Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 699 700 [701] 702 703 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370977 times)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10500 on: December 27, 2013, 01:44:58 pm »

With the Engi Cruiser A, I managed to beat the first phase of the flagship rather easily. However, my super awesome engi ship ended up just like my only other ship to reach the second phase, which didn't stand a chance against the power surge. I think the Carnelian might be my only chance at winning that goddamn Federation Cruiser.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10501 on: December 27, 2013, 02:56:42 pm »

Finally tried that damn MOBA after months of nagging from my roommate. So, i joined a game after the long install, and typed in the chat "Hi! This is my first game." Now, knowing Team Fortress, I was expecting this to happen in a team-based strategy game, but I didn't expect it to be so instant. I got death threats. Death threats. Some research suggests that this wasn't an isolated incident. Well, I don't like that kind of game much anyway, and I'm not going to put up with that kind of community. So I died (they refused to give me tips), quit, and uninstalled.

My friends bug me to play that game as well. I've seen them play, and it's almost always that hostile between players. Even team-mates actively insult one another.

I'd recommend sticking to players v. bots, if you are even going to bother with the game. Though even that mode is still filled with incredibly aggressive assholes players.

Anyways, I recently ended up with a Valkyr in Warframe. I was completely unaware of how damn fragile that frame is. Lower shield capacity than I expected lead to me getting killed within the first 10 minutes while grinding Apollodorus for XP.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10502 on: December 27, 2013, 03:19:58 pm »

I think it would be hilarious to people who play MOBAs to watch a video of a match where everyone is hella skilled and hardcore but super nice and pleasant.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10503 on: December 27, 2013, 03:40:27 pm »

Damn you Twi's staircase of death!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10504 on: December 27, 2013, 04:11:14 pm »

I think it would be hilarious to people who play MOBAs to watch a video of a match where everyone is hella skilled and hardcore but super nice and pleasant.
"Ah, excellent ambush old chap! Well played!"
"Thank you, good sir! I do apologize for the unsportsmanlike conduct though. Hardly fair of me."
"Think nothing of it, friend."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10505 on: December 27, 2013, 04:14:36 pm »

Coming on the tails of my last encounter which was aptly posted in the "how I last died" thread (death to a skeletal dog), I managed to stumble across a military wreck right behind a house, with a nice army helmet hanging off one side of the frame.  Since I desperately needed better head gear (Glass Jaw combined with severe head injuries due to accidentally walking into a house full of giant black widows), I went in carefully to grab the helmet...and as I approached, I accidentally set off around half a dozen zombie dogs led by a skeletal dog hiding just around a corner.  Needless to say, I lit off back off in the opposite direction, as the pack clambered over the wreck, baying for my blood.  They probably anticipated a quick and swift kill of this prey that they could easily run down...which is when the first dog stepped on a land mine.  Some other survivor left a bunch of buried mines that I almost stumbled into myself walking out of the emergency shelter (in an unrelated incident involving a very angry moose), so it was gratifying to turn the tables and watch the earth erupt under some other pack of hapless zeds.  By dodging back and forth, I jinked most of the pack into various land mines, and one explosion even caught two of them in a single blow. 

As for the skeletal dog leading the pack?  It was the only one that avoided all the landmines.  As it raced up to me, I readied my fireaxe, desperately hoping it didn't hit me in the head even once, only for me to down it with a single lucky blow.  And thus, balance is restored, and I received my fancy new hat helmet. ^_^

Following right after this.  There was one more zombie dog. ;_;

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10506 on: December 27, 2013, 04:24:37 pm »

Cataclysm has the best deaths, and the lessons learned are usually "do meth".

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10507 on: December 27, 2013, 04:37:20 pm »

Cataclysm has the best deaths, and the lessons learned are usually "do meth".
Also sometimes "set shit on fire".
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10508 on: December 28, 2013, 12:43:42 am »

La di da, building up my empire, getting ready to colonize a new world, feeling good about annihilating a nest of swarm bugs + queen. Even destroyed a couple of Von Neumann probes! Things are going very well so fa--

What the heck is a Von Neumann Berserker?

*less than 60 seconds later*

Defensive fleet is dead o.o;

*another 60 seconds*

...and so is the colony .___________________________________________.

ETA: Aw fuck it attacked another colony. This one had defensive platforms in orbit along with a nearly-identical defense fleet. The fleet died just as quickly as before, but the defensive platforms bought just enough time that the colony itself survived (though was badly damaged).
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 01:12:40 am by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10509 on: December 28, 2013, 01:26:43 am »

Egypt is under an invasion, the first one this go-through I've had. All of my actually good troops were all in the infirmary after a nearly-botched UFO crash site raid, so I had to send in The RookiesTM.

Landed, move forward, don't see anything. Move a little bit farther, a chrysalid pops up, and I jumped everyone up and fanned out and blasted it. Moved a bit farther up, two more chrysalids, wiping out the locals. Move in, blast one, and the other runs for it. Dang it. So I move up to get at it, and right after I get in sight of it, some zombies spring up behind my squad, now they're surrounded. I run everyone around like crazy trying to not get killed, but 1 moron panics and decides to hunker down, so he's swarmed and murdered brutally. Then everything hit the fan. Once the first idiot died, everyone else started panicking and losing control, and got mobbed. I ended the mission by having the one guy smart enough to keep his cool hightail it to the choppa'.

Egypt immediately left the council after that.

Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10510 on: December 28, 2013, 02:57:04 am »

Mystic Cave Zone is turning out to be Chemical Plant Zone all over again. Soooo many instant-death crushing traps again, and you can't even see them coming like you can in Chemical Plant. You're just running along and then you're dead instantly with no time to evade.

Sonic 2. At least the touch controls are usable, unlike 90% of games that use a simulated gamepad.

EDIT: I just found the Hidden Palace. I have never had so much fun losing at a boss. I won't spoil it though.

Also Sonic 2.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 04:04:51 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10511 on: December 28, 2013, 11:30:47 am »

Asylum Demon. Over and over and over and over and over. Guessing I should've gone with a more agile build than 'knight'. .-.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10512 on: December 28, 2013, 12:33:30 pm »

Asylum Demon. Over and over and over and over and over. Guessing I should've gone with a more agile build than 'knight'. .-.

Just roll around it and stab it in the butt. If it files up or lifts the club big side down, run away and stab it when it lands.
On a related note, Wrath of the Gods spam by a Darkmoon.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 12:35:10 pm by Lukewarm »

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10513 on: December 28, 2013, 01:18:50 pm »

Is this the first or second time you're fighting the Assylum Demon? If you just have the broken sword still and didn't drop from above then you just need to run to a door in the back left corner. You CAN kill him the first time, but it's hella hard.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10514 on: December 28, 2013, 01:54:13 pm »

Is this the first or second time you're fighting the Assylum Demon? If you just have the broken sword still and didn't drop from above then you just need to run to a door in the back left corner. You CAN kill him the first time, but it's hella hard.
Agreed; I'm not as good as most people, but I found it next to impossible to accomplish.  When I was trying for the special hammer that you receive by beating him without running away, I eventually just gave up, started with Black Firebombs, and torched him.  The hammer wasn't even all that worth it, in the end.
Pages: 1 ... 699 700 [701] 702 703 ... 1575