Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 722 723 [724] 725 726 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369518 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10845 on: February 04, 2014, 08:18:38 pm »

After a fellow scientist talked about doing it, I put a bag of holding into another bag of holding. I was not aware about the consequences.
Suddenly singularity.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Should've been some kind of warning in the description or something.

It is a commonly known thing in nerd circles that putting bags of holding inside other bags of holding (or portable holes or pretty much anything else that does any funky stuff with dimensional space) is a very very bad idea likely to result in the death of the person who did it and everyone nearby.

I wouldn't be surprised if anybody ever used it to get out of a bad situation.  "I have two bags of holding and you know what, I'm just crazy enough to do it!  BACK OFF! Don't make me do it!"
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #10846 on: February 04, 2014, 08:21:54 pm »

I wouldn't be surprised if anybody ever used it to get out of a bad situation.  "I have two bags of holding and you know what, I'm just crazy enough to do it!  BACK OFF! Don't make me do it!"
In one of my D&D games, the tank, a Chaotic Good elven warrior that was, ahem, eccentric actually made this threat. Unfortunately, the orcs failed their Knowledge (Arcana) check.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #10847 on: February 04, 2014, 08:38:10 pm »

In one of my D&D games, the tank, a Chaotic Good elven warrior that was, ahem, eccentric actually made this threat. Unfortunately, the orcs failed their Knowledge (Arcana) check.
That's brilliant.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #10848 on: February 04, 2014, 10:44:10 pm »

Suffered karma as the giant I was trying to bite to death transformed into a werewolf. I forgot my bites could pass on the curse. Said werewolf then bit the other giant, which also turned into a werewolf. Shiiiiiiieet.

I then get mauled to death rather quickly. Attempting to transform into a werewolf again to heal myself was cut short as one of the new giant/werewolves kicked me in the head.

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10849 on: February 04, 2014, 11:56:16 pm »

I thought all werecreatures were hostile to everything except their werebuddies?

I werethought all werecreatures were werehostile to everything except their werebuddies?  This has been a wereforum werepost
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10850 on: February 05, 2014, 12:23:19 am »

Perhaps not in that mod, though.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

kirkington

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Spazcosoft - The Lonely Dwarves
« Reply #10851 on: February 05, 2014, 12:25:43 am »

Today:
Aqua Kitty - Robot Fish Thing
Morrowind - Didn't pay enough attention to health while I got Cliff Racered.  (The blighted ones hurt!)

Most recent "by dwarf" death outlined here:
http://splitkick.com/kirk-plays-advanced-dungeons-dragons-treasure-of-tarmin/

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10852 on: February 05, 2014, 12:38:27 am »

I thought all werecreatures were hostile to everything except their werebuddies?

I werethought all werecreatures were werehostile to everything except their werebuddies?  This has been a wereforum werepost

I assume it was because I attacked them first before originally they got the curse and was therefore recognized as hostile.

To be fair, the first weregiantwolf did attack the other giant first, it's just that once both knew how to transform their AI decided to use their ability to transform at will (thanks to fear the night mod) because it was a dangerous situation or something and I guess that realigned their loyalties so that the only one they were hostile to was me, who attacked them first.

At that point any advantages I had from being a werewolf was lost due to me being outnumbered by creatures my own size with inherent resistance to any damage I could deal without silver weapons. Couldn't run away because I was injured enough to be slower than my max speed and the new wolves would match my speed easily even if I was at max speed.

I would hate to be the next adventure and get those two as quest targets. What hath I done.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10853 on: February 05, 2014, 01:26:58 am »

Nooooo died in Zot:5 when my teleport scroll put me in more danger than I could get out of, and my wand of teleport didn't save me. I knew I should have just grabbed the orb and ran...  :'(

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Tjoh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10854 on: February 05, 2014, 06:02:55 am »

My..my nerd-fu is not strong enough. I suppose that I must spend a few more hours on obscure tvtropes pages.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 06:05:07 am by Tjoh »

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #10855 on: February 05, 2014, 06:05:08 am »

as lore (nerd) goes, that's up there with things like not standing in the fire, and not focusing the tank
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10856 on: February 05, 2014, 06:29:28 am »

I would hate to be the next adventure and get those two as quest targets. What hath I done.

Can I request an uploaded save? Sounds like !!Fun!!.
All this fortress moding has left me wanting some high-risk-no-gain-all-Fun play. +Been a while since I tried Masterwork's Adventure Mode.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10857 on: February 05, 2014, 10:51:14 am »

Started up Skyrim with Live Another Life and Frostfall mods as usual, went for the shipwreck start which I'd done a few times before.  Unlike usual, though, I initialized Frostfall through the MCM before entering the game proper.  Turns out that the water in the Sea of Ghosts is cold. 
*reload*
Very cold.
*reload*
Very, very cold.
*reload*
*reload*
>_<
*reload*
;_;

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10858 on: February 05, 2014, 12:02:35 pm »

Can I request an uploaded save? Sounds like !!Fun!!.
All this fortress moding has left me wanting some high-risk-no-gain-all-Fun play. +Been a while since I tried Masterwork's Adventure Mode.

Bam, link.

On Mediafire because I'm reluctant to set up yet another account on another site I would only use occasionally, like DFDepot. A zip file, includes a read_me.txt giving some background info on the worldgen presets.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10859 on: February 05, 2014, 03:44:12 pm »

Bam, link.

On Mediafire because I'm reluctant to set up yet another account on another site I would only use occasionally, like DFDepot. A zip file, includes a read_me.txt giving some background info on the worldgen presets.

It's a lovely world, been trying to do a 1000-year history world that doesn't get into "The Golden Age" with little success. Thanks for uploading it.

On topic, too:
So, I start up an Orc, train up his swordsmanship and throwing. First quest is to kill some very far away dwarven necromancer who's camping out in the wilderness. On my way there, I see a lair on the map, so I think, hey, why not and go there.
I run into an Antler Fiend. Twisted and one-eyed. It breathes fire. Luckily, I managed to outmanouvre it and my shield soaks up the rest. A long, tiresome battle ensues. I throw stones at it as it's too fast for me to hit by sword. It does manage to cut a few arteries, but when I get very low on blood, the bleeding stops and we exchanges numerous blows, yet neither can defeat the other, it seems. Desperately, I throw my sword at it, with little effect. I throw my water and my cave oysters in hopes that I might get it to fall over, to no effect; I'm left with my silk shirt, chitinplate trousers and my shield.
Desperately, I aim for its head. Miraculously, during my fifth attack my shield actually connects, tearing apart its brain, leaving it lifeless.
I live, for now.

Wounded, I returned to a fort, the Elven capital I had discovered on my journey west. There, I find a mithril kriss and a mithril root shield, along with some masterwork mithril singing arrows, which I appropriate, knowing that after that kill, all the elves stand in awe of my skills. I recruit a spearman and a bowman. The only elves besides the Queen I can find. They gladly join me.

I set out to track down the necromancer I was originally tasked to kill. I find him and in a matter of seconds, he's unconscious on the ground, my ally's own mithril arrows easily dispatching him and his skeletons. I deal the killing blow and, without showing it to the Elves, I learn the secrets of life and death. Knowing that my companions may turn on me if I use it, I refrain from casting Animate.

I run over the map. The Elves had no other quests, they didn't care about the demonic fiends plaguing their land. In search of new enemies and armour, I travel southwards, where I hope to find enemies nearer in power to me.

I run into a lair. I knew I shouldn't have gone in, yet I still do. I'm an Orc. Battle draws me. Between here and the camp, we dispatched another fiend, which had 'Demon of Vomit boiling vomit'. It was easy, I threw an arrow at it and once it fell over, it was torture.

This time, we face yet another fiend. I manage to sneak in close (I have no idea how). That's when the whole thing goes bad. The fiend spits out around four fireballs before we can even attack. Luckily, I survive this attack, only to find myself surrounded by a ring of fire, unable to move without stepping into it. My thrown arrows chip bones, yet it is not enough to bring the enemy down.
I decide I have to move in. I step into the flames. My shirt and trousers catch aflame. I walk for a few steps like this when I realise I must lose them or I'll never survive. I drop them and move on, still burning. I see water, I move towards it. It's ice, but at least there the ground won't reignite me should I manage to survive.
By the time I get there, I'm melting. My companions are alive, somewhere in the smoke, along with that monster. I manage to spot it and start throwing arrows at it. Then I notice my gravest mistake.
A wooden cage. I must have picked it up along with the mithril items at the fort. I even recalled putting my previous sword into it. (Okay, so that's not too logical, but it's better than the waterskin).
Furiously, I throw the cage at the monster, but in the smoke they both vanish.
I'm melting. The ice isn't. My ranged companion dies, the monster closed into melee range. I have no idea where the speardancer is.

I'm melting.

Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread
Pages: 1 ... 722 723 [724] 725 726 ... 1574