Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370304 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10575 on: December 31, 2013, 11:41:50 pm »

Not a death, but meh...

My Sim had a job where he had to (For God knows what reason) deliver a tomato to a famous chef. I accepted it, and went to the market to buy a single tomato. I went into map view, marking the celebrity's location for travel. I got there, and attempted to give her the tomato, but for some reason, the game claimed that I didn't have what I needed. Confused, I entered my Sim's inventory, to see that I was indeed missing the tomato. I became irritated when I remembered I hadn't paused time while I was in the map view. I checked my Sim's needs, to see that he was full.

As it turns out, the Sim had gotten hungry as I was marking the location, and eaten the tomato that he just bought for someone else.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10576 on: January 01, 2014, 12:09:13 am »

WHAT THE FUCK WHY ARE THERE MINES IN YOUR FUCKING CAMP?!!? SERIOUSLY? YOU WERE LIKE THREE FEET FROM IT! YOU STACKED A FUCKING MINE NEXT TO A CRATE FULL OF GODDAMN EXPLOSIVES, IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR CAMP!!!! What the fuck.

Fallout New Vegas. The Powder Ganger West camp had mines in it. They were literally within spitting distance of it. I don't even.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10577 on: January 01, 2014, 12:11:45 am »

Not a death, but meh...

My Sim had a job where he had to (For God knows what reason) deliver a tomato to a famous chef. I accepted it, and went to the market to buy a single tomato. I went into map view, marking the celebrity's location for travel. I got there, and attempted to give her the tomato, but for some reason, the game claimed that I didn't have what I needed. Confused, I entered my Sim's inventory, to see that I was indeed missing the tomato. I became irritated when I remembered I hadn't paused time while I was in the map view. I checked my Sim's needs, to see that he was full.

As it turns out, the Sim had gotten hungry as I was marking the location, and eaten the tomato that he just bought for someone else.

lolsims.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10578 on: January 01, 2014, 01:08:11 am »

WHAT THE FUCK WHY ARE THERE MINES IN YOUR FUCKING CAMP?!!? SERIOUSLY? YOU WERE LIKE THREE FEET FROM IT! YOU STACKED A FUCKING MINE NEXT TO A CRATE FULL OF GODDAMN EXPLOSIVES, IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR CAMP!!!! What the fuck.

Fallout New Vegas. The Powder Ganger West camp had mines in it. They were literally within spitting distance of it. I don't even.

Yea, I remember those. The hard part is remembering which explosives count as owned and which ones aren't. You can make some good early cash on the 'splosives.

It was my fault, really. I had cranked the difficulty WAY up to get more exp, believing I would quickly unlock a more powerful spell than was default on the level that could handle the increased danger. I then realized I didn't have enough mana to unlock the spell and establish a full defense, so I would at least have to set up a starting defense out of the default abilities. It was going well, I had established a full defensive nest and a route to force the enemy through, but unfortunately I got caught by a boss and a swarm side by side. And because of where I had set up my nest and how slow the bosses move, they both hit at the same time. With my defenses tied up by the swarm, I didn't realize until too late that I didn't have enough mana to banish the bosses that my defenses were completely ignoring in favor of the much faster but less threatening swarm. Didn't end well.

A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10579 on: January 01, 2014, 02:09:37 am »

Blam! Blam! Alright, that's those two dead. What's that noise? OH FUUUUUUUUU-

FERAL GHOUL RUSH. Epic fail on my part. Didn't notice the giant horde milling about over the ridge, and my two shots got their attention.

Fallout: New Vegas. Why yes, yes I am low level.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10580 on: January 01, 2014, 02:39:48 am »

I very lightly brushed against a single pixel on the very tip of the Egg Walker's spike fist. Instant death.

Sonic 2.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10581 on: January 01, 2014, 02:58:10 am »

Quite recently I posted in 'whats going on in your fort' about a slow start and an unfortunate bug, where a wet plug that was recollasped to break an aquifer left mud piles tha collasped down when cavern fungi tried to grow there.   One of these floating piles fell and killed 3 of 13 children sending my carpenter and 2 others to.our hospital.

I expressed concern about lodging, feeding, and and keeping the 44 migrants happy when I had 13 prior to that.  The tragedy sent several.involved children and a mother.on a tantrum, and things were thrown.  It was looking bad.

But, it can always get worse.   a 67 zombie siege happened after I found out the cavern interrupted my room plans.  A necromancer also graced us and our almost-but not quite complete walls.  The elves didnt last long.

We decided to die like heros, those of us not whinning or on a cot.

df
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10582 on: January 01, 2014, 03:46:13 am »

My mighty Obliterators might be able to defeat hordes of missile-carrying Zuul ships, but there is one weapon they cannot deal with: a strange weapon that opens a rift in Nodespace, sending any unlucky vessels hit by it to another system instantly. This weapon seemingly never misses and never fails to trigger the effect, and there is no defense against it. What's worse, it out-ranges the Obliterator's best weapons and so the mighty ships cannot simply stay at range.

I lost a fresh colony when a small Zuul fleet attacked it. While the Obliterator massacred the initial wave with ease, a Rip Bore ship moved in and zapped it with the "rift gun", leaving the world suddenly and completely defenseless. While the dreadnought survived, the colony did not.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #10583 on: January 01, 2014, 12:07:58 pm »

I lost a fresh colony when a small Zuul fleet attacked it. While the Obliterator massacred the initial wave with ease, a Rip Bore ship moved in and zapped it with the "rift gun", leaving the world suddenly and completely defenseless. While the dreadnought survived, the colony did not.

"There is no colony, only Zuul!"
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10584 on: January 01, 2014, 12:18:41 pm »

My mighty Obliterators might be able to defeat hordes of missile-carrying Zuul ships, but there is one weapon they cannot deal with: a strange weapon that opens a rift in Nodespace, sending any unlucky vessels hit by it to another system instantly. This weapon seemingly never misses and never fails to trigger the effect, and there is no defense against it. What's worse, it out-ranges the Obliterator's best weapons and so the mighty ships cannot simply stay at range.

Look at the bright side.  If you weren't playing Human (or Zuul, actually), your ships would just blow up when hit by the node cannon. ^_^

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10585 on: January 01, 2014, 01:02:27 pm »

"Zuul Motherfucker!"

:P

On another note, I am terrible with judging distance with Daud's teleport.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10586 on: January 01, 2014, 05:34:01 pm »

I decided to buy IL-2 Sturmovik. For the record i have absolutely no idea what I'm doing and don't have a joystick either. Having said that:

Crashed into the runway in an F4F-3.

Crashed into the runway in another F4F-3

Crashed into the runway in an F4F-4 this time, mixing it up a bit.

Crashed into the runway in a finnish plane i forgot the name of.

And lastly: Got off the runway and crashed into the ground in a MIG-3. Yeah, I'm terrible.

On a related note what would be a good joystick to get, Preferably under $50?
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10587 on: January 01, 2014, 05:39:51 pm »

Shot to death by bandits while riding in a carriage.

Long Live the Queen.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10588 on: January 01, 2014, 06:23:55 pm »

Kicked a wall, dislodging the ceiling.

Nethack
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10589 on: January 01, 2014, 06:26:58 pm »

Beefalo decided to curbstomp me while I was at low health, despite the fact that I did nothing to provoke it and they're usually harmless when when you walk near.
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 1575