on it. I would have died from Cacodemons and demons much earlier than I would have died from shamblers.

How bad is bad? 25% health and no medikits bad?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10949 on: February 15, 2014, 04:21:53 pm »

How bad is bad? 25% health and no medikits bad?
~40% Health, no pistol ammo, and only a handful of shotgun shells. Thankfully, the next level was swimming in former sergeants.

Pages: 1 ... 728 729 [730] 731 732 ... 1575