Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 713 714 [715] 716 717 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369627 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10710 on: January 15, 2014, 12:48:54 pm »

Despite having Ezio levels of cool, Edward Kenway isn't immune to bullets.

AC IV

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10711 on: January 15, 2014, 02:32:15 pm »

Apparently a death . . .

Booted up some some good ol fashioned RTR.

Things were looking smug for Pontis.  Armenia finally kicked up and took their neighboring rebel towns, sarmatia looked to our ally thrace with aggression, and selecluid peaced with egypt (? dafuk game?) and declared on macedon and pontis.  After some minor gains and securing the syrian region, the full might of seluicluid forces fell on strategic ancyra.  A stack upon a half garrisoned pallisade wall.

Tge battle started well, me hugging the wall and anchoring our phallanx with gallic warbands, using the poor sparabara as bait and flankers (leaving them to be flanked, leaving those flankers to be flanked, leaving. . .)' but then they lsunched the 75% of the forces, (sans dead skirmishers and w.e. else i killed) tgey possessed at once, engaging my line with 2 -1 superiority.  My general was able to turn the weakest attackers running, freeing up those defending againnst them.  We won, but my general died charging the backside of some spearmen.  Apparently, however, because his unit took so few causualties he ?recovered? and is happily burying the many dead while a second stack approaches.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 02:35:05 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10712 on: January 15, 2014, 05:52:57 pm »

This cat. This fucking cat.

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10713 on: January 15, 2014, 05:54:24 pm »

How is that, out of curiosity? Saw it on Steam and was intrigued, but held off on buying so far.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10714 on: January 15, 2014, 06:04:12 pm »

How is that, out of curiosity? Saw it on Steam and was intrigued, but held off on buying so far.
I think it's good, however I'm easily entertained so I'm not incredibly reliable for reviewing.

THIS GODDAMN CAT. I could skip this mission but no, no it's personal now.

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10715 on: January 15, 2014, 07:51:14 pm »

Looks like they left in everybody's hip check.

(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #10716 on: January 15, 2014, 09:19:21 pm »

Damnit, I just wanted to hear people talk about stuff, not to be killed by them

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10717 on: January 15, 2014, 09:47:54 pm »

So the Plesioth still strikes down gods ten feet behind him? I'd complain, but it'd throw off my strategy if they changed it. Although, I'd really like it if they changed some of the hit boxes for the tails. Some of them hit me when they should pass harmlessly overhead.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10718 on: January 16, 2014, 10:26:58 am »

So the Plesioth still strikes down gods ten feet behind him? I'd complain, but it'd throw off my strategy if they changed it. Although, I'd really like it if they changed some of the hit boxes for the tails. Some of them hit me when they should pass harmlessly overhead.

Yeah, the one I hate the most is in fact the Jho's and Plesi's. Depending on size it can be a 100% or a 0% hit, even when it really doesn't seem so.

So, on topic:
I decided that after killing Powder Gangers with two shots, I could easily go and, with my sneaking and long range shooting abilties, take on the NCR CF, because it sounds badass that I just walk in and clear the place out, when the NCR can't. (Exactly why I went in and killed every last bandit in Primm)
Except I wasn't expecting that almost every single powder ganger would attack me. Still, I miraculously survived and got to the facility Administration. Instantly spotted by a guy who's facing the door, and rushed by every damn guy in the building, including the named guys. Still, my bane was the normal Powder Ganger who had some sort of machine pistol, which practically nullified my health in the close quarters fight.

In another game:
I completed Easy difficulty, no problem, though the final boss actually made me work for it.
I did Normal difficulty with some minor problems, but I learnt how to actually parry, and that my graphics were set one level too high, which was why my button presses sometimes registered wrong in boss-killing parts of the game (literally didn't register at all against final boss, turned down some settings, and woops, instantly completed, though I did not notice much of a change in speed)
Hard difficulty: Daaaaaamn. I messed up a lot of things. I failed parries. I found that it takes a LOT more to kill enemies now. I died in the intro, and in the first chapter/file as well against basic enemies, I believe (though I may have simply failed to get no damage)
Also, DAMN RPGs.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 11:38:51 am by Wimopy »
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10719 on: January 16, 2014, 10:54:06 am »

'Hey a white whale! Let's murder it'

Ten tries later...

'GODFUCKINGDAMNIT'

AC IV

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10720 on: January 16, 2014, 11:02:02 am »

Ten tries later...

'GODFUCKINGDAMNIT'

AC IV
My, my.  And this is why a literary grounding is useful even to pirates. ^_^

((I'll admit, that's a reference I didn't expect to hear coming out of Assassin's Creed.))

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10721 on: January 16, 2014, 11:31:03 am »

Ten tries later...

'GODFUCKINGDAMNIT'

AC IV

((I'll admit, that's a reference I didn't expect to hear coming out of Assassin's Creed.))

Yarrr we don't need no books, we be plunderin' the blue bloods and their ilk and we know aint no need to be book learning!

/terrible pirate speak

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10722 on: January 16, 2014, 01:20:05 pm »

Well, this is a good run. 40,000 souls, 2 bosses beaten, and all in one life. Now just to get back to the bonfire near Sen's

*Glitches through floor and dies*

Dark Souls.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10723 on: January 16, 2014, 02:56:05 pm »

Ten tries later...

'GODFUCKINGDAMNIT'

AC IV

Yarrr we don't need no books, we be plunderin' the blue bloods and their ilk and we know aint no need to be book learning!

/terrible pirate speak
To be fair, that whale's a complete ass.

I went through a dungeon pretty easily the first couple of times, made it to the boss, realized he was out of my league, ran away and leveled a bit.  Closed the game for a while to go eat or something.  Come back, find out that the game has updated itself while I've been away.  Alright, whatever, probably nothing that's going to affect me for a while.  Go back through the dungeon at a higher level, make it to about halfway through the dungeon.  Suddenly, there's a room that wasn't here before, and that's a new mini-boss.  Said mini-boss is harder than the actual boss, stuns you, and hits you just perfectly to slam dunk you into a hole that drops you three screens back.  Something's weird with the hit box and it hits you even if you jump over it's stun attack.  You have to kill it to continue on.  It respawns.  I loathe this thing.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10724 on: January 16, 2014, 07:06:06 pm »

Playing Skyrim with the Thuu'mic mod, which allows you to yell dragon shouts into the microphone to activate them. It's actually really handy as you don't have to swap around hotkeys or the favorite menu to change shouts, you just say them.

However, as I was climbing down High Hrothgar my brother came in and started talking to me. I responded to him, telling him whatever sports team "Would Not" sign whatever player. Thuu'mic decided I had said "Wuld Nah". Yes THAT Wuld Nah, as in Whirlwind Spirit. The Dovakhin, in front of his confused Houscarl, shouted in the Ancient Dragon Language and flung himself off the top of High Hrothgar at Mach 3.

Gravity is apparently more powerful than the Dragonborn.
Pages: 1 ... 713 714 [715] 716 717 ... 1574