Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 691 692 [693] 694 695 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371407 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10380 on: December 14, 2013, 11:10:27 am »

I started playing XCom Enemy Unknown, since a friend gave me it for free.
I lost my first game (which was actually going fairly well) to my PS3 being unplugged, and then started again on the same difficulty (classic). I don't know what happened, but for some reason the new game seemed so. Much. Harder. I went from failure to failure, and counted a mission that ended with some troopers surviving as a victory.
It certainly seems to remain true to the difficulty of the old games, as far as I can see!

The thing that eventually inspired me to ragequit, though, was losing a squad to a strange glitch that made me unable to control three of my soldiers- and the VIP I was rescuing. One died there, the rest got put in critical over the next couple of turns due to ridiculous amounts of reaction fire. Lame.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10381 on: December 14, 2013, 11:22:34 am »

Decide to play a few rounds before trying to call my sweetheart.

First launch, I hit Mutou, Yuuko, then Shizune.

Second launch, I bounce on the ground once, then hit Shizune.

Third launch, I crash straightaway into Shizune.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #10382 on: December 14, 2013, 11:37:02 am »

Was dicking around in Goldshire on my rogue, a level 49 human hunter flagged himself for PvP after seeing me sap an NPC, at which point I shadowstepped over to him and instakilled him with ambush. Then I got hit by about 9 different AoEs from the clump of level 85 alliance players duelling ten feet away.

Totally worth it.

WoW: Cataclysm.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10383 on: December 14, 2013, 03:35:35 pm »

Freaking goddamn dwarves and giant lizards and rocks and magma and fire and shit.

Magicka

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10384 on: December 14, 2013, 05:56:07 pm »

Not a death, but I think I have that bug in mission 5 of Deus Ex.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #10385 on: December 14, 2013, 06:05:22 pm »

accidentily set fire to a pair of shorts underground in a shelter, and then promptly died of smoke ((this was a old build))

Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10386 on: December 14, 2013, 07:36:43 pm »

Coming off of a successful evaluation and a perfect coverage grid finally set up, the xeno scum staged an attack on our base with their infiltrators clearing a path.  I was a little worried, but it's not like they'd drop everything on you all at once in the first wave, right?  Well, that's what I thought until three Mechtoids dropped on top of me in the first wave, along with a smattering of Chrysallids, Sectoids, and a Sectoid Commander.  With two shots per turn per Mechtoid, even my sniper couldn't keep them locked down long enough to turn the tide.  To be fair, they didn't drop everything on top of me in the first wave; it took the second and third waves, including two Cyberdiscs and some Seekers, and two more Mechtoids to finish off my forces.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10387 on: December 14, 2013, 07:49:11 pm »

GODAMN AIR DEFENSES!

Crack-a-lack-a

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10388 on: December 15, 2013, 11:14:27 am »

Was dicking around in Goldshire on my rogue, a level 49 human hunter flagged himself for PvP after seeing me sap an NPC, at which point I shadowstepped over to him and instakilled him with ambush. Then I got hit by about 9 different AoEs from the clump of level 85 alliance players duelling ten feet away.

Totally worth it.

WoW: Cataclysm.
Haha I actually used to hang around stealthed in full cat druid pvp gear in that one newbie town in the barrens afking and playing something else in another window.  I would listen for sounds of combat and then ruin the bored alliance player's day pretty much the moment they showed up to cause trouble.  Once I even pounced into a 2v1 and the other alliance player didn't even notice til I ate his buddy.  Then I sat on their corpses in bear form, as is WoW PvP tradition.

Good times, good times.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10389 on: December 15, 2013, 12:43:50 pm »

Khezus are really, really dangerous when they're pissed off.

EDIT: HOLD THE METEORS:
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #10390 on: December 15, 2013, 01:36:34 pm »

Had A very promising Zombie survivalist character, was finishing up some reading on the technology of electronics, Cue crash, right when i go to bed, loosing all my progress, again.

Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10391 on: December 16, 2013, 01:04:59 pm »

Not so much die as "Make me ragequit" but I was moving my colonel sniper into position....only to trigger the cyberdisc's overwatch, which not only hit her hard but caused the car she took cover behind to catch fire, which promptly exploded, killing her.  >:( I was planning on botting her next month too
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10392 on: December 16, 2013, 01:35:06 pm »

After farming some green titanite shards to upgrade my Winged Spear from +5 to magic +3, I decide, maybe it's time to leave the Depths, especially since I doubled my damage (2x-2.5x more, in fact). So, I go to the boss, the Gaping Dragon. Who promptly one hits me with a charge. And a fly up and fall. And a smash that wasn't even near me. And a tail swipe that just passed through my char without even any reaction, just noticed that I lost 1/3 of my hp.

That's my last loads-of-deaths. I learnt that using lock in against him only works against me (it's nice to have help aiming, but damn, I can't dodge with that fixed camera.) The game's combat system really isn't my cup of tea, but I'm suffering through.

At least MH3U is going well.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #10393 on: December 16, 2013, 02:09:29 pm »

Not me, but:

"Saw one of the other survivors trying to light a gasoline-soaked rag on fire and throw it into a field of dry grass. When I grabbed my knife, he threw the rag and grabbed his bow. Everyone saw the standoff and I told him to drop the bow or I'd grab my gun. He said he'd shoot me if I tried. I tried.

My last words were a cryptic prophesy that came true that very night."

A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10394 on: December 16, 2013, 04:33:53 pm »

Not so much die as "Make me ragequit" but I was moving my colonel sniper into position....only to trigger the cyberdisc's overwatch, which not only hit her hard but caused the car she took cover behind to catch fire, which promptly exploded, killing her.  >:( I was planning on botting her next month too

The cars man... the cars.  *shudders*
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 691 692 [693] 694 695 ... 1575