Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 712 713 [714] 715 716 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369711 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10695 on: January 13, 2014, 07:07:25 pm »

Beamed right into an Avian tomb complex. Was promptly shot full of bullet holes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #10696 on: January 13, 2014, 08:24:01 pm »

Ders a bug where drop kicking a one armed imp results in your demise.  Deoes its head hit you?  I know baron heads can hurt you . . .

brutal doom

Oh good, I wasn't the only one to have this happen. I think it has to do with kicking after getting a berserk buff. Your kicks do way more damage and can gib enemies. Either kicking the head off a wounded enemy intentionally causes a time-bomb kind of bloodsplosion, or it's a wonky glitch bloodsplosion that gibs the player. Either or.

I've only had that happen to me twice.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10697 on: January 13, 2014, 08:43:37 pm »

So wait, you mean you guys kicked a demon so hard in the face that it caused an explosion that killed you?
THAT.
IS.
ALPHA.
AS FUCK.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10698 on: January 13, 2014, 10:52:54 pm »

I breezed through most of the game obsessively selling all of the small loot the perception tree gives you.  Oh, and with ridiculous items, eye lasers, dodging so well I could teleport, and three maxed out defensive skill trees.  100 block chance FTW!

Then I met Dredmor.  I took out a decent portion of health with 3 holy hand grenades, but nothing else I had even could hit him or do any practical amount of damage.  Deciding beating him the obvious way (chip damage at a range) would be tedious as fuck, I charged in.  At this point I learned that Dredmor has some sort of melee spells or something, and died even though I was spamming health and invisibility potions.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10699 on: January 14, 2014, 12:24:25 am »

Cranked up the enemy spawn rates by 250% and the city sizes by 150% from default.  Got eaten alive by a horde of zombies after I accidentally walked into a land mine and attracted their attention.  Not that, you know, the land mine itself wasn't bad enough...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10700 on: January 14, 2014, 01:27:37 am »

So here comes in my character, dressed in modded in LotR armor, Noldor in origin.

And there comes those oval gates of crimson and fire. Herein comes imps. Little scamps.

We engage in a fight of magic and archery--I only discovered their spell is a basic 'Flare'..yet looks like lethal fireballs. Who wondered.

Anyway, getting overwhelmed without any good planning beforehand equals a horribly burned corpse.

Granted, playing on the highest difficulty makes many things look like fighting tanks with sticks. Realistic, though. Very nice. xD

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10701 on: January 14, 2014, 11:35:58 am »

Cruising through the snow zone, enjoying the music.  Everything's weak against fire, this is a welcome break from the coastal zone which was... not difficult, but elementally complicated.  Then this runed monument shoots out of the ground in a normal battle.

Matt: "A giant rock?  What's it going to do, fall on us?"
Viking Monument: Blasts the party with the sort of energy beam you'd expect from an orbital station, doing about 25% damage and freezing Matt.  It's only weak against bombs and earth, too, which my primary spellcaster doesn't have.  Ah well, neat challenge.

The area also has these puny floating ice-shard things, which go down easy, but have the freeze ability as well.

I laugh it off and defeat the thing, and go back to burning ice elementals and sentient piles of snowleaves.  Then in a random cave, once again in the second wave, up sprout TWO viking monuments AND TWO ice shards.  Matt uses an earth-tech, lance unleashes his bomb-cannon, everything's going to be fine... the counterattack reduces the party to half health and freezes Lance and Matt.

No problem!  Natalie heals the party back to full in one spell, which breaks the ice, so we're back at full strength and they're damaged so things are looking - One of the monuments freezes everyone with one attack.  The ice will break if we're attacked... but the RNG decides that the enemies use incredibly *focused* lasers this time around, killing each party member in one hit.  So we went from full health to dead without a turn.

I must have missed the ice armors somewhere... guess I finally have to go back to town and buy some.

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10702 on: January 14, 2014, 11:49:05 am »

I had it going well. A trap-fence in a chokepoint that had so far gotten me four kills. Used the meat from that to trade for some preserved food. Had plenty of forage, and a crapload of lake reeds stored. Had a small cabin with a fireplace, bunk, and table. All next to a river for water and fishing.

Then I ate a poisonous mushroom, not knowing what it was. >_<

It's been too long to remember, but I think you get Ice-resistant armors from that cave. Tip: Max out Airstrike. Lance should have a helmet by then that can be upgraded to randomly cast it. Also have Natz summon Slime Bunny to deal with the freezing effect.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10703 on: January 14, 2014, 12:29:44 pm »

I breezed through most of the game obsessively selling all of the small loot the perception tree gives you.  Oh, and with ridiculous items, eye lasers, dodging so well I could teleport, and three maxed out defensive skill trees.  100 block chance FTW!

Then I met Dredmor.  I took out a decent portion of health with 3 holy hand grenades, but nothing else I had even could hit him or do any practical amount of damage.  Deciding beating him the obvious way (chip damage at a range) would be tedious as fuck, I charged in.  At this point I learned that Dredmor has some sort of melee spells or something, and died even though I was spamming health and invisibility potions.

Yeah... the wiki's kind of dumb sometimes. Killing Dredmor with eye lasers is only practical if your build is designed for long-term stall (read: you're a Golemancer and have Living Walls to mess up his AI), and you have no other practical options to damage him. Dredmor packs strong melee attacks, and a whole bunch of spells that he's totally fine with spamming in melee combat, so head-on attacks are bad. In fact, if I had one complaint about that game, it's how you need to plan two separate builds: one to clear 99% of the dungeon, and one completely separate build to kill the final boss.  >:(

On-topic: I left my tanky Fighter to hold a narrow checkpoint against 6 cavalry units. Unfortunately, I didn't remember that AI cavalry were quite happy to move, attack, and then finish their move by backing away, allowing all 6 to attack on the same turn. When one Steel Sword dealt 10x2 damage, I was forced to reset the chapter.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10704 on: January 14, 2014, 01:11:08 pm »

I had it going well. A trap-fence in a chokepoint that had so far gotten me four kills. Used the meat from that to trade for some preserved food. Had plenty of forage, and a crapload of lake reeds stored. Had a small cabin with a fireplace, bunk, and table. All next to a river for water and fishing.

Then I ate a poisonous mushroom, not knowing what it was. >_<

It's been too long to remember, but I think you get Ice-resistant armors from that cave. Tip: Max out Airstrike. Lance should have a helmet by then that can be upgraded to randomly cast it. Also have Natz summon Slime Bunny to deal with the freezing effect.

Huh, good memory.  The fur armor was in that particular cave (with the second one being a quest reward I think).  I had also forgot about the ice hairpin for Natt, I was able to fully upgrade that and didn't have any more problems with freezing.

The mammoth just kicked my ass anyway, but only because he instantly resummoned his army on the turn I finished it off... I'll get there, though.  Thanks for the advice, I hadn't realized the power of airstrike!
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10705 on: January 14, 2014, 01:12:38 pm »

Oh mang, EBF 3?

Good luck with the final boss, when you get to him that's it :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10706 on: January 14, 2014, 01:18:16 pm »

Oh mang, EBF 3?

Good luck with the final boss, when you get to him that's it :P
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10707 on: January 14, 2014, 01:37:22 pm »

Code: [Select]
The winds around Lom Lobon start to calm down.
Read which item? (? for menu, Esc to quit)
As you read the scroll of teleportation, it crumbles to dust.
You feel strangely unstable. You are engulfed in raging winds.
You are engulfed in raging winds.
You are engulfed in raging winds. You float gracefully downwards.
You fall into the water!
You try to escape, but your burden drags you down!
You drown...
You die...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10708 on: January 15, 2014, 11:57:30 am »

Three Viking Monoliths, at the same time. All where also at least 5 levels above my team.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10709 on: January 15, 2014, 12:44:20 pm »

Three Viking Monoliths, at the same time. All where also at least 5 levels above my team.

Natt wasn't kidding, regen works wonders against the freezing, basically negates it altogether.  But those things also just do a lot of damage, and self buff, and have unusual resistances...

Last death?  I, uh, played the new Tomb Raider.
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 712 713 [714] 715 716 ... 1574