Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 705 706 [707] 708 709 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370433 times)

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10590 on: January 01, 2014, 07:15:16 pm »

Beefalo decided to curbstomp me while I was at low health, despite the fact that I did nothing to provoke it and they're usually harmless when when you walk near.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It probably was in heat.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10591 on: January 01, 2014, 07:26:07 pm »

Just showed up at this gold site (just appeared that day) and tried to suicide the dummy brain with my drop ship. Miss, but when I come back towards it, am blown up and shrapnel destroys him and his guards. While I'm highfiving all my friends, a dummy drop ship engine falls from the sky and crushes my brain bot.

A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10592 on: January 01, 2014, 07:41:16 pm »

Beefalo decided to curbstomp me while I was at low health, despite the fact that I did nothing to provoke it and they're usually harmless when when you walk near.
Beefalo get much more hostile during mating season. I guess to make living with them have some consequence even though you can just set up camp near the heard
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10593 on: January 01, 2014, 07:42:39 pm »

I thought I could make a break for a shuttle to escape a xenomorph infested marine ship. An empress found me..

Space Station 13, Colonial Marines.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #10594 on: January 01, 2014, 09:23:05 pm »

Playing as a marine angel of marksmanship, only able to wield pistols. I was doing surprisingly well with dual wielding speedloader pistols I had assembled, and I had assembled powered red armor to help me tank, as well as tactical boots to give me a slight speedboost. I had killed the cyberdemon with nothing but pistols. I had the game in the bag.

Then I stopped by Vaults, and used a phase device to see if I could loot some stuff. I am now trapped in a vault with no way out. I can't use a nearby rocket launcher to blow a wall up, because a rocket launcher isn't "a weapon worthy of a marksman".

Welp. Guess I'll just boot up this thermonuclear bomb and savor the last ten seconds of my life. Faretheewell, Adrian Carmack, you badass marine angel of marksmanship.

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10595 on: January 01, 2014, 10:10:41 pm »

Playing as a marine angel of marksmanship, only able to wield pistols. I was doing surprisingly well with dual wielding speedloader pistols I had assembled, and I had assembled powered red armor to help me tank, as well as tactical boots to give me a slight speedboost. I had killed the cyberdemon with nothing but pistols. I had the game in the bag.

Then I stopped by Vaults, and used a phase device to see if I could loot some stuff. I am now trapped in a vault with no way out. I can't use a nearby rocket launcher to blow a wall up, because a rocket launcher isn't "a weapon worthy of a marksman".

Welp. Guess I'll just boot up this thermonuclear bomb and savor the last ten seconds of my life. Faretheewell, Adrian Carmack, you badass marine angel of marksmanship.

So a rocket launcher isn't worthy of a marksman, but a nuclear bomb is just dandy? ???
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #10596 on: January 01, 2014, 10:57:14 pm »

So a rocket launcher isn't worthy of a marksman, but a nuclear bomb is just dandy? ???
One's aim with a nuke must be very precise. It's a true weapon of sharpshooters, greater even than scoped sniper rifles.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10597 on: January 01, 2014, 10:58:30 pm »

Sometimes, I just press the Y button way too soon... again. And again. All the while I get pummeled/slashed/whatever to death by drug dealers in an alley. I don't know why I keep pressing the counter button before they turn red. Leftover reflexes from Shenmue 2's combat system, perhaps? It's been a while. Who knows. Either way, it results in a dead me.

Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10598 on: January 02, 2014, 12:15:20 am »

Scroll of punishment, fell in a pit. Iron ball landed on head.

Attacked own pony by mistake while blind, got killed.

Ate rotten food, died with prayers ignored.

Instantly smited for no reason.

Got infected by werejackal, lost all armor then beset by monsters.

Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10599 on: January 02, 2014, 12:19:30 am »

Explorin'
Minin'
Fightin'
Gettin' killed by sssnow beassstsss a hundred feet underground

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #10600 on: January 02, 2014, 12:20:39 am »

The way the game works, the nuclear bomb is an item that can be used, like a medpack, not a weapon that can be wielded or shot, like a rocket launcher or pistols. The nuke is pretty much a last resort item to instakill yourself (unless invincible somehow) and everything else on the level.

The challenge I was playing restricts the player to only using weapons that are in the "pistol" family. Rocket launcher is in "explosives" category. Attempting to wield and shoot a weapon that isn't a pistol displays the message "this isn't a weapon worthy of a marksman!" Even a chainsaw or knife displays the message. If I were an angel of berserking, any attempt to use a gun would display "You're a berserker, dumbass. You don't need guns." such challenges force the player to use different strategies and skills and can dramatically change gameplay.

I shouldn't have tried looting Vaults since I had no way to destroy walls. Should've known and planned ahead, but oh well. Live and learn.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10601 on: January 02, 2014, 12:36:59 am »

I don't know if this really counts(as usual), but getting tired of getting bucked off in that damn horse breaking mission so I shot the horse.
[Mission Failed]

RDR
Black lives matter.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10602 on: January 02, 2014, 12:26:17 pm »

Found myself up against Majora's Wrath. With only 3 arrows and 3/4th of a heart left.

Once again, attacked by the British stealth tanks.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10603 on: January 02, 2014, 12:29:38 pm »

Playing as a marine angel of marksmanship, only able to wield pistols. I was doing surprisingly well with dual wielding speedloader pistols I had assembled, and I had assembled powered red armor to help me tank, as well as tactical boots to and to give me a slight speedboost. I had killed the cyberdemon with nothing but pistols. I had the game in the bag.

Fixed dat for ya's, boss. Some grimy lit'el grot mixed yer words up.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10604 on: January 02, 2014, 12:49:38 pm »

Fighting the Tarka after they started shooting up various gates I had established, but launching offensive operations when you don't have FTL drives on your ships (Hivers use gates for instantaneous FTL from any other gate, but interstellar travel without a gate must be done STL) is unsurprisingly quite tricky.  They sent a fleet of 39 warships against a foothold I had established in their home cluster, and I responded by gating my entire mobile fleet of over 50 destroyers right on top of them.  At this point, I thought to myself, "You know, it would be really quite entertaining if they just blew up my gate and stranded my entire fleet here."

Surprise, surprise.  Two turns of battle later, their fleet was destroyed, and my fleet was separated by almost 50 turns from the rest of my empire.  The first thing they did was go on a direct-intercept for the planet, blow up the colony, and follow that up with destroying the gate while my fleet was still trying to turn around from its own intercept course.  My fleet isn't technically dead, but it may as well be for all the good it will do me anymore.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 12:52:21 pm by Culise »
Pages: 1 ... 705 706 [707] 708 709 ... 1575