Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 715 716 [717] 718 719 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369285 times)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10740 on: January 18, 2014, 08:43:18 am »

In the earliest pokemon games, the AI was always set to put typing into account. Even for moves that did no damage.

So, for example, if you were using a grass or ground type, the AI if using a pokemon that knew an ice type move would spam that constantly, even if it were a status move or similar - eg, a pokemon with Mist, which does nothing but prevent stat drops for a few turns, would spam Mist constantly on grass or ground types because it matched the type being super effective.

A random selection of moves would be far better than that I suppose!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10741 on: January 18, 2014, 08:57:00 am »

Yeah, definitely. The AI gets steadily more intelligent as the generations go on, at least.
Like in Gen 3, the AI is smart enough to set up weather for a few turns to boost its damage.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10742 on: January 18, 2014, 11:19:59 am »

In gen 6 though the AI still can't seem to figure out that if psychic isn't affecting my milotic that it probably is a zoroark instead of a milotic and it should probably stop spamming psychic type moves though.  Even on the postgame 'competitive' battle type stuff, that I would imagine has the best AI in any of the games.

No AI is perfect I guess :P
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10743 on: January 18, 2014, 11:22:31 am »

So a squad of five head to a crashed medium UFO. Expecting sectoids and thin men I send two recruits along to become squadies.

There were a few sectoids and then once u reached the power sources THREE mutons jump out a peg my first recruit, Gretta Karlson, she dies and then I realize 'shiiiiit' so I begin falling back to the entrance, my support 'Kazuko Smokes Ogawa drops a smoke to cover us. I have my heavy and assault 'Emilo The Tank Castillo' and 'Kojo Bishop Baloya' respectively give cover fire so my second recruit Grannis Lekas could GTFO.

Bishop gets pegged in next turn as well as Grannis, leaving me with The Tank and Smokes. They run back to the evac zone when I realize. Maaaaybe I can win this, so I have them take cover, and by next turn they were fully loaded and on over watch.

Three floaters awaken and charge us, The Tank gets off his shot, bringing one down. Smokes pegs another with her Laser Rifle and it falls. Cue one more turn of over watch and we get the last down.

Instead of doing the tactically sound choice of retreating, I send them back to the UFO over many turns and begin firing at a muton that was separated. It threw a grenade at us and Smokes panicked, taking The Tank down and soon got shot herself.

Personally, I consider it a win considering how badass it was.

XCOM EU(2012)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #10744 on: January 18, 2014, 01:43:05 pm »

A lvl 5 pidgey wiped my team. To be fair, my squirtle was lvl 5, my newly caught rattatata was lvl 2, and that pidgey was a super fast death machine of critical hits that I couldn't escape from. That pidgey was a god of war, dude.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10745 on: January 18, 2014, 04:58:19 pm »

Apparently, the fog did extend all the way to the ground.

I also, in a continued bit of incompetency, flew against a mountain.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10746 on: January 18, 2014, 09:21:36 pm »

I managed to put down a brute in melee with no real issue, but that tiny sewer rat?  Nope, he gon eat my legs as I miss every shot on him.

Also, a small issue is here.  I increased city dizes, and I think it screws with sheter spawns.  If I had a dollar for every time I spawned with a zombie within spitting range of me, outside a shelter (statics, yo) Id buy a milkshake.  A vanilla one.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 09:24:48 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10747 on: January 18, 2014, 09:23:57 pm »

What game? I would say Battle for Wesnoth, but I don't think it had rats.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10748 on: January 19, 2014, 12:47:15 am »

Got stuck in a corridor in Brinstar that can't be exited without the speed boost, so I was forced to kill myself on some spikes.

Super Metroid
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10749 on: January 19, 2014, 01:16:20 am »

What game? I would say Battle for Wesnoth, but I don't think it had rats.

cataclysm, dark days ahead.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10750 on: January 19, 2014, 01:32:57 am »

-snip-
XCOM EU(2012)
I've actually gotten to the point in the game where I come across enemies and go "Oh, thank god, it's just three mutons. This will be a piece of cake."
Wait until you're fighting multiple cyberdiscs and mechtoids, backed up by drones and sectoid commanders. That's when the game gives you the huge finger.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10751 on: January 19, 2014, 08:03:49 am »

Those goddamn wardens, regenerating their shields and bitchslapping you the moment you freeze them. Honestly, IDK why the game tells you to use your powers when what you're supposed to do in reality is spam rockets.

Saints Row IV
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10752 on: January 19, 2014, 08:15:21 am »

Those goddamn wardens, regenerating their shields and bitchslapping you the moment you freeze them. Honestly, IDK why the game tells you to use your powers when what you're supposed to do in reality is spam rockets.

Saints Row IV

I took them out most of the time by using freeze then shooting them with the assault rifles. Or pistols, but I just like using pistols, so classy.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10753 on: January 19, 2014, 08:53:26 pm »

So a new round of CTF starts on Sidewinder, and all our heavy vehicles round the corner at the same time. We didn't win last round, but we're hoping that two tanks, two banshees and one half-manned rocket hog will be able to at least take the flag.

Cue outstandingly well-coordinated defense by Blue Team. Tanks hidden behind rocks shoot down both of our Banshees, and snipers above blow away the tank drivers (one of which was myself). Only the rocket hog even got close, and they soon fell to the remaining Blues inside the base.

It was a long time before we ever got those tanks back, to say the least.

Halo 1. Yet another game where losing is fun :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #10754 on: January 20, 2014, 11:21:00 am »

I misstep and attempted to punch a demon when I meant to walk into the previously unoccupied space that apparently magically contained a demon. I missed the punch. The demon bit me and killed me dead.

I HAD A COMBAT PISTOL FOR A PISTOL BUILD THAT IS SO RARE AND SO GOOD FUUUUUUUUU *sobs*
I HAD SO MANY MEDKITS I COULD'VE USED EARLIER TO HEAL ME SO THAT MISTAKE WOULDN'T KILL ME FUUUUUUU *sobs harder*

...I am mildly frustrated, yes. Probably not going to play this game for a while. YASD.

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 715 716 [717] 718 719 ... 1574