Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 685 686 [687] 688 689 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372139 times)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10290 on: December 04, 2013, 08:33:30 pm »

After a lengthy skirmish, I'm already injured, and my weapons are in need of a reload. With one smooth shotgun blast, I dispatch one last leopard.

"But no!", says the game, as two more well-armed murderers hear my gunshot, and come running up the hill to kill me. I slay one with a well-aimed headshot, but the other takes a few more bursts, and gets a few solid hits on me before going down.

Then, just as I'm getting ready to heal and reload... another leopard sneaks up on me. I fire one shotgun blast in a panic, and miss. The leopard doesn't give me a second chance.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10291 on: December 04, 2013, 09:40:03 pm »

After a lengthy skirmish, I'm already injured, and my weapons are in need of a reload. With one smooth shotgun blast, I dispatch one last leopard.

"But no!", says the game, as two more well-armed murderers hear my gunshot, and come running up the hill to kill me. I slay one with a well-aimed headshot, but the other takes a few more bursts, and gets a few solid hits on me before going down.

Then, just as I'm getting ready to heal and reload... another leopard sneaks up on me. I fire one shotgun blast in a panic, and miss. The leopard doesn't give me a second chance.

Man, freaking leopards. Even though they're a bit weaker, I actually found them just as dangerous as tigers - mostly 'cause a bright orange animal the size of a small car sticks out juuuust a little.

But fire fixes everything. Everything.

OT: My character got chewed apart by some sort of floating lobster hellspawn that looked like Cthulhu's Pinsir. In the middle of the day.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10292 on: December 04, 2013, 10:34:13 pm »

Huayna with the backstab, which in retrospect should have been obvious to me.  Caught me building my economy up.

Also, Shaka adopts pacifism this game.  0.o

Shaka of the great library parthenon, and joint lord of chinse lands.  This is what I get for bribing him alphabet.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10293 on: December 04, 2013, 11:12:48 pm »

Decided I was no longer feeling down and decided to join again.

I picked CE, somehow felt down again and started doing everything slowly. I skipped putting the tanks in and ended up breathing a mouthful of plasma when I tried to turn on internals.
All in all not a bad way to come back but still an failure of epic proportion.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10294 on: December 05, 2013, 04:09:49 am »

It turns out casting Tempest on yourself by accident is a bad idea when at low health.

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10295 on: December 05, 2013, 07:28:59 am »

I forgot how dangerous the waters of Vvardenfell are. Slaughterfish don't mess around at level 1.

Morrowind.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10296 on: December 05, 2013, 07:45:54 am »

I forgot how dangerous the waters of Vvardenfell are. Slaughterfish don't mess around at level 1.
That's why they're not called Lightnibblefish.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #10297 on: December 05, 2013, 08:48:22 am »

Decided to try a Nuzlocke run on my old Pokemon Silver cartridge, since I was at school with free time and nothing else to do in a club centered specifically around chilling and playing video games. Got my Cyndaquil, went out to Mr Pokemon's house, on the way back I run into my rival.

Cue battle.

...I lost the rival battle, first time ever. I just spammed tackle, his totadile used leer before spamming scratch. He outdamaged me and killed my cyndaquil. I lost a Nuzlocke run before I could even catch any pokymans...lolbrb restarting. Friends got a laugh out of it.

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10298 on: December 05, 2013, 09:07:57 am »

"Aww, doesn't he look cute."

Bokaza

• Bay Watcher
  • Forts lost: A lot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10299 on: December 05, 2013, 09:43:25 am »

Burned to death by a floating, sentient meteor.
Ah, RL. The only true slayer of fortresses.
A vile force of Reality has arrived!

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10300 on: December 05, 2013, 09:54:09 am »

Fell down my mine shaft to my doom. It's a very steep stair step pattern - each step is at the highest point that I can jump. I didn't know about platforms at the time, so I dug in this rather... inventive manner.

Turns out that walking forward at just the right speed will cause you to not bang against the far wall (safe, as you would drop straight down onto the stair below) and not land on any stairs. This results in a somewhat tender sack of meat at the foot of the bottom stair.

Starbound.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10301 on: December 05, 2013, 10:47:33 am »

Turns out, threat levels seven planets are exactly what you'd expect them to be.

Starbound
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10302 on: December 05, 2013, 11:19:12 am »

While examing a new species of green bat-bird-plant things in a cave, they started vommiting blood on me. I was too weirded out to save myself in time.

Starbound

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10303 on: December 05, 2013, 06:09:56 pm »

A huge armadillo-monster charged through my door into my house and pinned me in a corner while I desperately stabbed at it.

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10304 on: December 05, 2013, 06:47:14 pm »

Looks like I'm buying Starbound now.