Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 671 672 [673] 674 675 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373212 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10080 on: October 29, 2013, 10:11:33 pm »

Ooh, I might play that.
It's a MUD that isn't furries (is it? I don't have anything against Furries in general but every MUD I've seen is anthropomorphic animals and sometimes fantasy creatures in a fantasy setting. It gets dull.).
There are no furries! I just pulled up my intergalactic shopping guide, and there are no fursuits in the entire game that aren't custom designed donation items (donation does exist, but it is pretty much cosmetic benefits only). I made a thread a while back, but I'll put up a new one in a bit since it seems there is a fair amount of interest (and the old thread is really old).

EDIT: Here it is: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=132652.0
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 10:32:50 pm by quinnr »
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

lionstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10081 on: November 01, 2013, 08:35:37 pm »

Autopilot flew me into an asteroid just after leaving the stock market with over 300k profit from 30 minutes of buying and selling.
I'm honestly surprised they haven't added an "auto-save every time autopilot activates" option by now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10082 on: November 01, 2013, 08:54:47 pm »

I think something broke. In two rounds of Versus, both of which the survivor team never made it past 50%, fourty-six special infected were killed. I watched as a boomer, spitter, smoker, and jockey all attacked the survivors almost the instant the first round started, watched two smokers pry apart the survivor team from opposite sides, I ran down Nick as a charger after Ellis had been killed, then Coach was ambushed by a jockey while trying to save Nick. When I was a survivor, one teammate had died by the time we reached the 50% mark. Then a charger runs over Coach a good fifty feet up a hill behind a chain link fence and Ellis is jumped by a hunter. Realizing where this was going, I made a break for it and ran to the apartments. Then a smoker on a roof caught me and I was downed and killed. That was horrifying.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10083 on: November 01, 2013, 09:33:56 pm »

I think something broke. In two rounds of Versus, both of which the survivor team never made it past 50%, fourty-six special infected were killed. I watched as a boomer, spitter, smoker, and jockey all attacked the survivors almost the instant the first round started, watched two smokers pry apart the survivor team from opposite sides, I ran down Nick as a charger after Ellis had been killed, then Coach was ambushed by a jockey while trying to save Nick. When I was a survivor, one teammate had died by the time we reached the 50% mark. Then a charger runs over Coach a good fifty feet up a hill behind a chain link fence and Ellis is jumped by a hunter. Realizing where this was going, I made a break for it and ran to the apartments. Then a smoker on a roof caught me and I was downed and killed. That was horrifying.

Yep. I've had a similar run like that, where a spitter corralled me into an area i couldn't move out of and dropped me to 11 hp when the acid went away, so I limped as fast as I could to the safe room. Smoker got me, shot him before he pulled me over. Hunter tried to pounce from above, I managed to bunt it away and killed it. Boomer boomed on me, i took one hit, dropping me to 1hp, but safely made it to the safe room. Whew.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10084 on: November 01, 2013, 09:41:40 pm »

Wow. That should go in the own thread I think.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10085 on: November 01, 2013, 10:02:06 pm »

Ooh, I might play that.
It's a MUD that isn't furries (is it? I don't have anything against Furries in general but every MUD I've seen is anthropomorphic animals and sometimes fantasy creatures in a fantasy setting. It gets dull.).
Tell me about it.

Well, I've never had any real interest in MUDs, but what is it about them and furries?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10086 on: November 01, 2013, 10:07:46 pm »

The final battle of Throne of Bhaal is INSANE.

Did I say final battle? I lied. It's FIVE battles, with BOSS BATTLES BETWEEN EACH FUCKING BATTLE.

It starts with the Final BossTM right in front of you. I easily kick the boss to pieces, and have to go to a little platform where I fight the Elemental Prince of Air, two Vampiric Mists that are Hasted, and two Greater Air Elementals. You might recognize this as what is colloquially referred to as "Bad fucking news". I beat them into bloodless death, and now must fight the boss again. This time she summons a shitpile of Bone Fiends and does some Time Stop and some spell casting. I defeat her with minor injuries (Read: Injuries that would kill literal ARMIES of lower leveled characters) and move to the next platform, where I fight Cryozar, Prince of Ice. He conveniently announced this to me, so I fireballed his Too Dumb to Live ass into a puddle of water. Again, I fight the boss. This time, she summons TWO FUCKING MARILITHS (Think a Naga, except magic, bigger, and made of Demon) and a shitpile of Bone Fiends. Then she summons several Shadow Slayers, which are... Bad fucking news. Then she time stops and summons a FUCKING BALOR.

I. Kill. It. All. I finally beat her into submission with a Planetar at my side, half my party dead. Thankfully I have two Rods of Resurrection, so everyone just GETS BACK UP FROM DEATH, and we go to the third platform, which has two Mariliths, an Alu-fiend, a Succubus, and a Fallen Solar. I kill all of it but the Succubus, who charms my Paladin. My Paladin then proceeds to curbstomp my entire party by himself, thereby proving that nothing the game could ever throw at me is nearly so dangerous as my Paladin.

God. Damn. It. I didn't die like a bitch. I cast down entire armies of the foulest monsters to plague the Forgotten Realms, I FOUGHT A GODDESS IN HAND TO HAND COMBAT AND WAS WINNING. I CAN SUMMON FUCKING ANGELS, MULTIPLE ANGELS. My fighters can kill armies in moments, my mages can STOP MOTHERFUCKING TIME AND CAST ALL THE SPELLS. My clerics can banish the mightiest lichs WITH TURN UNDEAD.

I died because of Charm Person. FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Baldur's Gate 2 Throne of Bhaal
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #10087 on: November 02, 2013, 09:30:06 am »

I made it down into the green jungly area for the first time. I smash a crate with my machete and pick up a shotgun. Everything's just peachy, right?

A few minutes later I make the mistake of shooting my shotgun in midair and the knockback pushes me off a ledge. I fall onto an altar and lose my last unit of health.

"Kali accepts your sacrifice!" That's cool, Kali. Could you maybe unaccept my sacrifice and respawn me instead?

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10088 on: November 02, 2013, 09:52:40 am »

First try: Cthulhu ends up smashing me. Second try: I end up getting turned into a cultist. Third try: Dagon lands right on top of me.
At this point I just go screw-it and spam the party-magick over and over. Which lets Dagon flank me with no problem. GRRR.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 09:56:03 am by Kydrasz »
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10089 on: November 02, 2013, 12:30:00 pm »

Panzergrenadier hit nearly my entire squad at wave 3 ffs. Didn't really recover after that.

Artillery. Pretty much anytime arty lands, my entire squad is either: dead, fleeing, or in pieces(literally or figuratively). I've taken to keeping a signaller and antenna around and always keeping 1TP saved to deal with airstrikes, but artillery is just bullshit.

Decided to get some end-game equipment in an extra area that I'm more than an adequate level for.  Basically having cheap laughs at everything else in the game because they do about 200-600 damage out of my 4000~ish health.

Get one shot by some devils guarding some items in a ruined castle because they got a spell off before I did (nothing else in the game so far has even killed off one of the supporting characters, and then I TPK'd by one mob).

Most of the stuff you can get from that place is useless funjunk, inlcuding weapons with +0ATK rating.

Those devils that got you do drop an item that halves all elements, though. Was it an ambush? Even then, every character's ability-cancelling special attack fires off instantly if maxed out, although Tio's becomes buggy at this point.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Shadowscynthe

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:VULPINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10090 on: November 02, 2013, 12:39:10 pm »

I was just trying to steal Felen's Ebony Staff and he spotted me and killed my morrowind character.
And I forgot to save since a few (in-game) days too...........................
I WILL BITE YOUR HEAD OFF!!!

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10091 on: November 02, 2013, 01:19:13 pm »

Most of the stuff you can get from that place is useless funjunk, inlcuding weapons with +0ATK rating.

Those devils that got you do drop an item that halves all elements, though. Was it an ambush? Even then, every character's ability-cancelling special attack fires off instantly if maxed out, although Tio's becomes buggy at this point.

I think it was an ambush, been a little bit too long to remember too much about it anymore.  I mainly went to the place because it had end-game accessories and an extra mana egg (it also has the double EXP item.  Or was it mana coins?).  I didn't really realize exactly what I was getting myself into at that point, I just assumed they would've been easy as everything else and not one-shot my entire party with a single attack.  The 6,000 HP should've been a dead giveaway though.

Might as well post since I'm here:

Spinning my happy ass through a gigantic mob of level 60-ish enemies.  Having fun and doing my thing, regenning life at ridiculous speeds and having way too much of it.  Suddenly what sounds like a jet-engine smacking the ground at full force leaves me wondering where my character is.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10092 on: November 02, 2013, 01:52:48 pm »

The final battle of Throne of Bhaal is INSANE.

Did I say final battle? I lied. It's FIVE battles, with BOSS BATTLES BETWEEN EACH FUCKING BATTLE.

It starts with the Final BossTM right in front of you. I easily kick the boss to pieces, and have to go to a little platform where I fight the Elemental Prince of Air, two Vampiric Mists that are Hasted, and two Greater Air Elementals. You might recognize this as what is colloquially referred to as "Bad fucking news". I beat them into bloodless death, and now must fight the boss again. This time she summons a shitpile of Bone Fiends and does some Time Stop and some spell casting. I defeat her with minor injuries (Read: Injuries that would kill literal ARMIES of lower leveled characters) and move to the next platform, where I fight Cryozar, Prince of Ice. He conveniently announced this to me, so I fireballed his Too Dumb to Live ass into a puddle of water. Again, I fight the boss. This time, she summons TWO FUCKING MARILITHS (Think a Naga, except magic, bigger, and made of Demon) and a shitpile of Bone Fiends. Then she summons several Shadow Slayers, which are... Bad fucking news. Then she time stops and summons a FUCKING BALOR.

I. Kill. It. All. I finally beat her into submission with a Planetar at my side, half my party dead. Thankfully I have two Rods of Resurrection, so everyone just GETS BACK UP FROM DEATH, and we go to the third platform, which has two Mariliths, an Alu-fiend, a Succubus, and a Fallen Solar. I kill all of it but the Succubus, who charms my Paladin. My Paladin then proceeds to curbstomp my entire party by himself, thereby proving that nothing the game could ever throw at me is nearly so dangerous as my Paladin.

God. Damn. It. I didn't die like a bitch. I cast down entire armies of the foulest monsters to plague the Forgotten Realms, I FOUGHT A GODDESS IN HAND TO HAND COMBAT AND WAS WINNING. I CAN SUMMON FUCKING ANGELS, MULTIPLE ANGELS. My fighters can kill armies in moments, my mages can STOP MOTHERFUCKING TIME AND CAST ALL THE SPELLS. My clerics can banish the mightiest lichs WITH TURN UNDEAD.

I died because of Charm Person. FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Baldur's Gate 2 Throne of Bhaal
I strongly recommend The Assencion mod. It makes the battles most of the TOB boss battles more difficult, and makes the final battle a thing of nightmares. It also upgrades your ravager form (so that it doesn't completely suck in TOB), and gives you bhaalspawn powers again (which are actually pretty sweet).

And when I say nightmares, I mean it. The regular final battle is a joke compared to it.

On the flip side, damn if it doesn't feel good when you finally beat it.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10093 on: November 03, 2013, 12:48:50 am »

Accidentally destroyed the switch that opened the door to the hanger area, meaning I had to sneak through the minefield. I had all the usual success that I have in sneaking through the minefield.

Perfect Dark.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10094 on: November 03, 2013, 02:42:46 am »

Entire party wiped against the Toxic Nimross Champion because someone was too stupid to help me clear conditions on everyone.
That's twenty people fighting this enemy that inflicts long lasting poison and takes no damage from poisoned foes, and I'm the only one clearing conditions, which I can do for a coupla people every 25 or 30 seconds or so.

Now, I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only shout specced warrior there, but even if I was, there's other classes which can mass cure conditions.

Pages: 1 ... 671 672 [673] 674 675 ... 1575