Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370711 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10515 on: December 28, 2013, 02:26:49 pm »

Asylum Demon. Over and over and over and over and over. Guessing I should've gone with a more agile build than 'knight'. .-.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Is this the first or second time you're fighting the Assylum Demon? If you just have the broken sword still and didn't drop from above then you just need to run to a door in the back left corner. You CAN kill him the first time, but it's hella hard.

Second time. First time I got hit by its club and sent flying through a door.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10516 on: December 28, 2013, 04:28:21 pm »

Trying to explore a sector with my super awesome Carnelian, when suddenly, a mantis ship appears. 3 mantises board the ship because of special events, and then another 2 teleport aboard from the mantis ship. Like, what the fuck? My crystal men didn't stand a chance.

Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #10517 on: December 28, 2013, 04:31:15 pm »

I made a terrible mistake. I had just gotten to the second level of Phobos. There was a lever and a barrel of fuel in the room with me. I blow up the barrel, then decide to pull the lever. I assumed it would blow up all the barrels on the level, since there had been a barrel next to this lever.

Nope. The floor became lava. I couldn't run to the door in time. This was almost as unfair of a death as putting on an unidentified cursed amulet of strangulation in Nethack. Literally nothing I could do but use all my medpacks to delay my inevitable melting.

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10518 on: December 28, 2013, 04:49:41 pm »

I got overrun by 'chickens' cause I couldn't get enough turrets up and running fast enough. I still held out for a good while, but my base was eventually overrun by the tide of teeth and claws. At least my commander took a good bunch of the bastard with him when he exploded with nuclear beauty.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10519 on: December 28, 2013, 11:40:59 pm »

Up until this current point, I was stomping the shit out of everything that I came up against with a combination of good tactics, judicious application of stealth and ambush, and massive over-expenditure of firepower. I stopped to search a little trailer on the High Road, when I got a message. "ED-E has been knocked unconscious."

I turn to find ED-E on the floor, and take a step out, looking to the right to see if it was an enemy slightly farther down the path that had sniped ED-E. I take damage from behind and turn to see a massive claw slashing through my face, killing me.

A fucking Deathclaw snuck up on me and killed me before I could turn all the way around. Goddamn freaky Deathclaws.

Fallout New Vegas: The Divide
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10520 on: December 29, 2013, 01:17:31 am »

Deathclaws: ultimate cure for constipation. And sanguine excess. And cancer of any organs.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #10521 on: December 29, 2013, 02:20:57 am »

Made a dumb misstep and walked into lava, killing me before I could react. I had several large medkits I should have used so I wouldn't be at such low health, but I had just cleared the level and was feeling safe. Man. Freaking lava seems to kill me more than anything else.

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10522 on: December 29, 2013, 08:29:06 am »

Up until this current point, I was stomping the shit out of everything that I came up against with a combination of good tactics, judicious application of stealth and ambush, and massive over-expenditure of firepower. I stopped to search a little trailer on the High Road, when I got a message. "ED-E has been knocked unconscious."

I turn to find ED-E on the floor, and take a step out, looking to the right to see if it was an enemy slightly farther down the path that had sniped ED-E. I take damage from behind and turn to see a massive claw slashing through my face, killing me.

A fucking Deathclaw snuck up on me and killed me before I could turn all the way around. Goddamn freaky Deathclaws.

I died to the *exact same Deathclaw* last time I played New Vegas. I, too, did not see him coming.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10523 on: December 29, 2013, 08:42:28 am »

I died to the *exact same Deathclaw* last time I played New Vegas. I, too, did not see him coming.

I'm glad it wasn't just me. I have no idea where he came from. I kept searching the horizon for red dots and everything. Gorram sneaky Deathclaws.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10524 on: December 29, 2013, 11:16:57 am »

I'm glad it wasn't just me. I have no idea where he came from. I kept searching the horizon for red dots and everything. Gorram sneaky Deathclaws.

Stepping into that trailer triggers it to spawn right next to you, if it's the one I'm thinking of.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10525 on: December 29, 2013, 11:41:45 am »

I always hated deathclaws.

Buggers were always tough. In FO3, I could easily decimate whole towns, but more than two deathclaws came at me?

I was fucked.

It was worse when I tried assaulting that town filled with them.
Have you been to Dead Wind Cavern or Quarry Junction in New Vegas? There are like, a million deathclaws in both. Doesn't help that Dead Wind Cavern had a fucking legendary deathclaw.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10526 on: December 29, 2013, 12:10:28 pm »

I'm pleased to hear that Fallout 3 does Deathclaws justice.

Man In Zero G

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10527 on: December 29, 2013, 12:15:29 pm »

I always hated deathclaws.

Buggers were always tough. In FO3, I could easily decimate whole towns, but more than two deathclaws came at me?

I was fucked.

It was worse when I tried assaulting that town filled with them.
We.. We don't go to Old Olney anymore. Not anymore.
Quote from: Toady One
Their lack of eyes should stop them from crying.
Just watching dwarves make poor decisions repeatedly as I fix their little minds...
I haven't checked since I'm not doing bugs until after the release (well, I'm doing bugs, in the additive sense).

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10528 on: December 29, 2013, 01:45:45 pm »

The only way i ever managed to kill deathclaws in FO3 was with that dart gun you could make. Cripple their legs and run like hell. Of course without darts it was useless and i was screwed, except for some times i managed to become a sneaky ninja.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10529 on: December 29, 2013, 02:05:28 pm »

For anything that the combat shotgun could not take, I had the next best thing. A sniper rifle and the skill to use it. Of course, when the sniper wasn't an option.....
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 1575