Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370678 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10920 on: February 12, 2014, 09:29:35 pm »

I started as an archeologist and dug straight down. I reached someone called "The Oracle," then went deeper. I then got killed by a bunch of jackals. IDK how deep I was.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10921 on: February 12, 2014, 10:45:11 pm »

Just because the game gives you the option to dispatch a rival nobleman with magic, does not mean that your magical attack will succeed.  My last words were "YOU ALWAYS PICK THE BLUE OPTIONS IN FTL".  Apparently not good logic when applied to other games.

What sucks is that I picked the worst time to die.  My almost-queen was a master diviner and determined that war was coming, so I donned a military uniform and mastered the art of strategy in 2 months.  I died during a tournament I started to convince knights to join my cause.  All that preparation and I didn't even get to wreck somebody's day.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

ComputerWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10922 on: February 13, 2014, 10:55:38 am »

After battling my way down some kind of dungeon in the mountains, I found an altar... of the Angel of Death! Given that I murdered a deer in cold blood near the dungeon's entrance, and cut the head off every gnome I encountered on my way, I thought I would be a pretty great follower.

So I sat down and prayed at the altar. Well, next thing I know Death incarnate chopped me into two with a scythe... maybe he was trying to knight me but tried too hard?

Aye, but when you play a fighter, only doors will know fear in your presence.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10923 on: February 13, 2014, 04:36:42 pm »

I'm pretty sure Minetown is the deepest that I've gotten, except one freak game where it felt like I survived forever until I was killed by fifty invisible uruk-hai. In my next run I'm considering skipping the Mines altogether, or turning back as soon as I see Minetown.

No idea if/how that many invisible uruk-hai would be possible, but yes don't go past minetown except as a calculated risk.  Pre-minetown any mid-level character can beat, but after that it gets much harder because there's a valuable item at the bottom.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #10924 on: February 13, 2014, 07:14:22 pm »

*Sigh* Not quite a death, but I don't see myself getting out of this. It's a touch spoiler-y.
Spoiler: An actual spoiler (click to show/hide)
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10925 on: February 13, 2014, 07:22:43 pm »

Why do the underground dungeon walls have parapets?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10926 on: February 13, 2014, 07:24:13 pm »

Why, that's a very good question that has a rational solution and HEY IS THAT SOME SORT OF DEMONIC DUCK?
* flamboy99 runs out of the room

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10927 on: February 13, 2014, 07:26:45 pm »

I'm pretty sure Minetown is the deepest that I've gotten, except one freak game where it felt like I survived forever until I was killed by fifty invisible uruk-hai. In my next run I'm considering skipping the Mines altogether, or turning back as soon as I see Minetown.

No idea if/how that many invisible uruk-hai would be possible, but yes don't go past minetown except as a calculated risk.  Pre-minetown any mid-level character can beat, but after that it gets much harder because there's a valuable item at the bottom.

I'm sure it wasn't actually 50, but there were definitely a lot. I'd already killed plenty of visible ones on that level before then, to the point that there was almost nothing else on the level but uruk hai and uruk hai corpses. It's the weirdest thing I've experienced to this point in Nethack.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #10928 on: February 13, 2014, 07:44:54 pm »

My entire party got killed in ONE TURN by the boss.   The most recent save was a few days ago, before I got a social rank up to 9.
Damnit.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10929 on: February 13, 2014, 08:24:30 pm »

Aaand yet another 3-person ironman party fails due to noxious slimes showing up at the worst possible time. I probably shouldn't have used a bishop, never could use those needy bastards well.

Wizardry 8
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10930 on: February 13, 2014, 09:00:00 pm »

Starting out teaching yourself how to play this game is hard.

I was playing with players much more experienced than myself. One of them grabbed my hands while I was crouching. Quickly, I countered by springing upward, throwing him over me. This got me some surprised reaction from the spectators in the chat. However, in midair, the guy pulled himself into me, hitting me so hard I fell onto the floor, causing me to lose.

Toribash Multiplayer

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #10931 on: February 13, 2014, 09:39:00 pm »

Playing everyone's favorite game, DF, I got bored in a cave and promptly stripped down and jumped off a cliff until I landed on my head.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10932 on: February 13, 2014, 10:08:07 pm »

*Sigh* Not quite a death, but I don't see myself getting out of this. It's a touch spoiler-y.
Spoiler: An actual spoiler (click to show/hide)
You are NOT screwed.  Throw your gear diagonally past the boulder wall until your load is light enough that you can bypass the boulders by "squeezing through".  This means literally moving onto the boulder's tile.  If you've thrown all your gear and still can't get through, strip off your clothes and throw them through, then try again.  Bear in mind bypassing boulders in Sokaban carries a luck penalty.

edit: this should go without saying, but prioritize throwing or dropping gear that you DON'T need to fight.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 10:19:39 pm by EnigmaticHat »

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10933 on: February 13, 2014, 10:17:50 pm »

Thank you, kind sir, you are both a gentlemen and a saint.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10934 on: February 14, 2014, 09:51:00 pm »

I wanted to train. Why did she not want to train? It was going to stop hurting when she fell unconcious, i just wanted to break her bones and train my wrestling until she bled to death.

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."
Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 1575