Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 702 703 [704] 705 706 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370585 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10545 on: December 30, 2013, 02:26:52 pm »

I got a whole litany.

Deathclaw.
Deathclaw.
Deathclaw.
Big Kid Mini-nuke.
Deathclaw.
(Long gap with no deaths.)
Motherfucking Deathclaw.
Invisible Marked Man with a bumper sword.
Ulysses.
Ulysses + half a dozen Marked Men + three Medical Eyebots.
Ragequit at invincible boss.
Ragequit.
Ragequit.
(Finally decide to try talking instead of my massive arsenal of murder. It works.)

Fallout New Vegas The Divide
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10546 on: December 30, 2013, 06:21:10 pm »

My Pikachu found itself facing a horde of 5 Bellsprouts.

"No worries," I thought, "I'm 30 levels above these! Watch me dispatch them one by one, then capture the last one with paralysis!"

And then I get Poison Powdered and Wrapped. Both of which deal damage each turn, which is a pain when Thunderbolt takes one turn per enemy. And the damage is percentage-based, so my level advantage meant nothing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #10547 on: December 30, 2013, 07:13:47 pm »

Splash damage from the last bruiser brother's shot killed me. I dodged the projectile fine, but it hit the wall behind me, and exploded in trippy acidy goodness. I had no armor on, since my red armor got destroyed in the midst of battle, and only 13% health. Yeah. I died.

Shoulda used a large medkit, but "nooo," said I, "I'll just run around the bruiser, get some breathing space, and then put on more armor and heal. What's the worst that could happen?"

...And then I died very stupidly.

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10548 on: December 30, 2013, 08:17:23 pm »

I got the Jaggi S armor and the difference is pretty awesome, except for the fact that it has Item Use Down and negative fire resistance.
I'm using the Inceadeus, which is the switch axe you get from the, well, Ceadeus.
I've got the normal Rathians down, I would say, as they only kill we when they manage to stun lock me for more than two attacks. Haven't even bothered with a pink one yet.
Do high-rank enemies have more health than their low rank counter parts? I can take down a Royal Lodroth in what feels like about the same time, they just do like, twice the damage.
EDIT: Also, when it comes to switch axes, does how much energy is left in the Phial affect it's effects, or is it just a 'if it's below half you need to reload' type thing?
And lastly, just HOW much Raw damage does a power phial add?
1. You can get rid of Item Use Down with a decoration. As for resistance, well.. don't get hit by any fireballs? :P
2. That is a good axe and it just gets better with more upgrades. You made a fine choice.
3. Have fun with the pinks. I do agree that regular ones are easy though.
4. They do, but you also do more damage. So it evens out.
5. The amount does not matter until you run out. Then you just reload.
6. ...some? 20%? Maybe more? It's a good amount, enough to make power phial axes better than most other ones.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10549 on: December 30, 2013, 08:34:18 pm »

A player takes over the role of the previous captain and pilot, who quit, and kicks me off my temporary position at the helm and takes command. He then decides that the best course of action would be to stop dead in the middle of 2 enemy ships and shout at the rest of the crew for not being able to both repair everything and man all of the guns. We didn't last long.

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10550 on: December 30, 2013, 08:46:36 pm »

I got the Jaggi S armor and the difference is pretty awesome, except for the fact that it has Item Use Down and negative fire resistance.
I'm using the Inceadeus, which is the switch axe you get from the, well, Ceadeus.
I've got the normal Rathians down, I would say, as they only kill we when they manage to stun lock me for more than two attacks. Haven't even bothered with a pink one yet.
Do high-rank enemies have more health than their low rank counter parts? I can take down a Royal Lodroth in what feels like about the same time, they just do like, twice the damage.
EDIT: Also, when it comes to switch axes, does how much energy is left in the Phial affect it's effects, or is it just a 'if it's below half you need to reload' type thing?
And lastly, just HOW much Raw damage does a power phial add?
1. You can get rid of Item Use Down with a decoration. As for resistance, well.. don't get hit by any fireballs? :P
2. That is a good axe and it just gets better with more upgrades. You made a fine choice.
3. Have fun with the pinks. I do agree that regular ones are easy though.
4. They do, but you also do more damage. So it evens out.
5. The amount does not matter until you run out. Then you just reload.
6. ...some? 20%? Maybe more? It's a good amount, enough to make power phial axes better than most other ones.

Thanks for the advice. I will apply it liberally where necessary!
I decided to give Dual Blades a go though and well, check the own thread in a few minutes. :P
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10551 on: December 30, 2013, 08:52:05 pm »

I actually have Guns of Icarus Online. I wish I had a better internet connection so I could actually play it.

But while thinking of multiplayer games, I guess I'll post about one from a while ago.

I was the commander, the one in charge of building buildings, keeping the troops intact, and generally making sure things don't hit the fan. I'm telling my squad to move to the next room so we can capture the resource node so we can actually, you know, do stuff.
They take their fine freaking time getting there, only to find that the aliens got there first, so they shoot them for a bit, and then whine about how they don't have strong enough weapons to fight them.
Ok, I tell them to go and capture the base room to the east.
They tell me that they can't do that, since the aliens already control that room.
I tell them to go and blow up the aliens so we can take it.
They whine about needing mech suits in order to take them on, and tell me to research them.
I calmly tell them that you can't research mechs until you have two bases, and we only had one.
They gripe about not having mech suits.
I tell them to get off their asses and go get the freaking base so that we can make them.
They say that I'm a terrible commander and that if they lose, it's all my fault.
I tell them to quit their bitching, do their job, stop camping, and get the damn base point so I can research the freaking mech suits for them.
They say "You need to build us mech suits, we can't fight them."
I tell them that they are the worst team I've ever worked with, and decide to do it myself, I build 2 ARCs, to destroy the alien base, and a Drone to build it once the ARCs clear it out. I tell them that if they really want their mech suits, they had better follow my robots, because otherwise nothing will ever get done.
I have a total of one guy go with them, the one person who wasn't arguing with me, and everyone else stays put, whining the whole time.
Naturally, that one person and my robots aren't enough to clear out the enemy base, and everyone on the team sits there and bitches while the aliens literally wait just outside our only base, laughing at us.
eventually, the alien team researches a ton of giant rhino monsters, and curbstomps the ever-loving carp out of the base.
I never played with those morons again.

Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10552 on: December 30, 2013, 09:02:00 pm »

Ah, they joys of a team that refuses to co-operate. Both leaders who expect too much of the team, and subordinates who expect to do too little. Just thinking about it brings back countless memories of playing co-op team-based games with a load of shitlords.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10553 on: December 30, 2013, 09:07:04 pm »

Oh man, I know.

I was literally sitting there, with just enough resources to build the new base, and I actually did get my robots and one volunteer to destroy the enemy base, and then they came in, killed them all, and rebuilt it like nothing had happened.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10554 on: December 30, 2013, 09:12:38 pm »

Battle-axes do 1d8 damage plus an extra point or two due to strength. The toughest person in the party has 12 HP, while two-thirds have less than 9 HP. You do the math.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10555 on: December 30, 2013, 09:18:15 pm »

This is why I still swear Ghost Recon Future Soldier was better than any other shooter on the xbox 360.

In Call of Duty... ugh. Stoners, kids, "lel how do i quikscope", ragequits, the list is unending, and none of the entries are helpful
In Battlefield... "Hey guys let's play tactically" "Only if by tactics do you mean everyone get an ATV and drive around as a distraction so I can hit them with a plane"
In GRFS... "Hey guys, looks like you're trying to hold an objective, let me lay down some ammo behind this cover, and hey, I've got this side with my big fuck-off LMG with a bipod, so don't worry about that, you guys watch that vulnerable cover, oh shit I'm down, but it's cool, we have a medic, and the objective is complete, let's move together to the next one... Oh, you're kinda new, here's the totally unexplained knife button, follow me and watch my back and you probably won't die as you've got advantage like that, while I take care of shit with my good gear, and hey, play as a class with medkits, it will boost your EXP when I go down in a firefight...

Etc, ad infinitum. I don't think anyone played that game who would fit in the Call of Duty crowd.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #10556 on: December 30, 2013, 09:22:07 pm »

-snip-
I've heard Natural Selection was pretty good, and I've been thinking about buying it, but I've heard the game is pretty much murder if you're a noob at FPS games. Given that I'd be practically useless in a commanding role, would the game be enjoyable for someone of my almost-non-existant skill? Also, is it particularly graphically intensive?

On-topic: I booted up the original Fallout after downloading it on steam. Having gotten my quest from the Overseer, I decided to try and head over to the water supply thing. I met three rad-scorpions on the way that pretty much killed me before I could even react.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10557 on: December 30, 2013, 09:30:49 pm »

-snip-
I've heard Natural Selection was pretty good, and I've been thinking about buying it, but I've heard the game is pretty much murder if you're a noob at FPS games. Given that I'd be practically useless in a commanding role, would the game be enjoyable for someone of my almost-non-existant skill? Also, is it particularly graphically intensive?

On-topic: I booted up the original Fallout after downloading it on steam. Having gotten my quest from the Overseer, I decided to try and head over to the water supply thing. I met three rad-scorpions on the way that pretty much killed me before I could even react.

Hard to say. It's not a particularly difficult game to pick up (or not as difficult as its reputation would lend), so long as you listen to your commander and ask for advice when you need it. A mic helps. Even if you're not very good at FPS games, there are definitely support roles you can fill as well, until you get better.

As for performance, my opinion is that it isn't well optimized, but without knowing your specs, I can't say. It's a custom engine IIRC, and some settings tank the framerate.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10558 on: December 30, 2013, 09:32:59 pm »

Battle-axes do 1d8 damage plus an extra point or two due to strength. The toughest person in the party has 12 HP, while two-thirds have less than 9 HP. You do the math.

Hints for earlygame IWD in the spoiler:
Eventually you'll get good gear and enough xp to start fighting the regular way. But the spoiler helps you tide over the first few chapters.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #10559 on: December 30, 2013, 09:42:17 pm »

-snip-

Hard to say. It's not a particularly difficult game to pick up (or not as difficult as its reputation would lend), so long as you listen to your commander and ask for advice when you need it. A mic helps. Even if you're not very good at FPS games, there are definitely support roles you can fill as well, until you get better.

As for performance, my opinion is that it isn't well optimized, but without knowing your specs, I can't say. It's a custom engine IIRC, and some settings tank the framerate.
I've got a laptop with an approximately 1.4 Ghz processor and an AMD Radeon HD 7310 graphics card. I don't know a great deal about CPU hardware, so I have no idea if there's any additional relevant info.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.
Pages: 1 ... 702 703 [704] 705 706 ... 1575