Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372552 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10230 on: November 26, 2013, 08:45:07 am »

Volgin's attack where he sprays bullets all around him is really annoying.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10231 on: November 26, 2013, 06:33:49 pm »

What I do when outmatched by boarders:

Vent everything but medbay, and, if I have more than 3 crew, put those crew in a room next to medbay, and keep it unvented. If they survive, they get faced with an uncrippled crew that can heal.

That's what I do too, but my crew was in the engine room repairing a hull breach and the mantis were between them and the medbay.

EDIT:

Killed close to the end of my best run yet. I was in Sector 5. I had two Burst Laser II's, boarding and defense drones, two shield layers, three humans, two engis and two rocks, a two-person teleporter, and enough power to run the entire thing at once.

Out of nowhere, in the middle of a battle that I just about to win, I start exploding and the enemy warps away. I had made a note to repair myself as soon as I found a shop, and then promptly forgotten. FUCK.

FTL: Faster Than Light.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 03:17:00 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10232 on: November 27, 2013, 04:27:38 am »

This wasn't most recent, but it sure was annoying. Playing co op with a friend, map gen gives us an alright map and I get to work expanding and pushing back the AI so I can find a golem or an advanced research/factory/constructor. I explore most of the worlds and I find one of the two AI homeworlds. Knowing that most of the enemy fleet in its core and surrounding worlds are nuclear explosion resistant, he sends one in anyway. It pisses the AI off so much it then stomps us both with a couple hundred tech V ships each, blowing through our turrets.

AI War : Fleet command.
That damn nuke jumped the progress counter up by 500  >:(
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #10233 on: November 27, 2013, 05:03:47 am »

Captain Vor and his damn lightning grenades. Anyone who gets downed within reach of one is probably best left alone. Everyone who has tried to revive someone within reach of one of those things just ends up down too.

How come no-one ever tries crawling away from the enemy when they've been downed? Most people seem content to just sit there and watch as team-mates take damage as they try to revive them.

crawling when downed is so friggin bugged you have next to no control. Nine times out of ten you cant move at all, and when you can it's strictly backwards.
And if Vor is hard for you, wait until you reach Ruk. He's DORF level of !!FUN!!.
I'd be happy to help you, anyway :D
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10234 on: November 27, 2013, 05:08:28 am »

Finding out my unicorn adventurer had three completed quests...

Turned them in, and then found I could recruit random villagers, so while they had lost one leg and their tail, I got the whole town of farmers under my command and began a crusade across the wastes in an attempt to make it the a slaver fortress.

It failed horribly.

We got ambushed by a huge thing of raiders, and while I had a hunting rifle, I was unable to even stall our defeat. I got shot in the spine, leaving me able to live, however I could do fuck all.

My farmer army got slaughtered and I was finished off.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10235 on: November 27, 2013, 08:57:46 am »

Captain Vor and his damn lightning grenades. Anyone who gets downed within reach of one is probably best left alone. Everyone who has tried to revive someone within reach of one of those things just ends up down too.

How come no-one ever tries crawling away from the enemy when they've been downed? Most people seem content to just sit there and watch as team-mates take damage as they try to revive them.

crawling when downed is so friggin bugged you have next to no control. Nine times out of ten you cant move at all, and when you can it's strictly backwards.
And if Vor is hard for you, wait until you reach Ruk. He's DORF level of !!FUN!!.
I'd be happy to help you, anyway :D

That's strange, I haven't had too much difficulty crawling. Though the fact that it is strictly backwards does bug me. I've also noticed that the less health you have while downed, the slower you move, which is also problematic, since you crawl very slowly anyways. Though my problem was less with Vor himself and more with my teammates who seemed to just jump on his grenades without even attempting to avoid them. Then another one would run over to revive him before the grenade wore off, which would down them too, leading into some sort of death pattern until the grenade turned off.

My record is currently all four of us getting downed in about ten seconds trying to revive each other while in range of two grenades and in melee range of Vor himself.

Anyways, I'm done with Vor, but now I need to bum-rush my way to a planet that has orokin cells so I can start on making Vor's gun. But first I'll be farming the Jackal for Rhino schematics.

Speaking of which, the first time I fought the Jackal the game decided to bug out on me. My HUD froze and wouldn't update my health or my ammo, and before I knew it I was dead, without being given the option to revive. I think the same thing happened to my teammates, and after a while everyone had to quit because the game wouldn't recognize that we were all dead.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10236 on: November 27, 2013, 10:59:51 am »

Risen axe to the face took out my only healer on Hard mode. After that, it was all over but the crying.

(Fire Emblem: Awakening)
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10237 on: November 27, 2013, 12:47:35 pm »

Playing Finn and Bones (don't judge me D:)) and tried to do the first icy dungeon (the one with ten icy guards).
Even with my Charmed Flaming Sword with max attack and Frozen Charmed Wooden Shield with max defense and luck I lost.
Stupid Chilly Sentinels.
Black lives matter.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10238 on: November 27, 2013, 12:55:12 pm »

"Ha ha," I said. "I've killed a dozen Glacial Agnaktors before. I've got it down. Now I'm going to try to kill 2 at the same time."
Everything's going okay, they come into the same area which is slightly annoying but I can deal with it.. right up until they both decide to do the 180 degree ice beam that does ridiculous damage. At the same time. Facing opposite directions.

So the beams cover the whole map and I have no way to avoid them.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10239 on: November 27, 2013, 01:31:46 pm »

Just captured a fourth story building, met up with a Russian who told me that I needed to hold of the tanks until reinforcements arrive. "Comrade! We'll hold off the troops while you hold off the tanks!" Thinking this will be simple, I man the Anti-tank rifles and start pounding on the tanks. Running up from the second story to the third story to man that anti-tank rifle and then back again. All of a sudden a bunch of Germans run up the stairs and shoot me in the face.

You had one job.  >:(

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10240 on: November 27, 2013, 02:25:57 pm »

Jal Drunkenstumbles made a career of fouling opponent players unfortunate enough to fall next to him. It was perhaps not surprising that he met his end when half a dozen goblins gave him a taste of his own medicine.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10241 on: November 27, 2013, 03:51:15 pm »

GODDAMN PLESIOTH. GODDAMN YOUR PHYSICS DEFYING HIP CHECK. I WAS BEHIND YOU, BEHIND YOU! AUUUUUUUGHHHHHHH.

Monster hunter freedom unite. That motherfucking hip check.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10242 on: November 27, 2013, 05:22:44 pm »

Got blown up by some kind of... bipedal organic robot? That shot rockets at me?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10243 on: November 27, 2013, 06:28:22 pm »

Fuck E3M2. I think this map has the most Lost Souls out of any map I've ever seen. And people say Revenants are overused.

The Ultimate Doom
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10244 on: November 27, 2013, 10:30:45 pm »

Snipers, snipers, snipers :(
So, promptly after missing both a 95% chance shot to kill a sectopod and an 85% chance weapon disable on it, said beast shot my assault and killed my best support.  Obviously, my sniper then had to panic and kill my wounded assault :(  Heavy floaters come around and decide to say hi in overwatch.  Of course, losing some of my best damage meant that I wouldn't be able to take care of both the sectopod and the floaters in one turn, so with my remaining support I suppressed the sectopod and killed a floater with my second assault.  My heavy missed his second 67% shot to kill the heavy floater.  Next turn, the sectopod misses but the floater critically wounds my heavy, leaving me with just 3 squadmates.  I made the terrible mistake of trying to finish the sectopod with my sniper again.  2 95% chance shots miss, assault takes out the floater (I would have had him go for the sectopod but he wasn't close enough), and the support does the minimum damage possible on her weapon leaving the sectopod with 1 hp.  Sectopod then kills both my sniper and support that turn.  The only way for my assault to escape was by the sectopod, so I ran for some full cover.  Sectopod blows up cover with artillery thingymabob and then shoots and kills assault.  Left with only squaddies in barracks.

Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.
Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 1575